What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would You Change a Winning Team?

fulltime

Juniors
for mine Orford would come back in the reserves.

I would not change the Manly lineup while they are winning and Monaghan is playing well at half.

innsaneink

Referee
As mentioned on FOX tonite, inthe last 2 games theyve had some kid sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs, theyve played with 16 for a few weeks.
Orford coming back, drop this kid, a bit of shuffling, they'll only get better.
Impressive, very impressive 2nd half tonite frommanly

CharlieF

Juniors
It will be a dilema when Orford is back, not to mention Menzies and Matai.

I would put Monas at 5/8th and Orford at 7 with Burns on the bench. Not sure what to do with Matai though.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Mack said:
Matai to lock, Williamson somewhere else.

Then where does Menzies go?

Matai should either come on as an impact second rower or play for a bit in Reggies.

This is such a better dilemma to be having compared too: 'Who starts-Danny Lima or Nathan Long'?

Disco

Bench
my full strength side

1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Bell
4.Lyon
5.Hicks
6.Burns
7.Orford
8.Kite
9.Monaghan
10.King
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.G Stewart

14.Ballin
15.Rose
16.Bryant
17.Matai (impact backrower, running wide obviously)

D

Deleted member 10972

Menzies to backrow, Glenn Stewart or Steve Matai to bench, *shrug*

King
Ballin
Kite
Watmough
Menzies
Stewart

Burns
Matai
Rose
Bryant

Hall is average, so is Williamson.

Garts

Bench
Orford walks back into the starting side, he adds so much. Our outside backs are not being utlised as much as they should, Orford will help there.

t-ba

Post Whore
Disco said:
my full strength side

1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Bell
4.Lyon
5.Hicks
6.Burns
7.Orford
8.Kite
9.Monaghan
10.King
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.G Stewart

14.Ballin
15.Rose
16.Bryant
17.Matai (impact backrower, running wide obviously)

I'd be happy with that. I still reckon Ballin deserves to keep his spot and Monas deserves to stay in the halves, but that'd still be good. As long as Dunners first grade career at Manly is dead and buried!

Biscuits

Juniors
i think you will go pretty well with Mullen, Gidly and Seage/Thaiday at fullback. The other holes in your outside backs is where the problem lies.

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO the best possible side for Manly is:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Steve Matai
5. Chris Hicks
6. Travis Burns
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Jamie Lyon

14. Glenn Stewart
15. Luke Williamson
16. Glen Hall/George Rose
17. Matt Ballin

That team for mine is the best possible line-up. If Manly got a hold of O'Meley and got rid of King, it would be a perfect team... or as best as a team can be with a $500k fat piece of sh*t.

Stranger

Coach
Biscuits said:
i think you will go pretty well with Mullen, Gidly and Seage/Thaiday at fullback. The other holes in your outside backs is where the problem lies.

Giggles isn't going back to 5/8 thats why we need a half. Currently the man in the no.6 is former second-rower and former fullback Daniel Abraham... Monnas would fit perfectly with Bedsey and Mullen in the playmaking IMO.

danno

Juniors
Orford straight back in at half. Burns stays at 5/8.
Monaghan & Ballin to share hooker/bench.
Halden drops off the bench.
Matai -> Premier League.

Y2Eel

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
IMO the best possible side for Manly is:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Bell
4. Steve Matai
5. Chris Hicks
6. Travis Burns
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Jamie Lyon

14. Glenn Stewart
15. Luke Williamson
16. Glen Hall/George Rose
17. Matt Ballin

That team for mine is the best possible line-up. If Manly got a hold of O'Meley and got rid of King, it would be a perfect team... or as best as a team can be with a $500k fat piece of sh*t.

WTF he's a centre/ 5/8 not a lock....stick matia in forwards before Lyon

Cletus

First Grade
My team would be

Stewart
Robertson
Bell
Lyon
Hicks
Monaghan
Orford
King
Ballin
Kite
Watmough
Beaver
G. Stewart

Williamson
Burns
Rose
Bryant

Although I have no idea. I don't think Monaghan will be 5/8, his running game isn't great. And I wouldn't mind Mattai on the wing in place of either Robertson/Hicks. Hasler doesn't like to change the team around too much, I'd say the team will be Lyon to 5/8, Mattai centre, Monaghan/Ballin hooker, Williamson bench and Burns to PL.

ManlyFan07

Juniors
If we ever get everyone back on deck at once, I would go with this side........

1. B. Stewart
2. Matai
3. Bell
4. Lyon
5. Hicks
6. Monaghan
7. Orford
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Menzies
12. Watmough
13. G. Stewart

14. Burns
15. Rose
16. Bryant
17. Hall

Robertson very unlucky, but I had to get Matai in there somewhere and I don't see him as an option in the backrow (even off the bench). Matai can come off his wing and do his excellent dummy half scoots.

As much as I love Burns tenacity, I think Monas offers more creativity in the halves. My only concern is that Monas will need to be prepared to play second fiddle to Orford in the playmaking (and short kicking) stakes (something he couldn't quite come to grips with in early 2006 resulting in the pair getting in each others way).

Burns will still play a big part off the bench, both at 5/8 and dummy half at various stages.

Des will probably keep Willow in the 17 somewhere, but I like Glenn Hall's ability to cover prop and if required, second row (not that Menzies, Watmough or G. Stewart need a rest all the often) so he gets the nod from me.

I also would still like to see us experiment with Bell on the left and Jamie Lyon on his preferred RIGHT side.