What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9s 2019

Stallion

First Grade
Yes because Fox see them as better money making ventures, international 9s has no form and many people aren’t interested yet.
It could take a few tournaments before it becomes an event the average punter cares about.
I’m a rugby league fan who has an interest higher than the average punter and I’m not even than bothered. I would much rather have had a weekend of extra 13 as side games. Maybe after this event my interest will increase.
Even you only have enough interest to go for a single day.

A single day suits my circumstances.

Stallion

First Grade
What two nations should be compared with two Melbourne suburbs? Don’t you see how stupid that is?

Local popularity of a code does matter. If you cannot see a relationship between Nines and rugby-league, you are surely one of the most negative people on this site as far as rugby league is concerned.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Union World cup. That's been pumped ad nauseum over the past few months by FOX.

I see what you are saying - it is a little odd that they are promoting it this early considering that subscribers can come and go without a lock in contract these days.

The RU World Cup is a little more established than the RL 9's world cup though

Pommy

Coach
Local popularity of a code does matter. If you cannot see a relationship between Nines and rugby-league, you are surely one of the most negative people on this site as far as rugby league is concerned.

I’m not being negative at all I’m just saying it’s dumb to compare an event which has Australia playing in it (everyone in Australia has a horse in the race) to an event that has suburbs of Melbourne in it.

Stallion

First Grade
I’m not being negative at all I’m just saying it’s dumb to compare an event which has Australia playing in it (everyone in Australia has a horse in the race) to an event that has suburbs of Melbourne in it.

Nope. Different dynamics involved. Rugby league is a proven ratings winner both domestically and internationally. A fledgling tournament , especially international, within rugby league heartland regions warrants positive exposure.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Nope. Different dynamics involved. Rugby league is a proven ratings winner both domestically and internationally. A fledgling tournament , especially international, within rugby league heartland regions warrants positive exposure.

The media have never done us any favours though - and they aren't going to start with a brand new tournament, an international one at that.

Stallion

First Grade
The media have never done us any favours though - and they aren't going to start with a brand new tournament, an international one at that.

Yeah. And this is an ongoing issue for the code. Needs to be discussed and hopefully remedied. Not just a hopeless compliance that seems to.be the norm.

Pommy

Coach

But you were comparing the ANZAC test to AFL games.
This quoted post has nothing to do with what you said.

roughyedspud

Coach
So are the Wales & England 9s squads
going to contain GB players or is the GB squad separate?

Cos playing 9s at the end of a long season then expected to back up with 4 tests isn't too good of a idea

Springs09

Juniors
So are the Wales & England 9s squads
going to contain GB players or is the GB squad separate?

Cos playing 9s at the end of a long season then expected to back up with 4 tests isn't too good of a idea

lol why? It's not really any different from playing 5 tests. Just another weekend of footy.

roughyedspud

Coach
I'll have you a bet now that someone,nearer the time,will complain in the press about playing 9s post season and before test matches..

Pommy

Coach
I'll have you a bet now that someone,nearer the time,will complain in the press about playing 9s post season and before test matches..

You could almost make the same claim about someone in the RL media complaining the sky is blue or that air is free to breathe.

Latest posts