What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst buy of the year?

Paullyboy

Coach
Scott said:
Who did the Warriors buy Ropati off last year???

They didnt. Kiwi's struggle to understand a lot of things so just be patient with them.

I really find it hard to believe Mapp is on that money, that had to have been made up, surely someone has gotten something wrong somewhere down the line?

yobbo84

Coach
Danish said:
I'm going to go with Ash Harrison.

Mind you he hasn't cost us any games or anything like that, he is just non-existent onthe field. Same results would have been acheived by signing Ricko for another year.

Everyone thought he was great. Turns out he's just great for a Souths player. Same thing has been found out about Sutton this year too.

Disagree about both players. Harrison is good when he plays as a lock, and doesn't get involved as a ball player. He is a very good hole runner, has a nice offload, and great defender. When his halves are crap he tries to get involved and ends up just getting in the way.

In regards to Sutton, I think he's the victim of playing behind the worse front row ever to grace the South Sydney jersey. I mean seriously - Cusack and Lowe? They are rubbish.

If Sutton was anywhere else he'd be a superstar by now.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders Plight said:
lolesi was the epitome of a solid reliable winger, why did he get moved to lock?

We have better wingers at the club. Most namely Crockett, Tuiaki and Elford.

Lolesi won't be moving back to the wing any time soon. He is too slow and isn't good enough in defence out wide.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Michael Crocker got suspended for 9 weeks or so, at least the other blokes are allowed to play

with points loading Crocker will be sidelined for lengthy periods for even minor offences

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Scott said:
Who did the Warriors buy Ropati off last year???

I just felt like adding Ropati in this category. And I'm the President of the Jerome Ropati Haters' Society, I can do what I want, when I want, how I want!!!:crazy:

Paullyboy said:
They didnt. Kiwi's struggle to understand a lot of things so just be patient with them.

I really find it hard to believe Mapp is on that money, that had to have been made up, surely someone has gotten something wrong somewhere down the line?
and if you read his signature you would know why hes a bit slow.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
And if you read ole Doug's sig, you'll understand why he is about to get a sh*t load of junk mail coming his way :)

Eddie.

Bench
domdom said:
harris - has that bloke even played a first grade game this season? he'd have to win this one.

I beleive he played in the Tigers 24-18 win over Manly. Had a hand in the Collis try.

Besides that he has been a dissapointment.

On another not I believe it is a little unfair putting Lolesi in there. He has probably been better then O'Hara and Galloway in that he has played every game and been fairly consistent in defence and effort throughout the season. I think he is slowly warming to lock.

Iafeta

Referee
domdom said:
harris - has that bloke even played a first grade game this season? he'd have to win this one.

latu would be a good vote, but he never really came into the season with any big raps and alot of expectation. no one really knew about him until he made his petrol station king hit.

harris' move to the tigs was supposed to show the world he wasnt a useless tit. obviously it hasnt worked out as intended

He'd already played test football for New Zealand against Australia FFS.

Daza_06

Juniors
the sharks made 2 of the best buys and also two of the worst
- Lance Thompson
- Brett Kearney (only cause he was a bargin), and Ben Ross

then
- Darren Mapp
- Tevita Latu:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
OVP said:
:lol: You're just jealous Shifty has got no direction without him. Hey Braith hasnt set the world on fire just yet, but the comp is but young and the signs are VERY promising. Cant say the same for Shifty and Holdsworth.

um, go check the leader board :lol:

Latest posts