What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be happy for Joey to play Origin this year if....

Gene Krupa

Referee
he played the last year of his contract out in 2008?

Personally, I wouldn't mind him playing. The more time Jarrod Mullen gets playing alongside him the better. Imagine how much more he can learn with another season playing with Joey in the team.

Plus it would be a huge boost to the Blues chances.

Yosh

Coach
I would love for him to play. But alot of people in this forums dont want him to....

Ben

Bench
I don't think he should play either. If it is debatable if he can even finish this season then he shouldn't be risking himself to origin. Although it would be tremendous for him to play another game for the blues, surely he wants to win a Premiership and the only way the Knights can do that is with a fit Andrew Johns.

Jono078

Referee
The way I see it is, in 2005 after playing origin he came back for the Knights better than ever.

Last year he seemed to be lacking something like a big match like SOO to fire him up for the season.

So I would be fine if he played SOO, let alone going on with 2008 :)

Honestly origin has become a glorified club game..its here for 6 weeks and then its into the real game of winning the comp..for your fans and teammates..i hope he doesnt esp if this is going to be his last year..So qld won it..big deal..most people remember a great club game before they think of an origin game

nickdemonknight

Juniors
If he does play I hope that he is put into lock again. He played there in 2000 (I think) when he had just come back from injury. Phil Gould had him in back play directing the play and only coming up to kick. However the blues were so dominant that he was up in the line and he ended up scoring a try. In saying that I don't know whether or not I would like him to play origin. As long as his choice doesn't result in injury I'm fine with it.

Burwood

Bench
I hope he doesn't go anywhere near the damn thing!! He played one test last year and the Knights went from being on the boil to a gentle fizz. He admitted that it took the wind right out of his sails and he needed a month or two to get over the match.

Now picture him playing in 3 origin matches this year. The pressure will literally be 10 times greater, he will come out battered and brusied (if he can even make it through the 3 matches), and he will be flat for the remainder of this year.

I'm sorry Joey, but you've had your fairytale SoO exit. Now leave it up to the others to find a way to fill the gap you left and focus on Newcastle in what is going to be your last year.

Frederick

Staff member
I'd be fine with that if there was the guarantee that he'd play all games next year. As it stands, we're not guaranteed that he'll play all the games this year. So it's a no from me.

perverse

Referee
as much as i would love to see joey don the blue jersey one last time.. i'd much rather see him lift the trophy come the end of the year.

Latest posts