What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work Experience

Gooba

Juniors
Anyone know any ways of getting work experience within a Nrl team ?(Sydney based)
Thanks

Hoggy

Bench
Or email them.

I have gotten work experience at the Storm before doing that and got work experience at the Kangaroos (AFL) last week doing the same.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I did some experience at the Tigers this year - sports journalism.

Just give them a call, or e-mail.

lolesi

First Grade
Head onto the ARL Foundation website mate, do not have the link, google it though, and then look for your local team, and have a chat to the development manager, my mate did it with Souths this year.

melon....

Coach
I know a fellow Wallster did work experience whn he was at School for Roosters Marketting. Give them a call and see if there are any jobs going for work experience.....9386-3248

Hoggy

Bench
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
What sort of work experience, Hoggy?

At the Storm I worked in the media/PR department (equates to working with the one guy that is that department).

At the Kangaroos I worked in the club shop basically for most of the week, retail etc.

Munky

Coach
Go work in the Carvery at Panthers for a week. :D

It's work experience at a football club. :mrgreen:

Paullyboy

Coach
I also second the person's idea who said to get in touch with the ARL Foundation. Its what I did a few years back.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:

Thats exactly what i'm interested in. How did you contact them and what type of stuff did you do?

***MH***

Bench
Grantwhy said:
***MH*** said:
wanna be a referee for a week?

Can I be a video ref?

I'll bring my own beer :D, you'll just have to point out which button is "Ref's Call" :p.
If you can flip a coin, you're hired!

I'm seriously thinking of becoming a ref... then again... but i suppose... abuse though... but keeps you fit... then again footy parents... nah! Put it on hold.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
pepstar87 said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Thats exactly what i'm interested in. How did you contact them and what type of stuff did you do?
Pepstar, Open your eyes and read the damn post.

I'll point out the obvious parts you should pay attention to.

Just give them a call, or e-mail

Tidus_Raider

Bench
A freind of mine at school got a job for work experience at the Roosters. She was a raiders supporter but she told me she had a great time. Meet Bernie Gurr (sp?), Nick Politis and co. Her tasks were mainly in the administration section of the leagues club but she did attend a training session.