What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Try In The History Of Origin

Mortar

Juniors
Matty Johns (on NRL on Fox) just said that in his opinion it was a fair try
Of course it was a fair try, Harrigan explains it perfectly.....

"It's a try. I'll break it down. Greg Inglis had possession of the ball and was trying to score a try," said Harrigan at Rugby League Central.
"My thinking is (NSW hooker) Robbie Farah has decided `I need to do something to prevent the try' and he's changed his gait and dislodged the ball with his leg.
"When that ball was dislodged it comes off the forearm of Greg Inglis but that's a rebound not a knock-on because he didn't play at the ball.
"And the ball was laying on the ground and he puts his hands on the ball and that's why it's a try."
http://au.eurosport.com/rugby-league/harrigan-it-was-fair-try_sto3282920/story.shtml

docbrown

Coach
It's simple mathematics.

092223-inglis-knock-on.jpg

+

pcgaming.jpg

=
500;500;5d67abf06b1e02a37063e9bafaa7877c2573dfe0.jpg

Knightmare

Coach
Mind you, Harrigan also thought that NSW try, scored via a double knock-on, was fair in Game 1 of the 2000 series.

Guess we can't argue against Hollywood's opinion can we?

Knightmare

Coach
Is that the same as thinking that satanists are the same as athiests? :lol:

Not exactly the same, there are ideological differences, one being that group A believes in a devil of some sort and group B does not.

Quick now, go log back in as Mr Fourex...

Mortar

Juniors
....And yet still more coherent, imaginative and intelligent than you clearly are....
Funny that someone as deluded and dishonest as you would try to use imaginative in a sentence...do you even know the meaning of the word?

Big Pete

Referee
Mind you, Harrigan also thought that NSW try, scored via a double knock-on, was fair in Game 1 of the 2000 series.

Guess we can't argue against Hollywood's opinion can we?

He didn't have the time to analyse the play when he made the decision, unlike the GI try.

Ask him now what he thinks of the 2000 try, he'll tell you there were two knock ons.

Knightmare

Coach
I haven't heard of him saying as such, but either way he was dead stubborn about it for a long, long time.

Rod

Bench
"It's a try. I'll break it down. Greg Inglis had possession of the ball and was trying to score a try," said Harrigan at Rugby League Central.
"My thinking is (NSW hooker) Robbie Farah has decided `I need to do something to prevent the try' and he's changed his gait and dislodged the ball with his leg.
"When that ball was dislodged it comes off the forearm of Greg Inglis but that's a rebound not a knock-on because he didn't play at the ball.
"And the ball was laying on the ground and he puts his hands on the ball and that's why it's a try."

:lol:

Wow. Just wow. Honestly what the f**k are they trying to do to our sport....

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
So the rule changes. I'll wait now for the next ball that hit's a players arm or hands and goes forward - without him playing at it - to be ruled play on regardless of how many times it bounces ffs.

Someone

Bench
yeah you've got to ask yourself this, if its on halfway is it play on or is it a scrum?

the rule has to change.

Mortar

Juniors
So the rule changes. I'll wait now for the next ball that hit's a players arm or hands and goes forward - without him playing at it - to be ruled play on regardless of how many times it bounces ffs.
How the f**k can he have played at the ball in the split second it was kicked into him?

He doesn't attempt to regain possession until the ball is on the ground and he scores. The same when someone kicks the ball into the opposition's hand in general play, they wouldn't rule it a knock on as it wasn't played at.

Latest posts