What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst team of the last 5 years

NAS

Juniors
On heels of Canberra's "marquee" signing of the great Michael Bani, I got to thinking. There have been so many "best of" teams, but few teams reserved for those players who somehow forged a career in the NRL despite being less than first grade standard.

With that in mind, I thought it'd be funny to put together a side of the last 5 years, with players who fit the above description.

The rules are,

1) They have to have played since 2007.
2) They have to have played in games over more than 1 season.
3) They have to have played in the position that you're picking them in for more than 5 games.
4) They have to have played more than 20 NRL games.
5) Considerations need to be over their entire career (to date), as such, Mat Orford at Canberra doesn't count because over his entire career, he would be considered a good player.

Starting off.

1) David Simmonds
2) Michael Bani
3) Shannon Hegarty
4) Adrian Purtell
5)
6) Jeremy Smith
7) Scott Dureau/ Joe Williams (I can't separate these two collosuses)
8) Jaiman Lowe
9) Stuart Flanagan
10) Dan Tolar
11) Brad Morrin
12)
13) Ben Rogers

mxlegend99

Referee
On heels of Canberra's "marquee" signing of the great Michael Bani, I got to thinking. There have been so many "best of" teams, but few teams reserved for those players who somehow forged a career in the NRL despite being less than first grade standard.

With that in mind, I thought it'd be funny to put together a side of the last 5 years, with players who fit the above description.

The rules are,

1) They have to have played since 2007.
2) They have to have played in games over more than 1 season.
3) They have to have played in the position that you're picking them in for more than 5 games.
4) They have to have played more than 20 NRL games.
5) Considerations need to be over their entire career (to date), as such, Mat Orford at Canberra doesn't count because over his entire career, he would be considered a good player.

Starting off.

1) David Simmonds
2) Michael Bani
3) Shannon Hegarty
4) Adrian Purtell
5) Mark O'Halloran
6) Jeremy Smith
7) Scott Dureau/ Joe Williams (I can't separate these two collosuses)
8) Jaiman Lowe
9) Stuart Flanagan
10) Dan Tolar
11) Brad Morrin
12)
13) Ben Rogers

14) Brendan Worth

A couple of former Panthers who are more than deserving of spots in this team. I double checked to make sure both had played more then 20 games and in more then one season of first grade... as there really shouldn't be anyway they had more then a few games.