What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge ?

Yeah it would be great. We could play the WCC in 40 decgree heat. Play it during the Cricket season weeks before anyones playing trails.

It would be brilliant!

MrCharisma

Bench
Who ever wins the NRL Grand Final... I think it's safe to say, they'll be smashed by the ESL team *no doubt it'll be St Helens or Bradford*

Jono078

Referee
Unless Tigers win, they have recruited very nicely. And if they have most players playing over there they should come away with the win.

MrCharisma

Bench
Actually I withdraw my last comment... Tigers have recruited very well, as jono78 pointed out.

If the Cowgirls win, they'll be destroyed

jed

First Grade
lure.jpg

Leaguefreaky, these threads never fail to get a reaction from you, do they.

I'd love to see the WCC played in Oz, but aside from the occasional year that the game might be played as a token gesture, it will pretty much remain in England, where a sell-out crowd is pretty much guaranteed.

Worst case scenario for the NRL would be for the WCC to be played at Telstra Stadium or at the SFS, and for only 10,000 seats to be sold.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
MrCharisma said:
Actually I withdraw my last comment... Tigers have recruited very well, as jono78 pointed out.

If the Cowgirls win, they'll be destroyed

No Super League club would make the top 8 down here, whoever wins the NRL will win the WCC.

MrCharisma

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
No Super League club would make the top 8 down here, whoever wins the NRL will win the WCC.

You don't watch much ESL do you... no, you're more concerned with playing with your balls and praying Parramatta won't choke again.

Guess what, it happened! So take your ill thought out opinion and post it elsewhere

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
That's funny, because I watch every ESL game we get down here every week and follow the other results through the net, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Guess what? A full strength Leeds struggled against a premier league Bulldogs, FACT!

ESL is substandard whether you like it or not, idiot.

And by the way, the fact that Parramatta choked is completely irrelevant, and unfortunately it doesn't cut as deep as you'd like it too, I guess we're used to it now.

lockyno1

Post Whore
MrCharisma said:
You don't watch much ESL do you... no, you're more concerned with playing with your balls and praying Parramatta won't choke again.

Guess what, it happened! So take your ill thought out opinion and post it elsewhere

Bradford would do ok, probally get into the 8, Leeds similar to Bradford but apart from that yeah the others would struggle!

Aside from Warrington there isnt a single club in SL that has a real halfback.

How could they compete in the NRL without halfbacks.

Bradford! Bradford would be demolished in the NRL. Imagine how much fun NRL wingers would have running past Vainikolo as he lumbers to turn around for the kick. Its quicker to turn the QEII around then it is for him to turn for a kick put behind him!

JasonE

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Yeah it would be great. We could play the WCC in 40 decgree heat. Play it during the Cricket season weeks before anyones playing trails.

It would be brilliant!

You must be assuming I want it played in January or February because I never mentioned playing it in cricket season did I ?

lyon is a saint

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Bradford would do ok, probally get into the 8, Leeds similar to Bradford but apart from that yeah the others would struggle!

Please dont post when you know fook all about super league!

So Leeds and Bradford would do ok, yet Saints ( most successfull team in super league and current minor premiers would struggle )! ?

Typicall Aussie no brainer... give super league a chance!

As for the other poster commenting on a poor Canterbury team.

Brisbane = 2001 vs Saints.
Newcastle - 2002 vs Bradford
Penrith = 2004 vs Bradford

But i guess they dont matter eh ?

Big Mick

Referee
1. Brett Hodgson
2. Dean Collis
3. Bronson Harrison
4. Paul Whaitura
5. Jamaal Lolesi
6. Benji Marshall
7. Scott Prince
8. John Skandalis
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ryan O’Hara
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Ben Galea
13. Dene Halatau

14. Todd Payton
15. Liam Fulton
16. Keith Galloway
17. Sam Harris

I think that team will beat an ESL team

lyon is a saint

Juniors
Good wests team and if Saints win ( although unlikely now with injuries, this will be our team ).

1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Talau
4. Lyon
5. Meli
6. Pryce
7. Long
8. Cayless
9. Cunningham
10. Fozzard
11. Vinnie Anderson
12. Gilmour
13. Sculthorpe

14. Higham or Roby
15. Anderson
16. Fassavalu
17. Wilkin or Hooper

bartman

Immortal
Fairly even contest I would think from reading those teams and the games of both codes I've watched? Different style of teams, different conditions, different locations, either one could win imo.

I think Leeds went on record after last seasons' WCC saying if they were in it again they'd want it played in Australia?

No...not an even contest at all!

St Helens dont have a halfback.

If you want to use the WCC as a marker between the strength of the two nations....Australia leads the count by about 36 games.

strong_latte

Juniors
MrCharisma said:
Who ever wins the NRL Grand Final... I think it's safe to say, they'll be smashed by the ESL team *no doubt it'll be St Helens or Bradford*

It depends on how seriously the Tigers or Cowboys take it... The Roosters are the only team in recent history to have treated the WCC as if it were on similar grounds to the NRL GF. Ricky Stuart organised weeks of preparation and several warm up games before going to England in 2003 and does anyone remember what happened? I'll tell you what happened, the roosters humiliated St Helens 38 zip!

Latest posts