What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2013 Fixture

mattystans000

Juniors
Source: http://www.scorpionsrl.com/article.php?id=8879

RLWC2013 tickets go on general sale on Friday October 26, one year out from the first match double-header at the Millennium Stadium.
RLWC2013 Tournament Fixture Dates
Group games - Round one
1. Saturday 26th October Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Australia v England Group A
2. Saturday 26th October Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Wales v Italy Group C/D
3. Sunday 27th October MS3 Craven Park, Hull Papua New Guinea v France Group B
4. Sunday 27th October Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington New Zealand v Samoa Group B
5. Monday 28th October Spotland Stadium, Rochdale Fiji v Ireland Group A
6. Tuesday 29th October Derwent Park, Workington Tonga v Scotland Group C
7. Wednesday 30th October The Memorial Stadium, Bristol USA v Cook Islands Group D
Group games - Round two
8. Friday 1st November Parc des Sports, Avignon New Zealand v France Group B
9. Saturday 2nd November Galpharm Stadium, Huddersfield England v Ireland Group A
10. Saturday 2nd November Langtree Park, St Helens Australia v Fiji Group A
11. Sunday 3rd November Glyndŵr University RS, Wrexham Wales v USA Group D
12. Sunday 3rd November Derwent Park, Workington Scotland v Italy Group C
13. Monday 4th November MS3 Craven Park, Hull Papua New Guinea v Samoa Group B
14. Tuesday 5th November Leigh Sports Village Tonga v Cook Islands Group C/D
Group games - Round three
15. Thursday 7th November Salford City Stadium Scotland v USA Group C/D
16. Friday 8th November Headingley Carnegie, Leeds New Zealand v Papua New Guinea Group B
17. Saturday 9th November KC Stadium, Hull England v Fiji Group A
18. Saturday 9th November Thomand Park, Limerick Australia v Ireland Group A
19. Sunday 10th November The Gnoll, Neath Wales v Cook Islands Group D
20. Sunday 10th November The Shay, Halifax Tonga v Italy Group C
21. Monday 11th November Gilbert Brutus, Perpignan France v Samoa Group B
Quarter finals
22. Friday 15th November Headingley Carnegie, Leeds Winner B v Winner C QF1
23. Saturday 16th November Glyndŵr University RS, Wrexham Winner A v Winner D QF2
24. Saturday 16th November DW Stadium, Wigan Runner Up A v 3rd Place B QF3
25. Sunday 17th November Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington Runner Up B v 3rd Place A QF4
Semi finals
26. Saturday 23rd November Wembley Stadium, London Winner Q/F 2 v Winner Q/F 4 SF1
27. Saturday 23rd November Wembley Stadium, London Winner Q/F 1 v Winner Q/F 3 SF2
Final
28. Saturday 30th November Old Trafford, Manchester Winner S/F 1 v Winner S/F 2

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
I like the spread of fixtures over the week and weekend. However, what were they thinking arranging two matches on days when England are playing? That's absolute madness especially when there are matches in France that could have easily been played and avoided clashes. Also a potential 4-day turnaround for the winners of Group B to their quarter final. It doesn't look like they've put too much thought into this.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im thinking about heading over. I'v never travelled over seas before though.

Whats the best way to organise it? Through a travel agent? Is there some sort of package thing thats for sale?

Springs

First Grade

Whats the best way to organise it? Through a travel agent? Is there some sort of package thing thats for sale?

I would also be interested in this information.

I don't mind the way they have done it. I can get to more games than I thought. Except for Australia vs Ireland, that might be a difficult one considering I mean to go to Ireland after the final.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Have you tried The Roo Crew? I guess they would be the best people to ask about travel from Australia.

Last edited:

mattystans000

Juniors
I dont get Rugby League Week or any of the RL Magazines anymore, but I remember leading up to the 4 Nations tournaments, there were a couple of tour groups featuring Rugby League people and personalities that had organised tours kinda like a Contiki but for the tournament. So you might wanna keep an eye out for those sometime soon. Just a thought?

roughyedspud

Coach

i organised all my 7week RLWC08 trip online.......alot easier than you'd think

clarency

Juniors
Will be watching the double header, Scotland v USA and hopefully Scotland v Italy.

Never been to England before, should be awesome.

geordiesaint

Juniors

Depends on what you want to do? Just watch the matches or see some of the country? If its the first option, probably through the a package; the second, book a flight and then cuff it (with an idea of accommodation locations) - best way to travel when exploring!

Poul

Juniors
Does anyone know the scheduled kick off time for the semifinals double header at Wembley?
It doesn't appear to be listed on the official website.

I'm planning to arrive into the UK on that day, and I need to be able to leave myself enough time to get to the venue.

Poul

Juniors
its be something like 2pm & 4pm..or 3pm & 5pm.......doubt it'll be any later than that.

Thanks for that.

Most of the flights that I have looked at arrive early in the morning, but there are a few arriving early afternoon, so I may have to give them a miss.

I had wanted to work here on the Friday, but I may have to leave work early that day :D.

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
Have bought my Ticket for the Final at Old trafford, I am extremely excited for this world cup, I really do hope it is a success, will be trying to convince a couple of my British friends to come to a few matches and introduce them to the game

mattystans000

Juniors
Wow :shock: A thread of mine got a Sticky, I feel so honoured :D

As far as tour groups go, the only one I've come across to date so far is http://www.therugbyleagueexperience.com.au/ Offering various packages for various lengths of time. I reckon they look great, but i'm planning my own trip to save on the costs for one, but mainly because I plan on seeing 16 of the 28 games, and every nation at least once. But yeah, for anyone interested, I've attached the link above. Hope to see as many people as can make it for RLWC13!

EventCarParks

Juniors

Hi, I'm Holly from Event Car Parks!
For those of you that are planning to go to the Rugby Semi-Finals at Wembley Stadium on 23rd November and are struggling to find parking for the game, visit our website at eventcarparks - and book now to avoid disappointment!
The car park is just a 5 minute walk from Wembley stadium and is safe and secured with Guards at all time!

Holly
Event Car Parks

Kalo

Juniors
I like the spread of fixtures over the week and weekend. However, what were they thinking arranging two matches on days when England are playing? That's absolute madness especially when there are matches in France that could have easily been played and avoided clashes. Also a potential 4-day turnaround for the winners of Group B to their quarter final. It doesn't look like they've put too much thought into this.

are you talking about sunday games? cant see when england is playing on these double games on sunday?

Kalo

Juniors
Hi, I'm Holly from Event Car Parks!
For those of you that are planning to go to the Rugby Semi-Finals at Wembley Stadium on 23rd November and are struggling to find parking for the game, visit our website at eventcarparks - and book now to avoid disappointment!
The car park is just a 5 minute walk from Wembley stadium and is safe and secured with Guards at all time!

Holly
Event Car Parks

Thanks holly - how much?

Latest posts