What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst players to play Origin

agree but he played 2nd row then. point still stands

Tough judge. I go back to my original post here (#24) - there are the worst players and the worst performances - two separate things.

I couldn't remotely consider Beau Scott as one of the worst players to play origin, be it worst player or worst performing. I can't recall him ever letting NSW down in or out of position.

But opinions are like bums eh.

King hit

Coach
Idris went alright in that one game he played off the pine.

Put beau scott in there. He was terrible at centre.

He did have a couple of decent touches and got a try when the game was over but the Maroons just picked him to pieces in defence and caught him out that entire second half. When I watched him post 2011 I was just shocked that he even played for the Blues or Australia for that matter.

Reflector

Juniors
Just had a crack at the worst blues team from the 8 straight

1: Kurt Gidley
2: Steve Turner
3: Joel Monaghan
4: Jamal Idris
5: Nathan Merritt
6: Terry Campese
7: Mitchell Pearce
8: Jason King
9: Dean Young
10: Tim Mannah
11: Ben Creagh
12: Kade Snowden
13: Justin Poore

Otherwise known as the Maroons B Squad.

Wizardman

First Grade
Nathan Merritt had an exceptional first grade career. Unfortunately for him, his career pretty much started to fail from the time he got selected for NSW. I'd say his performance ranks as the worst I've seen in Origin.

As for players, Dane Nielson is one that has my head scratching. There are some significantly better NRL players than him that have never played Origin. He is blessed to have the jerseys he has.

Chin Music

Juniors
James McManus
Mitchell Pearce
Brett Finch
Tim Mannah
Any Parramatta player to pull a Blues jersey on.

For consistently picked players, Mitchell Pearce & Kurt Gidley must surely be the joint breakaway leaders of the pack.

That they were both NSWmen & often played together just so happens to coincide with NSW’s darkest period in Origin history.

Funny, that.

How I do with every Australian captain - not caring cause I'm a kiwi. Also he doesn't have a long career left by the looks of it.

Imagine if he retired tomorrow - all he’d have to his name was a pair of Premierships, four JJ Giltinan Shields, a World Cup victory, a World Club Challenge victory (there’ll be another in just a few weeks), the captaincy of a series-winning Origin side, & the current Australian captaincy.

Poor bugger.

Imagine if he retired tomorrow - all he’d have to his name was a pair of Premierships, four JJ Giltinan Shields, a World Cup victory, a World Club Challenge victory (there’ll be another in just a few weeks), the captaincy of a series-winning Origin side, & the current Australian captaincy.

Poor bugger.
The things you can accomplish in a TEAM SPORT right?