What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestlemania 25, early possible matches

Now the RR is behind us, where does that leave everyone in positioning for matches at Mania, i think after the RR, some have already booked themselves, below is what i see as possible matches already, with more still to come.

Matt Hardy v Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton v John Cena "title"
Shawn Michaels v JBL
Chris Jericho v Mickey Rourke
Vladimir Kozlov v Great Khali
Edge v Christian "i hope its not Triple H" but gut feel it will be
8 man money in bank this always tough but going with John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Ted Dibiase, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, R Truth, Mr Kennedy, they would be looking at those who can be world champ within next 12 month
Goldust v Cody Rhodes

TheLegendKiller

Juniors
i like the ideas of your matches bro but hell being a randy orton and mvp fan we know they are both going to get farked over... i cant wait for wm25 and hopefully the return of the peep show christian

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Usually the WWE like to feature as many talents as they can at Wrestlemania so I expect a packed crowd.

I can see the Legacy getting a 4th member (Smith) and having them involved in a 6 man tag match against Goldust and two partners of his choosing, possibly Snuka and Manu, or a couple of random superstars who don't have any other meaningful feud.

Who's the unlucky person facing the Undertaker? I could see it being HBK, but that doesn't look likely. I hope it's not Big Show again.

Matt V Jeff will happen, but I hope they're not going to say that Matt was the one responsible for everything that's happened to Jeff. I mean, come on, talk about ridiculous logic just for the sake of a sudden swerve. I'd still like to see Christian involved. Matt V Jeff V Christian. Either that or have Christian as a surprise entrant in MITB. What better way for him to return than in a ladder match, winning the right to challenge for the title.

Kane appears to have nothing to do. Although his surprise loss to Kingston might develop into something.

I think you've got the MITB participants just about right, although I can see Dibiase being involed elsewhere in the card, leaving a spot open for a surprise Christian return, or possible even Miz to play up the Morrison and Miz partnership advantage during the match. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kendrick got a run.

Cena V Orton and HHH V Edge look almost certain.

Rey Misterio looks to have little to do either and I doubt he's going to miss out.

Kozlov will be in their somewhere. Possibly it could be him that takes on the Undertaker, but I hope not because A) It would be too obvious that an Undertaker win was coming, and B) If the WWE threw a curveball and let Kozlov end the streak it would be complete BS. Undertaker needs a challenger who could be a genuine shot at ending the streak. HBK, Orton, Edge, Cena, or HHH.

Should be a very interesting Mania.

Hanscholo

Bench
I know most of us love christian's charisma, he is a funny guy and really entertains you. But im not sure why people insist on trying to push him into PPV's. He is really a Raw/ Smackdown middle card performer, as good as he is at that I cant see the WWE pushing him further than that. Did anyone really think he would have shown up in the rumble, what would they have done with him as a winner? Main Event at Mania? I highly doubt it. He is the kind of guy that would go well in the money in the bank ladder match, but anything more than that is a push for him physically.

Misanthrope

Staff member
But im not sure why people insist on trying to push him into PPV's. He is really a Raw/ Smackdown middle card performer

As in in ring worker he's behind only the likes of HBK, Jericho etc in terms of what he can do. He can brawl, he can fly, and he can work the mat. He's more talented than Edge as an overall performer - it's only his look that lets him down in those stakes.

DB

First Grade
Now the RR is behind us, where does that leave everyone in positioning for matches at Mania, i think after the RR, some have already booked themselves, below is what i see as possible matches already, with more still to come.

Matt Hardy v Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton v John Cena "title"
Shawn Michaels v JBL
Chris Jericho v Mickey Rourke
Vladimir Kozlov v Great Khali
Edge v Christian "i hope its not Triple H" but gut feel it will be
8 man money in bank this always tough but going with John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Ted Dibiase, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, R Truth, Mr Kennedy, they would be looking at those who can be world champ within next 12 month
Goldust v Cody Rhodes

Some of those maybe...

I can't see Rourke wrestling though, maybe in a manager's role... maybe a down and out wrestler.... maybe Tommy Dreamer me thinks.

This is what I will think will happen:

Orton vs Cena for the World Title
HHH vs Edge for the WWE Title
Beth Phoenix vs Melina for the Womens Title
MOTB - Punk vs Kingston vs Kendrick vs Kennedy vs Finlay vs Jericho vs Guerrero vs Kane (Mickey Rourke to make a run-in)
John Morrison + The Miz vs Priceless for the WWE Tag Team Titles
Maria vs Michelle McCool
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
JBL vs HBK
Santino to cop another Stone Cold Stunner at some point on the show
Vladimir Kozlov vs The Great Khali vs The Big Show
Dark Match - Jack Swagger vs Mark Henry for the ECW Title

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This is what I will think will happen:

Orton vs Cena for the World Title
HHH vs Edge for the WWE Title
Beth Phoenix vs Melina for the Womens Title
MOTB - Punk vs Kingston vs Kendrick vs Kennedy vs Finlay vs Jericho vs Guerrero vs Kane (Mickey Rourke to make a run-in)
John Morrison + The Miz vs Priceless for the WWE Tag Team Titles
Maria vs Michelle McCool
JBL vs HBK
Santino to cop another Stone Cold Stunner at some point on the show
Vladimir Kozlov vs The Great Khali vs The Big Show
Dark Match - Jack Swagger vs Mark Henry for the ECW Title

So WM will be without MVP, Misterio, Undertaker, Benjamin, Jeff and Matt Hardy?

RedVGooner

Juniors
I know most of us love christian's charisma, he is a funny guy and really entertains you. But im not sure why people insist on trying to push him into PPV's. He is really a Raw/ Smackdown middle card performer, as good as he is at that I cant see the WWE pushing him further than that. Did anyone really think he would have shown up in the rumble, what would they have done with him as a winner? Main Event at Mania? I highly doubt it. He is the kind of guy that would go well in the money in the bank ladder match, but anything more than that is a push for him physically.

Surely if Jeff Hardy can win the WWE Championship then surely Christian can win the belt

TheLegendKiller

Juniors
my brothers if you think back to wrestlemania 16 (or 2000 as they called it) when vince joined triple h and stephanie and shane o and when vince turned on the rock all the bullsh*t build up for that match and then the following year he did it to the rock again to join Stone Cold it seems funny that vince is yet again in the lime light and wm25 is coming up and what a way it would be to have vince turn on his golden boy Cena and join randy orton along with Steph and shane to form the new line of legacy also with rhodes and dibiase its just a thought brothers what do you think???

my brothers if you think back to wrestlemania 16 (or 2000 as they called it) when vince joined triple h and stephanie and shane o and when vince turned on the rock all the bullsh*t build up for that match and then the following year he did it to the rock again to join Stone Cold it seems funny that vince is yet again in the lime light and wm25 is coming up and what a way it would be to have vince turn on his golden boy Cena and join randy orton along with Steph and shane to form the new line of legacy also with rhodes and dibiase its just a thought brothers what do you think???
One of the McMahons will, more likely Shane than Steph as he has wrestling skills and the ability to cut an excellent promo, whereas Vince will always be "the boss" and with the Randy Orton punt he will be off TV for a while.

Spike

First Grade
There's various rumours about wrestlers making a one off match appearance at Wrestlemania. One of those is Trish Stratus

As in in ring worker he's behind only the likes of HBK, Jericho etc in terms of what he can do. He can brawl, he can fly, and he can work the mat. He's more talented than Edge as an overall performer - it's only his look that lets him down in those stakes.

Chris thats like saying she has all the attributes of a model but she just isnt good enough looking.

Latest posts