What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Words you sing but turn out wrong!

Simo

First Grade
Just heard a song that reminded me of some lyrics I used to stuff up.

Remeber that 'take my breath away' song by Berlin? It was in Top Gun.

Anyway there is a bit that goes:

" Through the hourglass I saw you
In time you slipped away"

I used to think it said:

'Hulio Iglesias I saw you'

Totally ruined the song for me whe Huli wasnt in it!

What are your lyrical stuff ups?

Skeletor

Juniors
David Bowie:
"With your long blonde hair and your eyes of blue, the only thing I ever got from you was Zorro.....Zorro"

Samwise

Bench
Australians all let us ring joyce, for she is young and free.

haha, kenny's a classic.

McLovin

Staff member
Speaking of Top Gun. "Danger Zone"...

I always thought it was "Fly away to the Danger zone" which obviously makes sense considering it's a movie about planes. Only recently found out it was "Highway to the Danger Zone"...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There's plenty of misheard lyrics:

Cold Chisel's Cheap Wine.

"Cheap wine and a three day growth", "Cheap wine and a three legged goat"

"Our lips are sealed" "Alex the seal" I think its a Belinda Carlisle song or something.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky" "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" classic from Jimmy Hendrix's Purple Haze

Breadman

Juniors
Brown eyed girl by Van Morrisson.
'Hey where did we go' I always thought was 'Hey there amigo'

Another my sister fell to was Dirty deeds by ACDC, she thought
'dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap' was 'dirty deeds and the thunderqueens'. Yes she does still get sh%t for that one

Tommy Smith

Referee
MC84 said:
Speaking of Top Gun. "Danger Zone"...

I always thought it was "Fly away to the Danger zone" which obviously makes sense considering it's a movie about planes. Only recently found out it was "Highway to the Danger Zone"...
LOL. I always thought it was "i went through the dangerzone". Only found out otherwise in this thread!

remember the lambada from 1990

Real Lyrics: A Recordecao vai estar com siempre on di for

What i thought they were: Id hate for a some frying stuff to simmer on your floor.

and i used to have a friend who thought whoomp there it is was whoomp mayonaise

KF

Juniors
Mishead song titles:

Another one buys the ducks - Queen
Jackie Chan's on me - ABBA
Billie Jean (shot my llama) - Michael Jackson

regarding wrong lyrics..there's too many to name..lol but my bro always thought ‘I’m bringing sexyback’ sounded like ‘I got a sweaty back’

Simo

First Grade
lol.....billy jean shot my llama!

btw another one buys the ducks is by queen!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I know Bono c**ks up Rock The Casbah every time he sings it....she really don't like it instead of shareef don't like it.

LESStar58

Referee
I've been getting the words to "Mamas Don't Let Your babys grow up to be cowboys" out of order lately. also "good hearted woman"... I'm on a Waylon Jennings kick at the moment ;-)

Knightmare

Coach
I remember when the Deborah Harry song 'I want that man' came out in 1989 it was the same time the Batman movie came out and I thought she was singing 'I want Batman' as if it was some promotional song for the movie :LOL:

2 True Blues

Coach
I had this mate who used to think Chisels song was Cheap wine and a three legged goat. Pissed ourselves laughing when he was singing it and actually believed that was what they were singing.](*,) :lol: :lol:

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
I had this mate who used to think Chisels song was Cheap wine and a three legged goat. Pissed ourselves laughing when he was singing it and actually believed that was what they were singing.](*,) :lol: :lol:
:lol: yeah I had one who thought it was "cheap wine & a free bag a dope" :crazy:

Latest posts