What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Halfback?

Alex28

Coach
to be fair to Finchy - it really depends on which Brett Kimmorley is playing at the time - the "life is so unfair" Brett Kimmorley is WOEFUL.

fridge said:
agree with ya o'meley

just wondering why he nearly won the dally M award last year. are the idiot judges seeing something we can't see.

Well, I realise it's pointless to cast pearls before swine, but last year Finch comfortably lead the NRL in both line break assists and try assists.

Perhaps this had something to do with it?

But hey, he's apparently got big teeth (although I've looked and I can't say I've noticed), so let's hate him, right?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Last year Finch also had Fittler taking the pressure off him
ala with Daley when he played well at canberra, once daley Finch was rubbish and it appears to be the same without Fittler

Let me be the first raider to say it
WE TOLD YOU SO!

Jae

Juniors
Wtf was Kimmorley trying to do to him? I thought Mander's "Go and take your medicine" line was good.. anyways, Finch was awful but the rest of the team didn't really stand up either. Even Tupou was relatively quiet by his standards. Which leads me onto another point, when you're 10-15 metres out from the opposing teams try line... why the f**k don't they let Tupou charge onto the ball? He'd make more clean line breaks through the middle then anyone else if they gave him the chance, and I don't mean from a Finch inside hospital ball.

Raider_69 said:
Last year Finch also had Fittler taking the pressure off him
ala with Daley when he played well at canberra, once daley Finch was rubbish and it appears to be the same without Fittler

Let me be the first raider to say it
WE TOLD YOU SO!

That argument doesn't hold up, because in the games last year in which Fittler was out injured, Finch played starring roles -- including two man of the match efforts.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Renowned League Expert said:
That argument doesn't hold up, because in the games last year in which Fittler was out injured, Finch played starring roles -- including two man of the match efforts.

the arguement does still hold up, 2 games is nothing on the 30 odd that he has played junk in without a Fittler or Daley... besides even when fittler was out there was no pressure, they wernt expected to win without him so he was able to play his natural game, now Freddy is gone for good the focus is on him, he has no choice he now MUST play a starring role. IMO this is a pressure that will not ever sit well with him, and as you've seen this year, he cracks under it...

albi

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
What is he contemptuous of?

Everything. His constant tantums, loud mouth, and abuse of other teams following a Roosters try, all reek of contempt. He's a bad sport too.

He really is a nervous little twit. Makes Simon Woolford look relaxed.

Jae

Juniors
Everything. His constant tantums, loud mouth, and abuse of other teams following a Roosters try, all reek of contempt. He's a bad sport too.

That describes roughly 80% of halfbacks in the NRL, what's your point?

Fibroman

First Grade
Not only is he the worst in the comp, but also the ugliest. Not much going for him at all really.

Nugby

Juniors
I'd comment OVP, but you'll only chance the thread title to "Brett Finch: Our lord and saviour" like you did with writing off the Roosters

Latest posts