What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst decision in the world

Anon

Bench
You guys realise that for at least the last three years the referees have been told to only penalise the attacking team at the play the ball if there is "NO" attempt to get a foot on the ball? I saw Boyd make at least two attempts.

Dave Q

Coach
It was un-Australian.

The whole season slides into the abyss because 4 or 5 officials miss what hundreds of thousands saw on TV, what 70,000 saw at the game... as plain as day.

I usually back the refs but this was outrageous.

I dont even want to watch the GF because its likely to be decided by more ref errors.

This is park officialdom.

Spineless wonders, they should be banned from reffing any match again.

The worser team on the day won.

That, well.... it just sucks.

N.C.

Juniors
Didn't Morris get into the open? I can't really remember. Copious amounts of Beer will do that.
Yes, but it was pretty clear that he was going to trip over on the 20 metre line, spill the ball cold, break his ankle and spend the rest of his career in hock. As I see it, the touchie did you guys a huge favour.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
ITS a tough one. Had that penalty been given, the Tigers win, so I guess theres a right to be a bit upset. However, I really wouldnt wanna see a teams season decided by somthing as minor as a incorrect play the ball, and being penalised with possession. He did make an effort to play it.

The Tuquiri knees were a penalty. Not a suspension but a penalty. In that situation there is a duty of care i think and Smith showed none. All be it running across to
make the tackle he lead with his knees and didnt withdraw at all.

On the decisions earlier, the penalty against Morris 1m out from the tigers line and touch and on the first tackle had no impact, the Tigers gain a whole 3m . On the forward pass, well Saints got a square up a minute later so they were both void.

I think saints probably got the rub of the green looking at that but I think theres been signifcantly worse throughout the year, or should i say, it wasnt horrendous refereeing put it that way.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see one of the Refs got punished by becoming a ref in the NRL Grand Final.

Good to see the NRL is harsh on it's poor performing refs.

That'll teach them to be inept.

blacklock

Juniors
I see one of the Refs got punished by becoming a ref in the NRL Grand Final.

Good to see the NRL is harsh on it's poor performing refs.

That'll teach them to be inept.

If you cant beat them, join them. Become a referee and try to make a decision that 70 000 people (all with different opinions) agree with you.

Damned if they do damned if they dont. If it was a dragons player falling into the knees of a tiger and jamie soward was setting up for 2 points with a min to go.... i wonder what a tigers supporter would be saying right now. Would you be ok with that?

I want a game decided by the players. Lote went down but you guys STILL had the ball. The ref didnt take it away from you. They didnt work it for a field goal. They instead booted it over the side line.

Its easier to be angry in order to deal with dissappointment. Its better than recognising that the players had it within their grasp to win of their own accord and didnt take their chances.

gronkathon

First Grade
If the correct decision had been made in 2004 and that worthless sh*t stain fake tan wanker had been fired permanatly for the worst performance by a reff in the history of the NRL it would never have been a problem

pirie

Juniors
i lived with the decision until the match review commiity charged smith. Meaning that it should have been a penalty if they charged him

Juniors
The first and foremost rule in boxing is to take it out if the judges hands, make your own fate. Unfortunately in this senario the judges take away your ability to throw a punch.

blacklock

Juniors
The first and foremost rule in boxing is to take it out if the judges hands, make your own fate. Unfortunately in this senario the judges take away your ability to throw a punch.
how does that analogy hold up considering the tigers still had possession after the hit?

simmo1

First Grade
Last tackle. Not worth responding. Meh.

Was it? I was at the game, and I seem to remember it being 3rd or 4th, but I may be wrong as it was a big moment and may have lost count.

(Assuming your talking about the last play of the game here)

Juniors
Was it? I was at the game, and I seem to remember it being 3rd or 4th, but I may be wrong as it was a big moment and may have lost count.

(Assuming your talking about the last play of the game here)

Your right, the last play of the game was early in the count, possibly even the second??

We were referring to the Knees in side of torso = broken rib = no penalty incident, Benji went on to kick it out on the fool from the next (last) play.

N.C.

Juniors
No I was talking about the last play of the game.

My recollection (haven't watched a replay): Benji ran it to the left on the last, as he'd been doing all night, got caught short, threw a long loping ball back to the middle, it's picked up by Galloway - oh f**k we're screwed - but he's busted the line - but we're still screwed because he wont go all the way - but he's got an offload to a.. a... - oh no, it's f**king Beau - and he's kicked the f**king thing and it's been pushed dead by Boyd - but back on inside Beau had support (was it Benji?) - but he was covered by at least three scrambling Dragons anyway... Ah well, f**k it, might as well go to bed. Here comes the off season.

Of course I could be mistaken. If not, then now I am really pissed off.

Perth Tiger

Bench
No I was talking about the last play of the game.

My recollection (haven't watched a replay): Benji ran it to the left on the last, as he'd been doing all night, got caught short, threw a long loping ball back to the middle, it's picked up by Galloway - oh f**k we're screwed - but he's busted the line - but we're still screwed because he wont go all the way - but he's got an offload to a.. a... - oh no, it's f**king Beau - and he's kicked the f**king thing and it's been pushed dead by Boyd - but back on inside Beau had support (was it Benji?) - but he was covered by at least three scrambling Dragons anyway... Ah well, f**k it, might as well go to bed. Here comes the off season.

Of course I could be mistaken. If not, then now I am really pissed off.

That play was definately NOT the last tackle. As the others have mentioned it has about the 2nd or 3rd tackle

N.C.

Juniors
OK. Just watched the replay. It was the second...f**king...tackle...

My Beau-hate reading has just gone through the roof. BRING BACK FITZHENRY!!!

simmo1

First Grade
OK. Just watched the replay. It was the second...f**king...tackle...

My Beau-hate reading has just gone through the roof. BRING BACK FITZHENRY!!!

lol, I was reeeeeally hoping it was you that was right, and I was wrong.

Latest posts