What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst staduim/field?

Bib

Juniors
I have to say aussie stadium. The design may look good, but if it rains, prepare to get wet!

Best ground by a country mile would be Parramatta stadium, its made for league

Grantwhy

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
Canberra stadium is the coldest place to watch league, i think thats a given.

Hmmm ..... :-k

Up here in NQ, come the middle of winter, some of the Cowboys Saturday night games kick off in temperatures below 18 degrees :shock: making me very glad I have my Cowboys beanie and scarf.

Surely Canberra can't be colder than that?

8)

skeepe

Immortal
Off topic I know, but Grantwhy you've just reminded me of one time I was up at the Gold Coast in the middle of winter. There were huge lines at the shops and EVERYONE was buying electric blankets, doonas, jumpers, heaters and so on.

We were curious and asked why everyone was stocking up on these things and they said,

"Mate, didn't you hear the weather forecast? It's going to get down to SEVEN degrees tonight! This is going to be the coldest night ever!"

Being from Canberra, it was hard to restrain my laughter at the thought that a 7 degree night in the middle of winter would make so many people panic.

choisir

Juniors
Newcastle's ground was the worst but Im looking forward to see what its like once the up grades are complete .

SFS is the best ive been to as far as facilities and atmosphere,although I would really like to see more games played at the SCG.When I was a kid it was reguarded as a "sacred site" .

brook

First Grade
belindarae said:
I think I win in the "coldest game ever" stakes. I was at the Raiders v Tigers the day it snowed in May 2000!!!

The worst ground has gotta be Shark Park. I tried sitting on the hills, could not see a thing. Worst seat in the NRL though is the front row at Aussie Stadium, with the angle of the field you cannot see the half of the field closest to you.

nope you lose :D

I was at that game and it was still nowhere near as cold as leichhardt in 99

I guess you can rug yourself up against cold but when its raining so hard even those in the stands are getting wet and the rain is like ice with a strong wind blowing off the water.....theres no escaping that

Surfer Joe

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
North Sydney Oval is brilliant.
Win stadium is great unless there is that wind, if there is the hill is absolutely freezing.
Oki look slightly average, Shark Park was orright nothing special.
North Sydney is brilliant if you are watching cricket with a crowd of 5,000. Otherwise it is mouldy old joint run by wowsers on the local council. Souths have rocks in their head if they are thinking about moving there.

belindarae

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
Raiders Plight said:
Canberra stadium is the coldest place to watch league, i think thats a given.

Hmmm ..... :-k

Up here in NQ, come the middle of winter, some of the Cowboys Saturday night games kick off in temperatures below 18 degrees :shock: making me very glad I have my Cowboys beanie and scarf.

Surely Canberra can't be colder than that?

8)

I used to be a Cowboys season ticket holder and I'd take a July night on the hill at Dairy Farmers over a game at Canberra stadium any day. They show the wind chill on the big screen at Raiders and Brumbies games. Worst I ever saw was a night game where it was a wind chill of -14c. You need the scarf, the gloves, the beanie, three jumpers, the blankie and the hot chocolate (and a hot shower as soon as you get home to defrost)!!