What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge - NOT live on Nine

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Manchester united is a world famous club - stgeorge Illawarra is not.
lol. It's not a soccer forum. You're in a rugby league forum. Did you forget?
StGeorge Illawarra are far from the most famous
of RL clubs.
Where do the sharks rate? The jealously runs deep in this one.
DJShaksta said:
WCC is a hyped up trial game, nothing more.

No different from the charity shield.
Ah... so you really are a soccer supporter.

And lol @ those saying 6am is too early. Are you guys serious?

FMD, what a soft bunch.

siamsam

Juniors
Regardless of which teams play I do everything I can to watch league even a bad game of league is miles ahead of afl or union. Hopefully a stream is available no matter what time it is on I will be watching it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah seriously, minor prems two years in a row; you were deserving premiers.

I'm just bored and stinging for the season to start.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know that poo.

And quite frankly, I support a club that is about to play an international.

Only an idiot wouldn't look forward to that.

The 18th Man

Juniors
I've never understood the dismissive attitude of some when discussing the WCC. The game has its faults in terms of fairness of scheduling and timing, though I thoroughly look forward to the game each and every season. I look forward to 2011's given Wigan are playing though even when we have missed out, I've always made the effort to watch this game. True rugby league fans I am sure feel the same.

hutch

First Grade
I've never understood the dismissive attitude of some when discussing the WCC. The game has its faults in terms of fairness of scheduling and timing, though I thoroughly look forward to the game each and every season. I look forward to 2011's given Wigan are playing though even when we have missed out, I've always made the effort to watch this game. True rugby league fans I am sure feel the same.

spot on, i feel exactly the same way! true fans of rugby league should look forward to watching this game every year! the game itself is always a top clash with a lot of passion and drama!

Quidgybo

Bench
spot on, i feel exactly the same way! true fans of rugby league should look forward to watching this game every year! the game itself is always a top clash with a lot of passion and drama!
It should be a championship match between the two best teams from each hemisphere at the height of the form that won them their titles. But it's played about four months too late for that by disjointed squads out of match practice and altered by retirements, transfers to rival clubs, and new arrivals who played no part in winning their titles. Until the match is scheduled such that it can live up to its potential and be a genuine championship contest, it will be hard for any true fan to treat it as anything more than what it is - an error riddled pre-season trial game that's a mere shadow of the great idea it could be.

Leigh

Last edited:

Bluebags1908

Juniors
For those who don't have Pay TV and can't get themselves to a pub or club at 6am on a Monday morning or can't tape it, the game is being replayed on Channel night at midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning 1st March, according to the TV Guide today's Telecrap.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
melbournians keen to watch it, keep an eye on www.mbds.com.au and we'll have details of where most of us will be gathering to watch it..

most likely within 5 km of the cbd...

Perth Red

Post Whore
good to watch, wish they would play it on a Saturday afternoon though so it is a bit more of a civilised time to watch it here!