What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Tigerm

First Grade
On Twitter:
Penrith CEO Matt Cameron confirmed on SEN recently that from 2024, Development Players can play NRL from Round 1, Train & Trial players can play NRL after Round 10.

Tigerm

First Grade
On Twitter:

2023 Mackay State High backrower Nehemiah Wuatai-Davis has signed a two year deal with WT, per Dynasty Management Group.

Wuatai-Davis was set to be in the Mackay Cutters u19s side this year.

Appears he will link up with the Balmain SG Ball squad.

Tigerm

First Grade
On twitter:
It’s so great to see Onitoni Large (right) already around NRL preseason. Only turns 17 this year, but for me, the most talented player in pathways. Does everything well on both sides of the ball and an insane athlete.

———————-

We had similar talk last season about Bula, things are definitely looking up.
Hopefully we can keep the real good ones.

Tigerm

First Grade

Watch it on YouTube, big lad and a goal kicker.

For all that are interested, there is a full day of Pre Season trials this Saturday at Hillier oval in Liverpool

Wests v Sharks

Lisa Fiaola (17 Girls)
Tarsha Gale (19 Girls)
Harold Matts
SG Ball

Im not to sure if Wests Andrew Johns Cup (16s) and Laurie Daley Cup (18s) and Jersey Flegg are down to play but the 1st 4 are lock ins.

Free Entry

Weather is supposed to be a bit rubbish but I was at that field a couple od days ago and it is looking awesum.

Apparently Will Craig tore up in the Koori Carnival today, playing for Combined Countries. Will be in SBS tomorrow. Very promising wing/centre doing a pre season with NRL squad.
Good young talent this kid. Defencively sound and can make a line break but 1 major gripe i have about him and i noticed it a couple of years ago is that when he is at centre he never never passes to his winger. 2 on 1 close to the line he will go himself. In his own half if there is a sniff his winger could make yards on the outside, he will just take the tackle.

Only positive with that is Wests save a little bit of cash on their hot water bill as his outside winger never needs a shower

Tigerm

First Grade
Good young talent this kid. Defencively sound and can make a line break but 1 major gripe i have about him and i noticed it a couple of years ago is that when he is at centre he never never passes to his winger. 2 on 1 close to the line he will go himself. In his own half if there is a sniff his winger could make yards on the outside, he will just take the tackle.

Only positive with that is Wests save a little bit of cash on their hot water bill as his outside winger never needs a shower
I found an article, which I posted on here earlier today about Onitoni Large, have you come across him, got ant any thoughts, they gave him a huge rap.
Got a feeling either yourself or @Vic Mackey may have mentioned him last year, but at my age, remembering yesterday is a struggle hahaha

NBWT:
WT have 3 of the best 5/8s in underage rugby league in Latu Fainu (18), Lachlan Galvin (18) & Onitoni Large (16). All believe they’re 5/8’s.

1 is NSW 19s a year early
1 is Peter Sterling Medallist
1 is 16s Aus Rugby captain & best player at 15s Schoolboys RL in 22

Probably won’t keep them all, So who would you keep?
Personally i do not know to much about Fainu but i know wests chased him hard so he will be kept.

Galvin will be kept. Not a future superstar but going to be a very solid player. I liken him to Gavin Cooper, tall, can ball play and will probably end up an edge back rower.

I think Onitoni wont be kept. I think Union will get him

I found an article, which I posted on here earlier today about Onitoni Large, have you come across him, got ant any thoughts, they gave him a huge rap.
Got a feeling either yourself or @Vic Mackey may have mentioned him last year, but at my age, remembering yesterday is a struggle hahaha

Yeah he is a good one. Very promising. Massive kid.
But he is still playing Union every weekend as well which is concerning because that means he hasnt made a commitment yet.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah he is a good one. Very promising. Massive kid.
But he is still playing Union every weekend as well which is concerning because that means he hasnt made a commitment yet.
Shit, I thought he had signed, Rugby will want a win, we will have to go hard for him then, if he's worth it?

Shit, I thought he had signed, Rugby will want a win, we will have to go hard for him then, if he's worth it?
Im just thinking what the Scott Fulton departure will do in terms of the young kids at the club.
He was in the job less than a year so he has no idea about the talent the club is sitting on.

Time will tell i guess

Tigerm

First Grade
Im just thinking what the Scott Fulton departure will do in terms of the young kids at the club.
He was in the job less than a year so he has no idea about the talent the club is sitting on.

Time will tell i guess
I thought Scott was going to be good for us, but I can't complain as to what's happened so far since Benji and the Richo have been in the job.
I think the young blokes will like Benji as he will speak to them in there language, if you understand what I mean.
And Richo's plans should be nothing but encouragement to them, with what he is saying.
Seriously, looking on the up already, just gotta win a few games now.