What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestlemania XXVII thread **SPOILERS**

Big Pete

Referee
One great match, one good match and two solid matches (which I'm probably underating but I thought they could have been better) makes this show a solid show.

Did you even watch the show Moffo or are you just trolling?

Moffo

Referee
I saw enough from the lead up shows to know that the event was going to stink up the place

Big Pete

Referee
So you didn't watch the show at all yet you felt like judging it's quality?

You're a funny customer Mo.

Big Pete

Referee
Alright then.

I'll rephrase.

You're an idiot. Commenting on something you didn't watch, throwing around baseless arguments without any sources and wasting your time trolling an internet board. A Pro Wrestling board to be even more precise.

Moffo

Referee
Alright then.

I'll rephrase.

You're an idiot. Commenting on something you didn't watch, throwing around baseless arguments without any sources and wasting your time trolling an internet board. A Pro Wrestling board to be even more precise.

Insults hey?

Real mature of you

Moffo

Referee
Alright then.

I'll rephrase.

Insults hey?

Real mature of you

RedVDave

First Grade
1992-96 (few exceptions here and there but 95 was definitely the peak of s**tness).

2003-04.

Aplogies for the late reply in all fairness I cannot comment on 1992-1996 as I didn't see enough of it to comment as I did not really start watching wrestling till about 1998.

I definetley disagree with you about 2003-2004 & 2006 to me the WWE right now is feckless, for a few reasons:

PG Era just does not work it does not bother me so much about the no blood rule it does anoy me that they stop a match to clean up someones blood really destroying the momentum of a match.

Continual storylines being hyped up then being a massive let down, cena v barrett worthless ending, del rio RR win was a waste of his last 6 months build, continual same old feuds hhh v orton, hhh v cena etc.

No new stars being created, of course new champions have been crowned but usually through some lame MITB win.

Not turning starts Heel because they sell merch i.e. Batista (his heel turn was so overdue and he was an awesome heel to bad he was only a heel for like 3 months though) cena and mysterio.

Stupid gimmicky PPV's and matches, whoever thought up the scramble match should be fired. Again thats just my opinion but I only half watch wrestling these days for the first time in since Mania 17 I did not order it this year and by the sounds of things did not miss to much.

Big Pete

Referee
All good RedVDave

PG Era just does not work it does not bother me so much about the no blood rule it does anoy me that they stop a match to clean up someones blood really destroying the momentum of a match.

That's occured in how many matches? 5? And it just holds the match up for 30 seconds, an annoyance sure but hardly the worst thing in the world.

Continual storylines being hyped up then being a massive let down, cena v barrett worthless ending, del rio RR win was a waste of his last 6 months build, continual same old feuds hhh v orton, hhh v cena etc.

I agree with you on Cena/Barrett although it was always going to end with the face getting his revenge.

Del Rio's still going for the title and I believe he'll likely win at Extreme Rules. I believe they gave Edge the win at Mania to help his poor Mania record.

I agree on the feuds (although I can't remember HHH/Cena having an extensive feud) but that's been apart of wrestling for ages. Heck back in the Attitude era The Rock faced Mankind at 4 straight PPVs.

No new stars being created, of course new champions have been crowned but usually through some lame MITB win.

I agree, I hate the MitB victories but to say the WWE haven't gone out of their way to make these guys stars is off base. The Miz climbed to the very top of Pro Wrestling, Sheamus became a 2 x Champion, saved Morrison's career and is back on the right path, Ziggler became a World Champ and worked all the main guys, Barrett headlined a couple of PPVs and made Cena his b***h, Alberto Del Rio came out on top against Mysterio and is currently gunning for the World Championship, Bryan was the big mystery partner at the second biggest show of the year etc. etc. If anything I thought 2010 was one of the WWE's biggest years to bring in new stars

Not turning starts Heel because they sell merch i.e. Batista (his heel turn was so overdue and he was an awesome heel to bad he was only a heel for like 3 months though) cena and mysterio.

I agree on Batista, don't agree with Cena or Mysterio.

Don't get me wrong, Cena should turn heel at some point but the WWE should right for the opportune time.

Mysterio is one of those guys I'd never turn. How would Mysterio be able to offend the crowd? Oh F**k he's going to hit his pretty moves and give us a good match, f**k him!

Stupid gimmicky PPV's and matches, whoever thought up the scramble match should be fired. Again thats just my opinion but I only half watch wrestling these days for the first time in since Mania 17 I did not order it this year and by the sounds of things did not miss to much.

Again I agree on the PPVs and feel in the long term they'll hurt business but they didn't result in bad shows.

I didn't mind 2010, it was a year of new beginnings and triumphant (and not so triumphant) finishes. I actually enjoyed the lack of HBK, HHH and Batista on Raw and thought the Nexus angle was well done (until Survivor Series) and was a fantastic way to make Barrett and Bryan into stars (as well as give certain guys screen time they otherwise wouldn't get). I thought there were a ton of great matches and felt the WWE had a great roster to push forward with in 2011.

I will admit though, Mania 27 was a disappointment and hardly a reflection on what the past year had been like. Such is the case when the show is main evented by a celebrity and the biggest match of the show is being worked by two guys who barely featured in the previous year.

Compare that to 2003-04 which was basically the Triple H show where he was burying WCW guys, feuding with Michaels non-stop and then burying Orton who Foley had made into a genuine main eventer. Smackdown faired better but I wasn't a fan of the Angle/Lesnar/Show main event dynamic followed by the JBL run that lasted forever.

2006 was balls too. The show was being built around a faction that had gone out of fashion 10 years ago that achieved nothing other than boring audiences with their sit-com esque escapades on Vinny Mac and family. Smackdown didn't fair much better with the weak title reigns of Mysterio, Booker T and eventually Batista who just stagnated following the death of Guerrero.

I think 2003 was the worst period for wrestling by a long way. The major storyline was how Kane rooted a dead chick. As bad as the storylines are now, they will never hit that low again.

Big Pete

Referee
That was 2002 (which I considered including but it was such a mixed year it was hard to say without any certainty).

2003 had Kane losing his mask and meeting his match in Shane McMahon, a guy with limited wrestling experience.

my bad. was 2004 the "it's all your fault" storyline. Another brilliant storyline involving Kane (with Lita and Snitsky here).

Latest posts