What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Try In The History Of Origin

gUt

Coach
I am sure the QLD fans wouldn't be saying it was a try if NSW scored it like that........

I guess it's easy to say this seeing we got the call but if it had been ruled knock on I would have been totally fine with it. Seriously dudes this was a 50/50 call and Harrigan is now saying it was the correct one. If NSW get one like it in the next game, no Qld supporter worth a damn will complain.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-...lis-try-the-green-light/4031438?section=sport

docbrown

Coach
Upon further reflection I don't think anybody has any idea of what the rule truly is.

Is Farah allowed to lead in with his boot to prevent a try?

And when the ball is dislodged from Farah's boot when is it considered live?

If nothing else, at least we'll get some clarity here.

For the time being we're just spinning our wheels. Can understand the frustration, it wasn't the best way to finish the game, so we'll just wait to see if that frustration was justified.

Harrigan press conference on FoxSports

He says it's a try.

Farah is allowed to dislodge with boot.

But GI was deemed not to be playing at the ball. The contact from his fore-arm was just considered a rebound.

Journos are trying their best to twist this.

OK so the rule is established that if a ball hits your arm at any time and you are not playing at it we go with play on?

It all comes down to this -

Lol this just keeps getting better.

Now you claim that Inglis had an intention of playing at the ball right up until he dropped it on Farah’s boot at which point his whole nervous system shut down and he was devoid of thought. After it hit his forearm his brain woke up and reapplied the intention to play at the ball.

You are an A grade moron.

It was the derpiest derp of a try ever derped.

But thanks to Karl for all the lols. If anybody has experience with their brain shutting down, it's Karl :lol:

Ladmate

Bench
I know it's not a fair try because if it was ruled no try, no QLD supporter will be whining about a bullshit call.

AceAv

Juniors
Hey NSW Guess What?
BILL HARRIGAN: The guy who's dedicated his entire career to the rules of NRL says:Greg Ingis had possession of the ball and was trying to ground the ball. Robbie Farah, in desperation to prevent the try, changed his running gait and threw his leg out. In doing so, he dislodged the ball, so therefore it is deemed that he played at the ball. The ball is still live. But please, keep believing it was a bad call, write a letter to him, cry yourselves to sleep. But we're going to believe the best Referee in the history of NRL over you're shitty arguments now. QLD won NSW lost -Get used to it.​

Someone

Bench
Thanks for the clarification there AceAv.

Your a champ. your efforts of enlarging the size of your detailed and correct message wont go unrewarded.

HowHigh

Coach
Hey NSW Guess What?
BILL HARRIGAN: The guy who's dedicated his entire career to the rules of NRL says:Greg Ingis had possession of the ball and was trying to ground the ball. Robbie Farah, in desperation to prevent the try, changed his running gait and threw his leg out. In doing so, he dislodged the ball, so therefore it is deemed that he played at the ball. The ball is still live. But please, keep believing it was a bad call, write a letter to him, cry yourselves to sleep. But we're going to believe the best Referee in the history of NRL over you're shitty arguments now. QLD won NSW lost -Get used to it.​
That is rubbish
He even said the try shouldn't have been awarded

Dragon2010

First Grade
LOL! Your funny bro. You seem to be only the dimwited merkin still going on about it. Hey guess what? We know we lost and I couldn't f*cking care less now because at the end of the day it's only a game football and there's more important things in the world. Take your oversized text elsewhere.

Loudstrat

Coach
I laugh at this suggestion that Inglis wasnt playing at the ball. FFS he was desperately trying to score a try ffs - Harrigan is trying to tell us that Inglis - with a loose ball touching him IN GOAL, decided not to play at it? Point 1 of a second later he was claiming a try.

Not even Steven Hawking can change his mind and react so quick, let alone a renowned f*cking slugbrain like Inglis!

Mortar

Juniors
I laugh at this suggestion that Inglis wasnt playing at the ball. FFS he was desperately trying to score a try ffs - Harrigan is trying to tell us that Inglis - with a loose ball touching him IN GOAL, decided not to play at it? Point 1 of a second later he was claiming a try.

Not even Steven Hawking can change his mind and react so quick, let alone a renowned f*cking slugbrain like Inglis!

f**k you are a dumb, thick merkin.....:lol:

Latest posts