What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst staduim/field?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Was bored and thought..what the hell..

What field/staduim do you think is the worst?

Personally i think campbelltown...it looks like a upgraded harliequins ground (local union team field)..

Not dissing any tigers fans...heck i live in campbelltown and played a grand final there.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
The field at Campbelltown is actually extremely good, but the dressing sheds and stands aren't up to scratch, even Wests Tigers aren't using the dressing sheds, they have got themselves the media room.

aids

Bench
opylic park down in melbourne isn't too pleasent during the night.
but the people are nice.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Of the grounds I've been to I thought the showgrounds was pretty crap, the hill is about a whole paddock width away from the action. Its painfully obvious that it's a baseball field, not a footy ground.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the show ground is a dreadful place to watch rugby league, especially when your on the far side ground.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Glad no one has taken offence :p

i played in 2000 at the campbelltown ground..back then it was like playing on rocks and bricks..glad to hear its improved.

Ive never been to Oki...so i wont coment on that.

westie

Bench
Campbelltown has one of the best turfs in the comp now. I also hear they've upgraded facilities such as change rooms and the commentators boxes.

Surfer Joe

Juniors
No contest...North Sydney Oval by miles.No parking,no beer on the hill,food and drink outlets are hopeless.It's way too old for footy.It can't cope with a crowd of more than 5,000. And I didn't even mention the field! Phew,I feel better now! ;-)

Matt M

Juniors
The Showground is the worst ground I've ever been too. You can't see the field because its too far away, the food is terrible (and terribly expensive), the whole ground feels really cheap and dirty, and just about everything else that could be bad is bad. I feel really sorry for Bulldogs fans for having to play there.

Booyah

Bench
I hate watching the footy at Homebush. That includes Telstra. They're both terrible. Of the two, the Showground takes the gong for being the worst though.

Redfern Oval is a shocker too. I've played there quite a few times and after awhile it becomes almost a game trying to avoid landing in dog shit when you're being tackled.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Before the upgrade Marathon, the entire stadium from feild to dressing rooms was disgraceful, saved only by the atmosphere it can generate

Matt M

Juniors
I love Telstra Stadium, however unlike other stadiums (SFS for example) there are quite a few areas where seats are really poor, whereas with the others there are almost no bad seats.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sydney Showground pure and simple. Too far away and was never designed for RL. Bulldogs MUST ditch it, if not this year, then at it's conclusion.

Latest posts