What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst team of the last 5 years

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I do remember watching a few qld cup games on abc and watching Rovelli still be rubbish. Surely playing regular first grade whilst beign rubbish at qld cup level is an automatic pick?

Leon Bott?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't analyse Cowbiy games too much; was Michael Bani really that bad. We talking Talenoa or Carige or something like that?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Bani, John Williams and Gash Graham in the same backline is enough to drive you infront of a moving train.

Although Gash and Wolfbrother did turn it around and improved immensly last season although i still wouldn't pick either

NAS

Juniors
OK thanks for all of the inspired suggestions to make up the steam of the century (or the last 5 years anyway). Following some considerable thought, here's the team I've chosen.

1) Shannon McDonnell- nepotism at its greatest. but when dad could no longer keep him at the tigpies, Newcastle signed him.....WTF??

2) Michael Bani (c)- Anyone who hasn't seen this bloke play, doesn't know rubbish!

3) Steve Michaels- yes your Josh Morris's and your Beau Champions have trouble reading defences....this bloke has made it an art form.

4) George Carmont- Played in a team with the immortal Andrew Johns feeding you the ball, and still looked bad!!

5) Nick Youngquest- Was it the lady factor that this guy kept getting signed???

6) Brett Firman- Coz the boy likes a bun.....imagine if he worked as hard on his footy as he did on other teammates' missuses.....

7) Scott Dureau- awful awful awful

8) Justin Tsoulos- looked like frankenstein, played like Jane.

9) Ian Lacey- Always wondered if he qualified as a midget...

10) Garrett Crossman- Penrith, Melbourne and souths- hang your heads in shame!!

11) Jack Afamasanga- What exactly did this bloke do again?

12) Brendan Worth- The Bani of the forward pack. a true example of mediocrity.

13) Ben Rogers- This bloke will feature prominently in my next team as well, the "I'd have been the greatest player if I only applied myself" team. As it stood, he'll be remembered as a mentally frail player who deserves his spot in this team.

14) Jarrad Hickey- Yeah this bloke sucked.

15) Dan Tolar- Statue.

16) Ben Czislowski- Couldn't believe this bloke qualified, but there you have it......

17) Tim Smith- see comments under "Ben rogers".

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
You have Smith and Williams there in the halves ? last time we made the finals they were our halves ? they cant be that bad ?

6. Richie Williams
7. Robert Lui