What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Squads

England87

Juniors
Crystal ball novelty prediction. Dwayne Johnson jumps on the Samoa bandwagon, flys in for the final and that profile boost alone gets the World Cup in the highlights package of ESPN, Barstool Sports take an interest, and in the Tik Tok age that we live in, for once the world will take notice for a quick minute. And in this Tik Tok age that we live in that is more than we can hope for.

And then boom...the NRL decides to cancel Kangaroo tours until 2035 and shrugs off any international commitments just to be on brand. And we're back to square one.

lolz

jim_57

Staff member
Fiji arrive on Fijian time. Quite a few players not there, a lot that finished their club seasons uninjured. Blake, Montoya, Milne, D Saifiti, J Saifiti, T Sims, K Sims, Lovodua, Evans etc.

Jowasa Drodrolagi, Tui Kamikamica, Vuate Karawalevu, Viliame Kikau, Apisai Koroisau, Isaac Lumelume, Pio Maisamoa Seci, Lamar Manuel-Liolevave, Netane Masima, Kaylen Miller, Sitiveni Moceidreke, Kevin Naiqama, Ben Nakubuwai, Henry Raiwalui, Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu, Mikaele Ravalawa, Taniela Sadrugu, Maika Sivo, Penioni Tagituimua, Sunia Turuva, Semi Valemei, King Vuniyayawa, Brandon Wakeham, Josh Wong

taste2taste

Juniors
Crystal ball novelty prediction. Dwayne Johnson jumps on the Samoa bandwagon, flys in for the final and that profile boost alone gets the World Cup in the highlights package of ESPN, Barstool Sports take an interest, and in the Tik Tok age that we live in, for once the world will take notice for a quick minute. And in this Tik Tok age that we live in that is more than we can hope for.

And then boom...the NRL decides to cancel Kangaroo tours until 2035 and shrugs off any international commitments just to be on brand. And we're back to square one.

lolz
I like where you're going..but let's imagine the momentum continues.

Capitalizing on the world cups success the NRL goes ahead with Round Zero. Some influential billionaires are wined and dined at the game and love the fast pace and physicality of league. They think it would be the perfect sport to be played in the NFL off-season and they chuck in a lazy billion each and become co-owners of of the newly formed USARL. The Comp has 12 teams with a salary cap of 20mil per team. Devoid of league players on the USA they poach the world's best union and league players. Now with all unions best players playing league the 2026 RLWC is a genuine flip of the coin who'll win. South Africa play England in the final with Owen Farrell winning the game with penalty kick ( some things never change :D )

But none of this happens without Samoa making the final. GOOOoooooo Samoa !!!

Matua

Bench
The Kiwis did very well in that much. But you've gotta give credit to the Kiwis spine for making it easy for the forward pack to dominate. The Tongan forwards had a few moments in the match but the spine did absolutely nothing to help the forwards. But having senior players like Hopoate and Lolohea will make a huge difference. I think the Kiwis has a chance but your ight kangaroos are always dangerous
As much as I'm a fan of Tui and his big ass the dude has never really kicked on as a playmaker and wouldn't even make the back ups to the Kiwis these days. I don't think he'll make much of a difference when the Kiwis shut down the Tongan pack again. Unlike the last match JT will need to make an impact before the 60th minute for Tonga to have a chance.

Crikey the Cooks have more than a decent side. If Johnno Ford can direct traffic they have more than enough firepower and genuine speed out wide.

Tetavano, Napa & Makatoa in the middle could lay the platform for most sides.
I guess the Cooks were waiting until today on the off chance they could have picked up CNK and Rapana which would have improved the firepower out wide.

Force

Juniors
How on earth Geoff Daniela got in is beyond me, he was terrible vs Samoa. A few guys missing in TC Robati, TJ Dargan and Xavier Willison. I dont think they will advance out of the pool stages, PNG and Tonga to go through. Ok team though.
Cook Islands

Tevin Arona (Auckland), Tinirau Arona (Wakefield Trinity), Geoffrey Daniela (St Marys Saints), Johnathon Ford (Featherstone Rovers), Anthony Gelling (Auckland), Kayal Iro (Cronulla Sharks), Makahesi Makatoa (Parramatta Eels), Steven Marsters (Thirroul Butchers), Esan Marsters-Siavale (Huddersfield Giants), Davvy Moale (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Tepai Moeroa (Melbourne Storm), Dylan Napa (Catalan Dragons), Ruatapu Ngatikaura (Wests Tigers), Moses Noovao-McGreal (Norths Devils), Pride Pettersen-Robati (NZ Warriors), Dominique Peyroux (Toulouse Olympique), Brendan Piakura (Brisbane Broncos), Reuben Porter (Tweed Heads Seagulls), Vincent Rennie (Newtown Jets), Reubenn Rennie (Newtown Jets), Brad Takairangi (Hull Kingston Rovers), Aaron Teroi (CQ Capras), Zane Tetevano (Leeds Rhinos), Paul Ulberg (London Broncos). Stand-by players are Adam Tangata (Halifax) and Malachi Morgan (Southport Tigers).

Clarkent

Juniors
As much as I'm a fan of Tui and his big ass the dude has never really kicked on as a playmaker and wouldn't even make the back ups to the Kiwis these days. I don't think he'll make much of a difference when the Kiwis shut down the Tongan pack again. Unlike the last match JT will need to make an impact before the 60th minute for Tonga to have a chance.
Lolohea was never a chance to make the Kiwis even in his prime but he still led the Tongan forward pack to beat the kangaroos and the Kiwis at the last world cup. He doesn't have to be amazing individually he just needs to help the forwards with his direction and kicking game.

Matua

Bench
Lolohea was never a chance to make the Kiwis even in his prime but he still led the Tongan forward pack to beat the kangaroos and the Kiwis at the last world cup. He doesn't have to be amazing individually he just needs to help the forwards with his direction and kicking game.
The last world cup doesn't matter. That Kiwis team wasn't a functioning team, the coach was out of his depth, their best player left on the eve of the cup due to the coach, they dropped their captain for possibly buying cocaine and replaced him with a domestic abuser lucky not to be in prison.

The Tongans can't win if their pack doesn't fire and the Kiwis can handle their pack.

I'm more worried about your lot TBH. Also, I think Tui did make the Kiwis before the dastardly Tongans poached him. 😉

Clarkent

Juniors
The last world cup doesn't matter. That Kiwis team wasn't a functioning team, the coach was out of his depth, their best player left on the eve of the cup due to the coach, they dropped their captain for possibly buying cocaine and replaced him with a domestic abuser lucky not to be in prison.

The Tongans can't win if their pack doesn't fire and the Kiwis can handle their pack.

I'm more worried about your lot TBH. Also, I think Tui did make the Kiwis before the dastardly Tongans poached him. 😉
If that's the case the tongan team you recently beat didn't have there coach and Bennett pulled out mid week due to sickness and the Tongan spine was in the UK 😉 in saying that I hope the Kiwis smash the kangaroos lol

Matua

Bench
If that's the case the tongan team you recently beat didn't have there coach and Bennett pulled out mid week due to sickness and the Tongan spine was in the UK 😉 in saying that I hope the Kiwis smash the kangaroos lol
Well that "reason" doesn't have me quaking in my boots.

I wonder how many times the Kiwis have to beat Tonga again before they start getting credit for it? 🤣

Clarkent

Juniors
Well that "reason" doesn't have me quaking in my boots.

I wonder how many times the Kiwis have to beat Tonga again before they start getting credit for it? 🤣
Hey I'm hoping tonga plays well until they run in to the samoan team 😂😂😂 Konrad hurrell and Ben Murdoch-Masila is a shocking selection for me 😂😂😂

Matua

Bench
Hey I'm hoping tonga plays well until they run in to the samoan team 😂😂😂 Konrad hurrell and Ben Murdoch-Masila is a shocking selection for me 😂😂😂
I don't watch the English game so not sure how Konrad's been going, and is BMM still with the Warriors - he barely made an impression this year.

ATOWN2

Juniors
Really surprised Taniela Paseka missed out. I thought he'd be a shoe in for a bench spot especially with Pangia Jnr pulling out.
Basically Tonga's version of Big Nelson.

Also ofahengaue should have been there, was the the bright spot in an otherwise horrible Tigers team
Yeah I'm surprised Ofahengaue didn't get selected, he's a very solid player!

Kontoni Staggs is also a huge loss for Tonga. Hopefully Daniel Tupou has had enough time for his groin to recover because he will be needed. I'm really interested to see Koula show his wheels and have a huge tournament. Wouldn't be surprised to see him breakout and be the leading try scorer.

Clarkent

Juniors
I don't watch the English game so not sure how Konrad's been going, and is BMM still with the Warriors - he barely made an impression this year.
I love Konrad Hurrell when he was with the warriors but I watched that SL final and he looked gasses the whole match

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Oh wow I didn’t even see that Jake f**king Trbojevic has also made the team ahead of Lane and Young. That’s even worse, because while I really dislike Martin, you can’t deny that he turned up when it mattered in the grand final. Went missing in Origin, but if we want players to be judged on recent form then that’s fair enough.

But f**king Jurbo? The slowest man in the world? The selectors are on crack.
He's a workhorse. Aus look a bit light up front in that dept.

David Wilson

Juniors
Very keen to see jason taumalolo backflip on his tongan side and join the Australian side as he wants to play origin next year for Melbourne

lockyno1

Post Whore
Some really awful selections - Martin and Trbojevic being two key ones.

I would like an explanation how Burton has earned his spot. He has been picked on a reputation of how he played at Penrith last season, because this season his form wasn't good enough. Of 5/8ths this season, the only stats he was near the top of was missed tackles and errors. He had the same amount of try assists as Brimson FFS.

Guess they are looking at someone to comer 5/8 and centre. For the record I agree with you but these bench players/squad players if you look at them are all multi position players. I'd personally have picked another prop though feel we are 1 short but the more I look at it, I get the decision to a degree.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I don't think they will go as good as people think, Some pumpkins in the backline will likely undo that amazing pack's work
Your trippin balls mate. They're the cream of the crop.
They could field 2 backlines until you have any " pumpkins "!
Idiot.