What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would Parra rest a couple of players next week???

If we win tomorrow and results next week by Saturday night are as follows, Dogs lose to Cowboys (friday night) and Warriors lose to Penrith Sat night , Would Hagan consider resting or allowing players get over niggling injuries prior to next weeks finals???? Your opinions

strider

Post Whore
hmmm???? ... dunno .... i actually think it's best that players play the week leading into the finals (unless they r really injured) - keeps things rolling

Eelectrica

Referee
Tough call in some ways. I mean we do have the chance to knock the Broncos out for good.

But if we can neither move up or down on the ladder meaning for us it's a dead rubber then resting players would also not be a bad thing. It's unlikely we'd be getting a 2nd round bye so we'd be aiming to win 4 games straight and a fresh team gives us the best chance of achieving that.

strider said:
hmmm???? ... dunno .... i actually think it's best that players play the week leading into the finals (unless they r really injured) - keeps things rolling

I guess so, but hate to harp on this, but 2 games come to mind in last game at home v Broncos, one in 2005 we lose Hindy prior to finals and one time Fui gets suspended. They are so important to our team.

strider

Post Whore
parraitdoesmatta said:
I guess so, but hate to harp on this, but 2 games come to mind in last game at home v Broncos, one in 2005 we lose Hindy prior to finals and one time Fui gets suspended. They are so important to our team.
good point - play the PL team! :crazy:

Hurriflatch

Referee
and then again Hindy could get hit by a bus crossing the road when he would've otherwise been warming up to play the Broncos and never plays again

strider

Post Whore
oh ffs flatch - thats just silly .... the bus drivers are all chucking sickies ffs!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Did we play the Broncos in the last round in 2005 or 2006?

but ye resting players against Warriors was a bit stupid for Manly. but ye they are the 2nd best team so i guess they could afford a loss.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
Did we play the Broncos in the last round in 2005 or 2006?

but ye resting players against Warriors was a bit stupid for Manly. but ye they are the 2nd best team so i guess they could afford a loss.

yeah we played them last round of last year, we had what one recognised Prop playing that day, the rest were seconds playing front row ie Robbo, Hindy etc

WE NEED TO SMASH THE BRONCOS OUT OF CONTENTION FOR THE EIGHT, WE NEED TO GET A ROLL ON FOR THE FINALS AND THIS, THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS, AGAINST DRAGOOONS FIRST, WE GET A ROLL ON AND IF WE GET CONFIDENCE WE are THE FORM TEAM OF THE COMPETITION

god i hope the boys can play to there Potential

mickdo

Coach
I reckon Hindy would get a rest. Despite how badly we played against the Sharks without him, look how well we turned that around the following week in Melbourne...

I'm hoping it goes the other way - that the Dogs beat the Cows and we're in with a chance of 3rd. Both Manly and Melbourne have shown recently that they can lose games and I wouldn't put a week off in Finals Rd2 out of our minds.

Having said that, resting Hindy would be good if we had the chance.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I can't see the Storm losing down in Melbourne especially with the teams they could be facing but, if Manly end up playing the Dogs, Warriors or Broncos I could see them losing

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
No, we have to knock the Bronc's out of the finals.
Agree why should we, lets wipe the floor with the Drongo's, after all if they have the help of the ref & video ref like yesterday we need our guys on the field to show everyone to take notices.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Broncos played well yesterday, we need to make sure we beat them next week

Bigfella

Coach
We will be doing well to win tonight and then see.

the only way anyone will get rested is if we have a handy lead in a game then Timmy might get a rest I reckon.