What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Courtney Beavis from rugby union be a good buy?

TheDalek079

Bench
he did do that intercept against us...apart from that he was average. Then again all the Wallabies were average against the ABs last year

Meth

Staff member
He wasn't really any good last year.

Much better this year.

Most Australian yawnion players...

Beale would probably be ok, but not good value for money...

Most union players*

Tackling in union is notoriously poor, hence half the defensive coaches in the game are 3rd rate ex league players. The sport is about a decade behind on tackling and most other sports science

Bronco Rob

Juniors
SMH is reporting that he is all but signed with the Dogs. Will be interesting to see if the new salary cap rules get used and Smith gives us some salary cap help as a marquee signing..

The reaction on here would be priceless

There are already 50% discount concessions for players from other codes.

I love how some get upset at the Bulldogs getting a leg-up on his signing when every other club has had the ability to sign him or other RU players as well. Well done I say to the Bulldogs for showing some fortitude!

Folau is in good form, no doubt. But he is a long way away from being the best Union player in the world. Anyone who watches more then the highlights on the news can tell you that

In your opinion who would be in front of Israel? I'd say many would have him as first pick for backs in their side.

Canard

Immortal
There are already 50% discount concessions for players from other codes.

I love how some get upset at the Bulldogs getting a leg-up on his signing when every other club has had the ability to sign him or other RU players as well. Well done I say to the Bulldogs for showing some fortitude!

Not to mention he is not guaranteed to be anything in League, he could either be the next Ricky Stuart of the next Garrick Morgan.

Meth

Staff member
In your opinion who would be in front of Israel? I'd say many would have him as first pick for backs in their side.

Keiran Read is the best player in world rugby right now.

With regards to fullbacks, Ben Smith is the best. There is quite a bit of competition for second- Halfpenny, Dagg, Brown and Folau are all in the running.

papabear

Juniors
All these names in this thread that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Honestly if a rugby union player was any good he would test himself in the best rugby comp in the world the NRL.

So the Union players who want to play league probably do have something to them (unless of course they are just trying to get more money out of their union paymasters) either way good luck to them, they will either be playing league or sucked more money out of union.

Meth

Staff member
All these names in this thread that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Honestly if a rugby union player was any good he would test himself in the best rugby comp in the world the NRL

A startling perspective from a pro-League, anti-Union poster.

Me? I like both codes and appreciate them for what they are. They are different sports requiring different skill sets. It's almost an apples v oranges debate, this one