What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge: Why Bradford will win

Who will win the big WCC Match?

• Bradford Bulls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bicey_18

Bench
Well its coming round quickly, the huge match up between The best from England, the Bulls and the best from Australia, the Panthers at the McAlpine Stadium, Huddersfield. Now this personally 4 me is the most exciting time in the football season, i just love waking up early and watchin it. It has its own atmosphere 2 it even at home while watchin it i get that feel of excitement as if im there, i just love pommie crowds!
Now onto the game, as much as i want Penrith 2 win it I think Bradford will win it and win it convincingly! I think Jetlag may be a factor as well as the playing conditions, Bradford's game plan will be simple, go out there and bash them into mistakes. As they did 2 years ago against Newcastle, they bashed them into errors, infact 20 errors. Also the ground factor, I know its sposed 2 be at a "neutral" ground but the McAlpines Stadium is a huge advantage 2 Bradford, they walloped Newcastle there and they will wallop Penrith there also. Penrith may slip back 2 there old selves im not sure but they will have 2 play their hearts out if they r going to be a side that i think may be the best in the world on English soil! Penrith have 2 keep the likes of Deacon and Paul under control if not watch out!

terracesider

Juniors
They shouldn't have any problem with the pitch, but the weather could well be a factor. I doubt you get the same the same quality of rain and wind anywhere in NSW that we get in Huddersfield. Knights couldn't cope with it.

Bicey_18 said:
Bradford's game plan will be simple, go out there and bash them into mistakes.

That the turbo-charged steam pigs only game plan. Boring and predictable, but effective. It's why they are called the Dulls. :lol:

BTW, it looks as if Roobie Paul will be out for another arm operation.

pommie_raider

Juniors
we don't like the key factor of Bradford winning the World Club Challenge, because Penrith may have jet lag.
It's how both teams of players play on the day, and with both teams losing alot of key players through salary cap, or retirment it shorley will be one exciting match.
As for Robbie, I think he'll be back for the World Club Challenge.
Run with the Bulls...... go you good things!

roofromoz

First Grade
The Panthers will be shooting for the rare triple crown - minor premiers, NRL champions, and world champions. That is enough motivation, but the only contributing factor that could harm the Panthers is that they have to travel to the other side of the world to play this match, with no warm up matches. That is the Bulls favour, but in terms of the line ups, it's evenly matched. And the Panthers have shown that they can adapt their game plan to nullify the oppositions - to beat the Roosters at their own game in the biggest game of the year is no fluke.

I think the Panthers can win it, but if the Bulls win it, it won't be the end of the world. They will be worthy world champions.

knights 2004

Juniors
panthers will win if they prepare right (like roosters last time) and not take a half assed team and approach (like the knights did)

Dean

Juniors
knights 2004 said:
panthers will win if they prepare right (like roosters last time) quote]

I agree totally. If the panthers prepare right for this game they'll blow Bradford right off the park. I think if any coach has half a brain they'll follow Stuart's lead, and i can't see Lang and the Panthers not taking this seriously. They seem to want this treble badly.

In-goal

Bench
Everyone keeps harping on about how the knights didn't take the game seriously this is a long way from the truth and just a poor excuse, the knights were totaly blown away buy the power of bradford and weren't ready for such a physical encounter.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Penrith will rip apart the Bulls, personally i dunno how they won it this year imo i thought Leeds would or taken them down, but they choked against Wigan :(

Simo

First Grade
I beleive Preston Campbell will run rings around the Big Bradford pack when they start to tire.

He is so quick of the mark and had an awsome step.

Presto will score 2-3 tries.

Bradford are a big pack and must dominate for the full 80 or risk the old English problem of being murdered in the final 20 minutes.

I hope it is close though.

The last 2 years have been disapointing with Newc getting flogged and then St Helenes getting flogged. Hopefully it will be close like the Bris St Helens game.

Put simply the NRL is a harder and faster competition then the SL. If Penrith take this match seriously like the Roosters did last year they will win and win comfortably given a decent surface.

A wet and windy night brings them back to the field.

I heard the jetlag theory and all that last year and it was a blow out.

mightypanther

Juniors
Well, I don't think that the weather will be too much of a problem for the Panthers. Penrith is at the foot of the Blue Mountains after all, so in winter we get some nasty rain and wind out here, as well as ice cold temperatures.

If anything the jet lag might be a slight problem, but only if they leave it too close to the day of the match to go over there, and from what I've heard they are supposed to be going over there a week before. If that's right, then jet lag can not be an excuse either.

As far as line ups go, the official site said that barring any training mishaps beforehand (please NO), then the entire Premiership side will be going over. The only one missing will be Satts and his place will be taken by Colin Ward who has been training (as far as I know), virtually full time with the team, so if they want it badly enough, they will do it.

Simo

First Grade
I reckon Scott Sattler should be allowed to play for Penrith in this game. That guy gave everything and won you the GF in my opinion and deserves a crack at the WCC.

He was part of the team that got you there and i think he should be allowed to have a go.

pommie_raider

Juniors
No he shouldn't, He will not be under contract for the Panthers in 2004, therefore he doesn't have any right to play for the Panthers in the World Club Challenge.
It's just like saying, Bradford should be able to bring Daniel Gartner out of retirement and Jimmy Lowes! but it's not going to happen.

Simo

First Grade
pommie_raider said:
No he shouldn't, He will not be under contract for the Panthers in 2004, therefore he doesn't have any right to play for the Panthers in the World Club Challenge.
It's just like saying, Bradford should be able to bring Daniel Gartner out of retirement and Jimmy Lowes! but it's not going to happen.

If im not mistaken the WCC challenge is meant to be the winner of the 2003 NRL GF V the winner of the ESL 2003 GF to find out who was the best team.

Doesnt it seem logical that the same team should play each other otherwise we are not finding out who the best team in the world was for 2003 because they are playing with 2004 lineups.

He may not be under contract for the Panthers but he has every right to be in a contest for the 2003 best team in the world match.

I no it aint gonna happen as the Tigers would never let him play but i think in future if your going to contest the best for the season, play with the lineups from that season.

Latest posts