What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9's Ticket Sales? One month to go!

Burns

First Grade
Anyone have any idea?

I still can't understand why this is being played on a Friday arvo/night then all day Saturday.
I had a play around the best I could on Ticketek, and it looked like hardly any tickets had been sold?

Although, maybe this is the kind of event that will depend on sales in the week of the event.

Stallion

First Grade
Anyone have any idea?

I still can't understand why this is being played on a Friday arvo/night then all day Saturday.
I had a play around the best I could on Ticketek, and it looked like hardly any tickets had been sold?

Although, maybe this is the kind of event that will depend on sales in the week of the event.

Perhaps Saturday and Sunday should have been used? With the final at 3pm Sunday? It's certainly not getting the airplay the rugby union world cup is receiving. And that's on Fox league, Fox Sports and FTA tv channels.

hutch

First Grade
My pax for Friday only was 1600, bought two weeks ago! They haven’t moved many tickets.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
When they decided to play it on a Friday it lost my patronage.

Hoping there is a rugby union world cup type/size promotion by the relevant media organisations leading into the grandfinal. Not only for this tournament but the upcoming rugby-league internationals .

yakstorm

First Grade
Most recent Sydney Rugby 7's had sub-5,000 on the Friday, 18,391 on the Saturday and 20,876 on the Sunday.

In fairness, a lot of their Friday games are when people are working, versus in the evening, and they did have rain.

The NRL / RLIF is targeting over 50,000 across the two days for the event.

Stallion

First Grade
Most recent Sydney Rugby 7's had sub-5,000 on the Friday, 18,391 on the Saturday and 20,876 on the Sunday.

In fairness, a lot of their Friday games are when people are working, versus in the evening, and they did have rain.

The NRL / RLIF is targeting over 50,000 across the two days for the event.

Those deemed attendance figures are very questionable. At no stage were figures like that in that stadium. There were massive areas vacant in this stadium on all days! I suggest "promotional " numbers were used to create a facade that the tournament was popular. It wasn't!

Last edited:

Bojackhorseman

Juniors
Those deemed attendance figures are very questionable. At no stage was figures like that in that stadium. There were massive areas vacant around the stadium on all days! I suggest "prmotional" numbers were used to create a facade that the tournament was popular. It wasn't!
Utter rubbish as usual. The crowd figures looked right.

yakstorm

First Grade
There is some movement with tickets finally. In Cat 1 we are seeing people finally pushed out of the middle two bays into 114 and 117 on both Friday and Saturday.

With Cat 2's, Saturday is still selling into the Lower Bowl (112 & 119), whilst on Friday, these Bays have been filled and people are being pushed upstairs to 206.

Cat 3's are supposedly where a lot of the sales have been so far, but what that means is anyone's guess.

deluded pom?

Coach
Another half hearted attempt. Is piss poor organisation of international events in Australia down to plain incompetence or is it a deliberate ploy from people with a vested interest in other organisations or events?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Before everyone gets carried away, this is standard reporting from so called league journos.

People are focused on the finals at the moment.

Coastbloke

Bench
It's behind a Daily Tele paywall but apparently high profile Lebanese players are threatening a 9s boycott..

Bloody shambles IMO..