What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you pay extra for a NRL Channel on Fox?

nqboy

First Grade
Hear, hear! You can take this TV1, Comedy/History/National Geographic/Discovery channels (the only ones I watch beside the football) and shove 'em, I'll pay $20/month for Foxsports 1 and 2.

I'd pay for it, no problems. But $40 is a bit steep, it'd probably be around $10-12.

It won't happen by the way, Foxtel sport is driven by Rugby League, it rates it's arse off. Taking it to a stand alone channel would kill off their other sports channels.

Foz

Bench
I have the Plantinum package at the moment and in reality the only reason I have Fox is the footy,Premier League Soccer and the races.
My kids love the cartoons and my wife likes the movies.
If I had to pay anything else I would drop back to the basic package quicker than Andrew Ettingshausen turns off the light to get into bed.
I've been dreading talk about paying extra for a Thoroughbred Racing Channel.If I had to fork out for League Fox could shove it.

dimitri

First Grade
i would only pay extra

if it was a channel for all league (NOT JUST NRL)

it should have nrl, esl and many many internationals!!!

Maybe if it was like $4.95 a mth extra but then people in other states like S.Aust may not get to see a game, the game needs to grow nationally so it should stay on the basic package.

yeah i guess i would pay extra but it would have too show premier league and jersey flegg as well as jim beam cup as well as old games and they would also have too be full games not clipped :p

SaintTPP

First Grade
YES, YES I defintaley would pay $40 for a NRL Channel, that would be awsome. The AFL can have one, why can't we?

rugged

Juniors
About 4 years ago, we used to pay only $19 per month for Optus. Had all the rugby league, all the movies etc etc.

How much is it now for such a Foxtel package? (We have digital so I don't know non-digital).

innsaneink

Referee
Theres not much footage left from the seventies, most of it has been chopped up here and there and left on cutting room floors.
Too bad the powers that be have no foresight. :cry:
They really only have 2 and half decades of footage, thats not gunna last long. Pretty soon that;ll be re-run again n again.
And how much can the experts talk about last weeks and next weeks games???
Like someone else said, Id rather see Qld Cup, Premier league and bush footy.
Once you know a result, it loses something.

Iafeta

Referee
No. I want to see Warriors footy as much as the next Warriors fan, but because of their popularity here (or lack of), no commercial channel in Australia is going to show more of the Warriors than they need to - the game.

So, nope, I wouldn't fork out money to watch other clubs ponce around. Gotta think of the clubs outside of the main centre, Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos, Knights, Warriors - their fans probably wouldn't get value for money.

perth sharkie

Juniors
No, I like things the way they are. With the NRL getting all the exposure on the main Fox Sports channels, and the AFL being marginalised on that shitty ill-watched Fox Footy Channel.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
More SuperLeague games and more internationals, not just Aus, NZ and GBI.

union get comps from other countries put on every week, why not all SuperLeague games?

Put it on Fridays, that'll keep us going till 8:30.

All SuperLeague games on fox1 where they belong.

hgfds

Juniors
no esl matches on fox till mar 1st we miss the first 2 rounds again +the season opening,how about a history of rugby league internationals with former players being interviewed union has history shows on all the time.why cant fox do this for league.

Raider_69

Post Whore
anything more than 15 bucks and id tell em to stick it... for about 2 weeks then try and scrable enough to pay it :lol:

strong_latte

Juniors
Kaz said:
I just want to pay for a NRL Channel.

The other channels on Fox are sh!t

I'm with you mate! I got digital last year because of the NRL, but other than the sports everything else on Foxtel is f**ken shit house! Theres no way in hell I'd pay an extra 40 bucks a month if I was still being forced to pay for all their shit channells that display american crap!

joel caine number 1 fan said:
yeah i guess i would pay extra but it would have too show premier league and jersey flegg as well as jim beam cup as well as old games and they would also have too be full games not clipped :p
But would there be enough subscribers to cover the cost of having cameras at premier league, jersey flegg etc? Fair enough if it's at a stadium where fox are covering first grade the cameras will be there anyway but there would still be a lot of games at other stadiums where it might not be worth their while financially to haul equipment there just to cover a lower grade game.

How about this idea, they could show old games and have some players from both teams do the commentary! Should be good for a laugh if nothing else!!