What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Courtney Beavis from rugby union be a good buy?

GongPanther

Referee
Beale played league with my nephew at Shalvey Public School.

He is a devastating runner with the ball and can soundly defend and would be an excellent buy for whoever signs him.

Alas,last year I had high hopes of him coming home to the Panthers.

Who knows...maybe Gus can work more magic.

Parra

Referee
Love to see him in an Eels jersey.

Right now he has an important job to do for the Waratahs.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Dropping off tackles galore (i.e. over 50% of tackles attempted outside the vicinity of the ruck area) indicates poor tackling technique tommy

ek999

First Grade
SMH is reporting that he is all but signed with the Dogs. Will be interesting to see if the new salary cap rules get used and Smith gives us some salary cap help as a marquee signing..

The reaction on here would be priceless

betcats

Referee
Yeah the shit will hit the fan if that happens and for good reason imo. While i'd like to see him play in the NRL not if the Dogs are getting a leg up to do it.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah I personally don't think any concessions should be made to get Beale to Rugby League. He is a very good player who could probably be a success, but he isn't an out and out star player like SBW, Folau etc.

The meltdown would be justified, yet glorious to watch

Meth

Staff member
Geyer and Johns reckon that Beale would be an instant success in League. He's more of less been a spectacular failure in Union- more or less a Blake Fergusson type character.

Meth

Staff member
Johns also said Folau was the best Union player on the planet. I laughed for about 10 mins at that one.

chrisD

Coach
I laugh at the union players trying to tackle Folau during the highlights on the news, but not for 15 minutes.

Meth

Staff member
Folau is in good form, no doubt. But he is a long way away from being the best Union player in the world. Anyone who watches more then the highlights on the news can tell you that

chrisD

Coach
Yeah, he has to learn it's not all about line breaks and scoring tries at record rates. The best player in the union world has to know when it's time to kick it out or up.

Meth

Staff member
By that logic, Merritt would have to be up there with the best Rugby League players of all time, right?

Meth

Staff member
Semi Radrara- the best Rugby League player on the planet right now. Followed closely by Jarrod Croker

Canard

Immortal
Folau is in good form, no doubt. But he is a long way away from being the best Union player in the world. Anyone who watches more then the highlights on the news can tell you that

He is doing alright for someone who has played about 20 games all up however.

In fact he is doing way better than alright.