What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

world cup injuries...

roughyedspud

Coach
think we had a thread like this for he last world cup..

a list of players likely to miss the world cup through injury....

i'll kick off with JUSTIN HODGES....who appears to have a season ending achillies injury.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Michael Robertson has been ruled out for the rest of the season for Scotland, and Shannon McDonnell for Ireland.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Did that only happen recently?

Gareth Widdop is likely to miss out too.
McDonnell got injured in the Challenge Cup semi final. Robertson was ruled out for the rest of the season last week, I don't know if he'll be back for the WC but I doubt it since he seemed pretty non-committal before his injury.

RedVee

First Grade
Not an injury (just to his reputation?) but Benji is highly unlikely to be available.

roughyedspud

Coach
Marika Koroibete has a fractured cheekbone and is ruled out of the rest of wests season...but i don't see why he can't play for fiji in the world cup,it would be healed by then..its just a question of him keeping his fitness up..

Kane Evans. Hopefully will he be resting as he's not confident of playing again this season. Get him right for the important footy next year.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Lets weigh it up, shall we?
Playing the Penrith Panthers in front of 6000 at Penrith (woot woot!!!)
OR
Help the Fiji Bati make the Semi finals of the WC and play at WEMBLEY in front of 80k.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Tough decision there!!!

Sydney Roosters prop Kane Evans wants to represent the Vodafone Fiji Bati team at the Rugby League World Cup in the United Kingdom later this year.
Evans, who will be 21 years old on January 9, admitted that it won’t be an easy task to earn a spot against his fellow Fijians but he promised to give his best shot.
The former Fiji Bati Under-20 rep said it would be an honour if he made the cut.
“My dream is to play for Fiji and I will try all my best in the RLWC,” Evans said.
“I want to play for Fiji because I’m a proud Fijian so playing for Fiji should be an honour.” Kane’s mother is Fijian, his grandfather hails from Vanuabalavu, Lau and grandmother from Nabitu, Tokatoka, in Tailevu.
`“I am still a junior and we are allowed to go and play for our country of our choice because I am half Fijian and half Australian.
“It is true there is really big money if you play for the Kangaroos but to be honest about myself, it will be more fulfilling to play for Fiji.
“There are many good Fijians out there and I know there will definitely be big competition for me to make the team but I will do my homework.”
The Vodafone Fiji Bati is pooled alongside Australia, Ireland, England, in Group A for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup held in United Kingdom.
He played for the Roosters in the last two seasons in the Toyota Cup (Under 20’s) in the NRL.
During his final year, he captained the team, and he averaged 16.7 runs and 171 metres per game, the most of any Rooster forward position. It included 14 linebreaks and 29 offloads. Evans collected the club’s NYC Player of the Year award in 2011 and also named in the 2011 Toyota Cup Team of the Year.
The big ball-playing prop was a standout in the 2012 junior State of Origin match, for the NSW Baby Blues and scored a try in the 24th minute of the match. Standing at 6 feet 7 inches tall, he side-stepped his way through the Maroons defence before sprinting past fullback Lachlan Maranta for a 42m dash for the try line despite weighing 18 stones 4 lbs.
Evans idolizes former Kangaroos and Penrith prop Fiji born Petero Civoniceva, played junior club with Leichhardt Wanderers, played in representative teams, making the Under 20’s Fijian side and the Australian Fijian team.
Meanwhile, Kane is keeping his fingers cross and is expected to feature for the Sydney Roosters against South Sydney in the 2013 NRL Premiership Draw on March 7 at the Allianz Stadium.

RedVee

First Grade

I think that's a reprint of an older article. There have been others suggesting that Auckland (or his manager?) do not want him to risk injury by playing in the RLWC; also that he will need a rest and he extra time to prepare for clap n kick.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/marshall-completes-blues-switch-and-will-skip-league-world-cup-20130809-2rndd.html