What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wouldnt it be funnt if Matt Bowen won the Dally M

Im sure Matty must be up their in contention. Id just love to guy to win so i can hear his victory speech. The guy wouldnt know what to do. He would be so overwhelmed it may well end his career.

Nook

Bench
He'd have to be close but did he do enough at the start of the year to be in the running with a late charge? Can't remember what he was on.

If Farah can jag a point or two in the next two games he'd almost have it wrapped up I reckon.

Jordan

Juniors
Bowen was up there but I'd say Thurston probably stole a few too many votes along the way for him to win it.

Bomber

Bench
In our last four wins, Thurston and Bowen may well have shared 4 or 5 Dally M points each game between them.

woodgers

Bench
Bomber said:
In our last four wins, Thurston and Bowen may well have shared 4 or 5 Dally M points each game between them.

So they should have. From a neutral point of view (besides the Raiders but even I concede it was brilliant now) they have just been great to watch. A few Raiders boys sat around and watched that game over a couple of beers tonight and just enjoyed watching them play. Every touch Bowen made you take notice. Awesome. Australian fullback right now, especially with Lockyer gone. Even with Lockyer fit do you go Lockyer/Hunt or Thurston/Bowen combo? On current form the NQ boys have it so you'd have Bowen regardless.

Mong

Post Whore
Glory be Lockyer said:
The guy wouldnt know what to do. He would be so overwhelmed it may well end his career.

Who was the aboriginal player from the 90's who was extremely shy, who i think played for the sharks, who won this award then ended up in a similar situation??

What ever happened to him?

lockyno1

Post Whore
woodgers said:
So they should have. From a neutral point of view (besides the Raiders but even I concede it was brilliant now) they have just been great to watch. A few Raiders boys sat around and watched that game over a couple of beers tonight and just enjoyed watching them play. Every touch Bowen made you take notice. Awesome. Australian fullback right now, especially with Lockyer gone. Even with Lockyer fit do you go Lockyer/Hunt or Thurston/Bowen combo? On current form the NQ boys have it so you'd have Bowen regardless.

Rep form>Club form. Hunt has the rep form, bowen has the club form. Ricky Stuart prefers Hunt at FB and he has made no secret of that.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
So who would be the top contenders everyone?

Farah would be fave, Bowen and Thurston would be up there and I assum Smith would be as well. Prince would have but he had his injury problems. And as far as forwards go there are players that probably won't win but still would have picked up quite a few points IMO in Price, Bailey and Asotasi.

Azkatro

First Grade
Mong said:
Who was the aboriginal player from the 90's who was extremely shy, who i think played for the sharks, who won this award then ended up in a similar situation??

What ever happened to him?
Not little Presto that you're thinking of is it? He went on to win a grand final!

bula_stormer

Juniors
Farrah should get it, he's the form player in the comp atm, wouldnt be surprised if Smith gets it again, when it went behind closed doors i think Smith was 2 points behind Robbie.

icewind

Juniors
If Price played for anyone else other than the warriors, he'd be the leading forward and pushing for dally m contention.

bula_stormer said:
Farrah should get it, he's the form player in the comp atm, wouldnt be surprised if Smith gets it again, when it went behind closed doors i think Smith was 2 points behind Robbie.

Farah was 5 clear, and since then he has about 8 points (2 vs Penrith, 3 vs Cowboys, 3 vs Sharks) he should have it locked up. Just my opinion though.

osg

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Rep form>Club form. Hunt has the rep form, bowen has the club form. Ricky Stuart prefers Hunt at FB and he has made no secret of that.

locky....... i have never ever seen such biased, one eyed rooting for a player in my life........ Hunt is injured, and no way in f**king hell should he even be contemplated for the #1 for the test.

Bowen is in rare form....... the best fullback in the world right now.

bowen_1

Juniors
osg said:
locky....... i have never ever seen such biased, one eyed rooting for a player in my life........ Hunt is injured, and no way in f**king hell should he even be contemplated for the #1 for the test.

Bowen is in rare form....... the best fullback in the world right now.

Remember, locky is gay. So he may just be rooting for Hunt because he has a cuter ass.