What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Squads

Iamback

Coach
Your trippin balls mate. They're the cream of the crop.
They could field 2 backlines until you have any " pumpkins "!
Idiot.

Rapana or Dallin on the wing?
Kris with very few NRL games at centre?

Their middles are elite though and the power game their strength

Gobsmacked

Bench
Rapana or Dallin on the wing?
Kris with very few NRL games at centre?

Their middles are elite though and the power game their strength
Dallin is going great Ronaldo will be the the wing, both in great form
CNK and Peta Hiku are probably going to be the centres, Kris is a real talent though.
This would be my backline even though I know it won't be:
1. CNK
2. Mulitalo
3. Kris
4. Manu
5.Dallin
6.Brown
7. Hues
Leathal and strong defensively.
But they will likely go with a more conservative and reliable backline:
1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3.Hiku
4.CNK
5. Dallin
6. Brown
7. Hues

It's an embarrassment of riches imo.
Great balance of flair , power and experience.

Iamback

Coach
Dallin is going great Ronaldo will be the the wing, both in great form
CNK and Peta Hiku are probably going to be the centres, Kris is a real talent though.
This would be my backline even though I know it won't be:
1. CNK
2. Mulitalo
3. Kris
4. Manu
5.Dallin
6.Brown
7. Hues
Leathal and strong defensively.
But they will likely go with a more conservative and reliable backline:
1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3.Hiku
4.CNK
5. Dallin
6. Brown
7. Hues

It's an embarrassment of riches imo.
Great balance of flair , power and experience.

CNK has been in reserve all year

Australia runs out this in the semi v NZ

Tedesco
Tuilagi
Holmes
Latrell
Addo-Carr
Munster
Cleary

Best backline in the tournament

You can argue the kiwis have the better side but it is due to have the 2 best middles in the world and a whole beast pack.

The backline is where Australia has the edge

Gobsmacked

Bench
CNK has been in reserve all year

Australia runs out this in the semi v NZ

Tedesco
Tuilagi
Holmes
Latrell
Addo-Carr
Munster
Cleary

Best backline in the tournament

You can argue the kiwis have the better side but it is due to have the 2 best middles in the world and a whole beast pack.

The backline is where Australia has the edge
And they'll be ineffective if they're getting bashed in the middle.

Iamback

Coach

Which is where someone like Ben Hunt is a great selection. You have a hooker that can kick like that and keep turning the team around and they get tired and it limits the affects of those great middles

BadnMean

Juniors

I think they'll just cut teams up on the edges/off an early spread often enough that all the middle has to do is more or less absorb the opposition as much as they can. It's what guys like Martin, Carrigan & Jrbo are there for.

We'll get enough yards/breaks from those backs that our forwards will cope with a more high tempo game. Seems to be that Oz is banking on being mobile at the end of halves.

Iamback

Coach
I think they'll just cut teams up on the edges/off an early spread often enough that all the middle has to do is more or less absorb the opposition as much as they can. It's what guys like Martin, Carrigan & Jrbo are there for.

We'll get enough yards/breaks from those backs that our forwards will cope with a more high tempo game. Seems to be that Oz is banking on being mobile at the end of halves.

That is it. Got forwards that can ball play too, tactics will be limit the damage early and get you guys tired then take over

Gobsmacked

Bench

I think that could definitely be a strategy and it could work but 9 times out of 10 a side to side attack when there's nothing on is a death sentence. You risk drop ball, loss of momentum and then you're locked off by a sideline. Tedesco is the only guy really dangerous when there's nothing really on.