What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you Pay Talagi $600k a Season

justadragon

Bench
My theory is that if Talagi stays in the Parra side for the rest of the year and Parra continue to get pumped the way they are, then most likely he can become damaged goods as far as confidence goes. Thats why I dont want to many of our juniors in our no hoper NRL side, not yet anyway.

TheRev

First Grade
My theory is that if Talagi stays in the Parra side for the rest of the year and Parra continue to get pumped the way they are, then most likely he can become damaged goods as far as confidence goes. Thats why I dont want to many of our juniors in our no hoper NRL side, not yet anyway.
Gutho is back this week apparently (with moses) so perhaps they will move him to centre... or keep him there and gutho to centre..

I think we had the deal done until the coach got axed and all of a sudden parra higher-ups were panicked a bit about losing their only young junior.. and perhaps they have promised to move gutho next year out of fullback... anyway.. im sure it will be confirmed one way or the other soon, ive seen commentators make mistakes before.

justadragon

Bench
Talagi is a local Parra junior, we dont know what ties etc he has in that area plus what influence his family has. We would be blowing up deluxe if he was one of our juniors. Lets take this as a real good lesson for whoever our retention people are to make absolutely sure we have the very best of OUR juniors tied up. You can see the player market is very thin, our next good players are coming from within. Someone mentioned on another thread the Dragons are about to announce a massive signing, we shall see. Lets just get our juniors sorted well and truly shall we.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We have a talented under 19s blues centre in Nsw Cup sign Tamale asap . You should see his highlights on his tries the kid has speed and a step HELLO get it done .
Exactly- But don't be surprised if the Raiders eventually sign him- just like they did Schiller and Morkos before him. I'd love to see Tamale and winger Jesse James/ Owens- can't remember his name -from SG Ball - play on the left side against the Panthers and move Rava and Suli back to the right. Jesse's currently playing Jersey Flegg so probably can't happen

TheRev

First Grade
Exactly- But don't be surprised if the Raiders eventually sign him- just like they did Schiller and Morkos before him. I'd love to see Tamale and winger Jesse James/ Owens- can't remember his name -from SG Ball - play on the left side against the Panthers and move Rava and Suli back to the right. Jesse's currently playing Jersey Flegg so probably can't happen
Jesse Williams is the Dragons SG kid, should have an NRL contract soon (for 2025) cant be picked to play first grade yet though.. but he is the bomb..... Buchanan is the other young gun left centre (steelers SG), I think he is ~12mths younger than Jesse though... but will probably be Jesse's longterm partner.. just not sure how fast he will come through.

Tamale, I dunno he has awesome highlights, I do like the kid.. but its the stuff not on the highlights reel that im concerned about.. like if he lets in 4 tries on his 1st grade debut.. noone wins out of that situation... not his career/mental-health, not the fans, not the club... he needs to be patient and get the rubbish stuff out of his game, I dont really have a view for or against retaining him.. im not close enough to understand whats going on behind the scenes.

All that said, Tamale might be picked tomorrow.. I think if hes signing elsewhere they prob wont pick him, but if not maybe he will play over a Feagai.

Sage63

Juniors
Talagi is a local Parra junior, we dont know what ties etc he has in that area plus what influence his family has. We would be blowing up deluxe if he was one of our juniors. Lets take this as a real good lesson for whoever our retention people are to make absolutely sure we have the very best of OUR juniors tied up. You can see the player market is very thin, our next good players are coming from within. Someone mentioned on another thread the Dragons are about to announce a massive signing, we shall see. Lets just get our juniors sorted well and truly shall we.
J Moz shot his load, with nothing to back it up.