What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World XIII named

In-goal

Bench
I don't think the RSL should be writtern off as much as some on here do, for one the styles of play in the Super League and the NRL are totaly different. In the RSL there is much more open running rugby with spectacular ball movements and team work, were in the NRL the game is a bit more static very deffensive sides don't try there hand in case they make a mistake.

Now before someone jumps down my throat i do also love a deffensive stosch but i also like open running football, certain players will be dominate in one competition but not the other due to the different styles of play.

The impact of some of the very best Australian forwards to play in the SL over the last 5 years has been a bit hit and miss, some thrive in the different conditions but others strugle to make the transition from hitup and defensive utility to senior player with a wealth more responsibility.

nqboy

First Grade
A fair point to some degree but aussie sides prey on loose ball control and choke the life out of sides guilty of it.

Which "very best Australian forwards" are you thinking of?

Booyah

Bench
Pepper said:
Booyah said:
also love Kimmorley which explains his inclusion.

Really? I would have thought his fantastic form on tour would have seen him included, rather then journalistic bias.

I would have said it was just 'journalistic' bias now i say its a combination of both 'journalist' and your bias.

My Bias?

You did watch the Tri-nations didn't you? Please tell me which game Gower played well, because I can't recall a single one.
He did nothing.

In hindsight his injury was a blessing in disguise for Australia and I think ultimately saved him from the embarrassment of being dropped by Bennett.

Spinbad

Juniors
WORLD XIII: A Minichiello (Australia); B Slater (Australia), M Cooper (Australia), W Tonga (Australia), L Rooney (Australia); D Lockyer (Australia), B Kimmorley (Australia); S Webcke (Australia), C. Wing (Australia), A Morley (Britain), W Mason (Australia), N Hindmarsh (Australia), S B Williams (New Zealand).

Latest posts