What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wovelli

Skram

Juniors
Ravs has the most Dally M points out of the Warriors......can't say he is up there atm in terms of the Warriors forum player of the year standings though.

Please tell me you're joking.... that's ridiculous. He should have the least of the Warriors, and that include McKinnon and the other injured players.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
LEADERBOARD

10 - Scott Prince (GCT)

9 - Danny Buderus (NEW)

9 - Billy Slater (MEL)

9 - Matt Orford (MAN)

8 - Johnathan Thurston (NQL)

8 - Feleti Mateo (PAR)

7 - Kurt Gidley (NEW)

7 - Greg Bird (CRO)

7 - Cameron Smith (MEL)

7 - Brett Hodgson (WST)

7 - Peter Wallace (BRI)

6 - Grant Rovelli (WAR)

6 - Sam Thaiday (BRI)

6 - Luke Bailey (GCT)

6 - Anthony Laffranchi (GCT)

6 - Mitchell Pearce (SYD)

6 - Robbie Farah (WST)

6 - Brett Kearney (CRO)

6 - Braith Anasta (SYD)

6 - Chris Heighington (WST)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lol that list only proves one thing beyond doubt and that is the Dally Ms are basically nothing but a halfback wankfest.

Noosa1

Juniors
No room for Rav at the Vulcans, we aready have the better half and our bloke is going very well!!!

blain

Juniors
hes prob right, aaron has been playing really well. to bad he isnt contracted.

Kakihara

Juniors
Rovelli sucks. The Warriors won't win a premiership with him at halfback

That prettty much sums him up right there. It annoys me seeing teams like souths picking up these up and coming kiwi players like Issac Luke while we're stuck with nuffys like Rovelli.

PAPI

Juniors
with teams like Souths, Dragons, Panthers, Eels and Bulldogs ALL looking for No. 6's and 7's, Rovelli would be an instant 250k a year player if the Warriors release him.:crazy:

ozbash

Referee
with teams like Souths, Dragons, Panthers, Eels and Bulldogs ALL looking for No. 6's and 7's, Rovelli would be an instant 250k a year player if the Warriors release him.:crazy:

sh*t, they would have to be desperate.

worst half in the game imo

PAPI

Juniors
sh*t, they would have to be desperate.

worst half in the game imo

i did just read Joe Williams has just been signed by the Dogs and is free to go now, he may line up against the Panthers this Saturday night, thats how deaperate these teams are getting !;-)

LeagueNut

First Grade
He knows we're watching him ... :shock:

Link

Hard work done, now Rovelli can blog his guts out

Steve Kilgallon | May 5, 2008

AS YOU might expect from a good Queenslander, Grant Rovelli has picked up one of Wayne Bennett's key life lessons.

Remember that Bennett-ism, "If you listen to the fans, you'll end up sitting with them"? The Mackay-born Rovelli has been applying that to his legion of critics populating the league message boards, one of whom was suggesting this week Warriors fans should stage a protest against their little halfback.

"It probably goes both ways - if you get good press and listen to it, it's not going to do you any good, and if it's not good it doesn't help either," Rovelli said after an individual performance in the Warriors' 14-6 win over Canberra that should reduce the internet vitriol this morning. "I just keep working hard and building my self-belief."

He's worn plenty this year from those who have sought to pin the Warriors' mixed form on his slight shoulders: From former Kiwi Matthew Ridge to, indirectly, Graham Lowe, who suggested it was time for Stacey Jones to come out of retirement. Jones's shadow (increasing, given he's spending more time training than fishing since quitting) still looms large at Mt Smart, and that probably tells on Rovelli.

But he was one of the few to adapt to the weather conditions yesterday, using an adept short-kicking game inside the Canberra 20 that produced the repeat sets the Warriors needed to exert control. "I enjoyed it - I love playing in wet weather, we train in it all the time," he said. "Wins like that are a real confidence-booster. It was a bit of a slog; our forwards were bashing theirs. It makes it tough for a halfback but good for me to play behind them."

Rovelli's personal target had been improving his "defensive reads", and he didn't make any mistakes in that department, while his sometime-criticised partnership with Michael Witt thrived in the rain.

His only disappointment was missing out on a try for a disputed video referee call on an obstruction play, involving Raiders fullback Bronx Goodwin. "I'm a bit filthy, but he's [Goodwin] thrown his hands up and waved them around." This performance might just be the start of Rovelli throwing his hands up at his critics.

Skram

Juniors
Rovelli said after an individual performance in the Warriors' 14-6 win over Canberra that should reduce the internet vitriol this morning.

:x
Why is it when the team goes well despite certain players not performing the media glosses over it. Ravs was only slightly better than he had been all season and was one of the worst on the field against Canberra yet he's getting major credit for the win.
I have nothing against him personally and would love to see him return to the form he showed in his rookie season but to write him up as being one of the Warriors best is a joke.

But he was one of the few to adapt to the weather conditions yesterday, using an adept short-kicking game inside the Canberra 20 that produced the repeat sets the Warriors needed to exert control.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the effective grubbers came from Fein, Witt and... :sarcasm: Lauaki. As far as I recall inside the opposition 20 Ravs had his dissallowed try, a couple of submitting in the tackle on the last and a bomb that went dead on the full.

Blaze

Juniors
*bump*

Another dreadful half of football from Rovelli today against the Panthers.. hook him...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
He isn't responsible for nobody being interested in tackling.

But he's f**king appalling. Gone.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rovelli makes terrible reads in defence, and when he makes the right read he can't stop the player, his kicking game is appalling, can't pass, second man plays are the most predictable plays I've ever seen, his ball runners don't have a clue what to do, Rovelli doesn't even appear to have a clue what to do, do I need to continue?

Even on Mannerings second try HE HESITATED. (Nice second man play by Fien as well.) I couldn't believe it. A bus could've been driven through the gap and et he hesitated.

Please, Rovelli, leave, now, please.

MKEB...

Staff member
I wonder is Stacey will be getting annoyed by now knowing that his kicking training with Rovelli isnt showing any real sign of fruition.

Scorpio30

Bench
Time for Fien in 7 I reckon....With possibly Rovelli to bench dummy half and failing that back home to the Mackay Cutters.

Latest posts