What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst decision in the world

Das Hassler

Bench
The knees incident...if it happened in the ingoal it would definitely have been an 8 point try...right? ...then why no penalty?

blacklock

Juniors
The knees incident...if it happened in the ingoal it would definitely have been an 8 point try...right? ...then why no penalty?

Because.... if you are defending the line and someone dives to put the ball down, generally speaking you havent got defenders placed 3-4 metres behind the goal line. So there is little excuse for the knees to come into play hence the penalty. For someone to cop a knee during a try they usually come either blatantly or recklessly with the knees knowing the attacker MUST be falling in order to put down the ball.

There was no such indication for jeremy to predict that he would fall as he did. There was no goal line behind him. it was just a piece of field. Hence there is no malice and no penalty. :)

cussy

Juniors
Piss off Rosco about the Drags fans carrying on- I didn't see one Drag fans giving it to a tiger fan which is a big contrast from 05-we were abused like you wouldn't believe during and after the game. Drags fans showed class in winning and ejoyed the moment like any other fan base would. Pull your head in your goose.

The Rosco

Bench
Piss off Rosco about the Drags fans carrying on- I didn't see one Drag fans giving it to a tiger fan which is a big contrast from 05-we were abused like you wouldn't believe during and after the game. Drags fans showed class in winning and ejoyed the moment like any other fan base would. Pull your head in your goose.

Your a tool, cussy. How the Fxxx would you have a clue about what I did or didn't see after the game ?
What a clueless A-grade nob you must be to lead out with those words.
I shudder to think what your idea of "class" would be.
There are some dragons fans that are reasonable people, but you ain't one of them.
You bucket-mouthed smart arse.
It's supporters like you that makes the rest of us enjoy your 25 years of misery. And to the fans like you, I hope your team chokes again. Now that you would be so full of excitement, it will burn you even more .
May all smart arse fans like you have to re-live the pain of all those years past.
And if somehow the dragons don't choke . . . then all you've done is win grand final.
Been there, done that. History won't really remember the second merged team to accomplish that.
You want me to pull my head in . . . but you need to pull yours out. Coz it's so far up your arse that all you see is tonsils.

Oh, and by the way Blacklock, et al . . . the no knees incident got cited as a grade 1 .
And there is a great still shot of it in todays Tele that shows exactly how accidental it was. Lote is falling, but that dog is stretching a metre and a half to make sure he hit him with his knee.
When you look at that pic, it's hard to call it an accident.

You won by a point and good luck to you.
After all these years of pointless and wasted expectation, I hope you guys don't count your chickens too soon. Chickens . . . ironic.

macnaz

Staff member
WOW ! What an awesome reply Roscoe lol Why dont you post here more , love to read more if its up to that standard : )

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Disgraceful decisions alright. Dragons had 14 men on the field for sure.

How was Jeremy Smith not held up for his "try". The guy took a week to put that ball down.

If I were a George supporter I'd be grateful for getting handed the GF on a silver plate. It's a f**king conspiracy. One team was allowed to play that night. f**k Hayne/cummings. I hope I bump into those prrrks one day.

N.C.

Juniors
Yeah Reek I agree. That was the one decision I was filthy about... How you can argue he still had momentum when he's on his back with his hands and legs in the air I will never know. Ref's just wanted to give them something for their four or five sets on our line, I guess.

Wasn't Beau's faux pas on the 5th tackle? He definitely should have passed it.

Aside from that, I thought Lui had a great 1st half and a pretty ordinary 2nd. Ball distribution to the outside backs was a little ordinary towards the end of the game. We really missed Payten.

Nevan_

First Grade
Bad decisions went both ways. Morris being penalised when diving on the ball and Boyd's pass that was called forward both come to mind. But, thankfully, the match wasn't decided by a bad call.

A conspiracy? :lol:

N.C.

Juniors
Congratulations on the win, Nevan. Enjoy this feeling while it lasts... Before you know it, it will be someone else's time.

Direct

Juniors
Bad decisions went both ways. Morris being penalised when diving on the ball and Boyd's pass that was called forward both come to mind. But, thankfully, the match wasn't decided by a bad call.

I'd say that not penalised Smith for leading with the knees was a bad call and arguably decided the match.

AJ_82

Juniors
If we want to be pedantic:

First Tigers try was alike to many this year denied for obstruction

Morris dive on the ball was called because the refs didnt think he could get there that fast, watch the replay and you will see he was onside.

The forward pass from Boyd which would have led to a try for Saints.

From that, I can pick out at least 10 points difference to Saints had the decisions gone the other way, and possibly up to 18.

For the record, Saints only got one more penalty than the Tigers too so on that basis, if you want all the dodgy decisions reversed I will happily take the win at 23-6 just on a conservative basis.

In any case, the result is done and the Tigpies did well to push us all the way - they just ran out of steam and well, I hate to say it but Benji did a massive choke kicking the ball out on the full with no pressure on him! :crazy:

P.S. I will even give you 23-8 if Benji kicks the goal!

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Dragons got the main penalties and decisions. We got the pissy little penalties that weren't advatagous to us.

1. Jeremy Smith try. Held up for ages.
2. Boyd non play the ball.
3. Knee to the back of Lortay.
4. KG penalised for incorrect play the ball. Marker was all over the play the ball.

Our first try was fair. Soward did a bad read, went in for the decoy runner. The only bad call for George was that "forward" pass which wasnt ..that's all.

I can cop a loss fair and square. But that was f**king bullsheet.

N.C.

Juniors
Forward pass from Boyd that would have lead to a try for Saints? That's the biggest call I've seen so far in this thread... Mate, if you're gonna come in here and talk the conjecture talk, try to have a little self respect while you're at it.

Das Hassler

Bench
"In any case, the result is done and the Tigpies did well to push us all the way - they just ran out of steam"

that's condescending bullsh*t...you never took the lead untill 5 minutes to go and if our winger passed instead of kicked in the last 40 seconds we'd all be talking about why the dragons choked again (as untrue as that would be)...funny how a field goal win has the commentators looking at the one point winner "glass half full" and the side that didn't pot one through the sticks "glass half empty"...what a shift in perception for the sake of a dropkick..you guys were held up a few times (credit where it's due for sure) but you also neeearly lost it ..the loss of Payten was possibly a 12 point turnaround..IM(very biased)HO

blacklock

Juniors
Forward pass from Boyd that would have lead to a try for Saints? That's the biggest call I've seen so far in this thread... Mate, if you're gonna come in here and talk the conjecture talk, try to have a little self respect while you're at it.
we are forgetting something important...or better yet taking a factor for granted.

would benji have kicked the penalty under all that pressure?

Canberra missed under pressure.
Parramatta missed under pressure.
Benji kicked a ball out on the full with no pressure.

Taking all that into account, who is to say he would have kicked the penalty?

aussie7798

First Grade
Dragons got the main penalties and decisions. We got the pissy little penalties that weren't advatagous to us.

1. Jeremy Smith try. Held up for ages.
2. Boyd non play the ball.
3. Knee to the back of Lortay.
4. KG penalised for incorrect play the ball. Marker was all over the play the ball.

Our first try was fair. Soward did a bad read, went in for the decoy runner. The only bad call for George was that "forward" pass which wasnt ..that's all.

I can cop a loss fair and square. But that was f**king bullsheet.

1 Dont be stupid no way was that held up

2 was a a particularly poor play the ball but there are dozens of play the balls every game where the foot does not touch the ball

3 was a accident and would have been at the limit of marshalls kicking range (35-40m away and 10m from the sideline)

4 KG 50/50 if he had not walked forward it would not have been a issue have seen calls go both ways all the way through the year.

The only problem i had with your first try was not the interference on soward who chose to come in but the fact the player inside him was also taken out by the decoy but probably BOD at worst.

Other bad calls where the Morris penalty and the penalty for the taking out of Lui ( if you think that is fair dragons should have had one for the taking out of fien) which led directly to your second try. And lets not forget that the dragons did not get a penalty after the first 20minutes.

Dave Q

Coach
Tigers were jipped. The worser team won.

Whole season wrecked.

How do they expect us to follow the game with that ref's inept display?

A joke.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
There were plenty of mistakes made in that game by players & officials, just like every league game. BTW I'm a Tigers supporter & I reckon the final pass for Lote's try was a bit forward. Haven't heard anyone else mention it though which surprises me. Anyway the main question is - did any of the refs decisions have a direct impact on having a team win the game when they should have lost it. My opinion is that they didn't. I'd say the Dragons were just slightly better than the Tigers on the night & the one point final difference is pretty much the measure of that. They put in that brutal defence when the Tigers were trying to get off their try line late in the second half. Also some crucial blunders from various Tigers in attack. Overall I think the Tigers were tired from their intense efforts against the Rossters & Canberra. So I'm not going to bother analysing every referee mistake because in the final result I don't think they were significant.

Nevan_

First Grade

Didn't Morris get into the open? I can't really remember. Copious amounts of Beer will do that.

LOL at Dave Q.

Latest posts