What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you still go to the GF if......

The Major

Bench
The first grade squad doesn't qualify but the under 20's do. There are so many of us who bought tickets and would love nothing more to see the red vee on grand final day. But would you still get along for the young lads or brush going all together?

STG-MACCA

Bench
hmm tough one... all depends for me on how we didn't qualify in firsts.
besides, I'll be on holidays and might need to get out of town (fast) lol.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Yeah i'd go to cheer on the youngins and then probably jeer both teams in first grade :p

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
In 2005 i had grand final tickets but i didnt go because i didnt see the point so i sold the tickets. Since then people have told me i should go to a grand final because its such a good experience and the atmosphere is something you have to experience to understand. I have tickets this year but ill be going regardless of whether we make it just for the experience. Ive been to Origin before but never have been to a GF. This will be my first. Hopefully it will be one to remember so fingers crossed.

sting

Bench
definitely not.

i'll be going to parklife and will not want to hear anything about footy for a while.

i haven't watched a grand final in years to be honest

mainlander 09

Juniors
I've already booked my flight from NZ so i have to go.
If we don't make it then i'll get so drunk that i won't know who is playing.

RedV6

Juniors
Always wear Dragons Shirt to the GF. Last year I was sitting there in my dragons gear and a guy turned and smiled and gave me the thumbs up. Turned out to be an ex player.

Went to the tigers manly game at the SFS a few mondays back and wore my dragons gear. There were people withh parra jerseys and south jersey.... and we all knew we we cheering for the tigers

theirs no way in the world i could go if saints didnt make it in the top grade,but hopefully that wont happen,with us losing the last couple of games and the bulldogs on the same competition points as us if that doesnt fire us up now nothing will,it's quite simple really they win 2 games and the minor premiership is ours,cmon you sssssaaaaaiiiiinnts.

The Major

Bench
I'd probably sell my ticket and watch the u/20's at the Taj. Heaps cheaper beers and food, and not having to listen to drivvle from fans of teams who did make the big one would do me I reckon. A pro dragons crowd and a seat for the post game festivities or commiserations is another thing swaying my decision.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yeah Major's idea isnt bad.

Taj would prob do the trick as they have a big grand final BBQ etc... Good for a feed and a few cold ones.