What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Tigerm

First Grade
From twitter:

Solomone Saukuru​

Solo first gained media attention when he played fullback, wing, centre, prop and second row in the same season at Westfields.

Really interested how he progresses as he is more than big enough to play in the back row.
———————
Interesting character, seems to be a good option for his ability to cover so many positions, he’s only 19 worth keeping an eye on him?

From twitter:

Solomone Saukuru​

Solo first gained media attention when he played fullback, wing, centre, prop and second row in the same season at Westfields.

Really interested how he progresses as he is more than big enough to play in the back row.
———————
Interesting character, seems to be a good option for his ability to cover so many positions, he’s only 19 worth keeping an eye on him?
Hes a weapon

But needs time

club seems to view him as a centre, you agree?
Yeah i do
Ive watched him play mostly at centre and 2nd row.
Defensively, very good at both. At centre with some space he always is hard to stop and drags defenders. Look for his outside winger to score a heap of tries if they can get early ball to him from a scrum etc.

Only downfall in my opinion is his speed. Not the fastest going around but that is coachable

Tigerm

First Grade

A few faces I know, be good if they put names to all the players and coaches?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
2023 Wests #HMatts captain and Australian Schoolboy Luke Laulilii.

Luke has been named in the Wests #SGBall squad for 2024, and he’ll transition into the NRL top 30 for 2025.

Nutz

Bench

A few faces I know, be good if they put names to all the players and coaches?
Why can't clubs control their website. I complained ages ago about our team player profiles being out of date and was told the NRL are responsible for all that stuff.
Why is this so?
I can understand that all the players are technically an NRL product as they are the governing body and pay the salary cap and that they would want control over how their product is displayed. Well their control is often poor.
If you look at all the club websites you will notice that the menu on the left hand side are all the same format. If you click on team then NRL you'll get your list of supposedly current playing squad and their profiles.
Well quiet often it is outdated. Recently they still had Offa in there whilst he was playing for Parra.
Atm Olam is there and has a good bio but no photo. How hard is it to upload a photo....geez.
As far as putting names to photos eg training pics that's the role of our media guys. Richo sack em!
We supporters want to see preseason photos but even our dedicated supporters have trouble identifying the players, coaches and support staff.
Year after year it's the same.
I do realise that the NSWRL do theirs and NRL covers only NRL and KOE but the principle is the same.

Tigerm

First Grade
From twitter:
Balmain #HMatts Rd1

1. K. Kanaan
2. M. Lewadromodromo
3. F. Huahulu
4. M. Boustany
5. S. Sorovi
6. C. Azzi
7. T. Birnie
8. H. Elkris (c)
9. T. Handsaker
10. Z. Khattar
11. L. Howlett
12. A. Tuara
13. J. Leau

14. J. Zoghaib, 15. W. Stone, 16. Z. Edmed, 17. S. Schaumkel
———————-

Imagine the poor commentator calling out Lewadromodromo’s name in an exciting passage of play hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
From twitter:
Wests #SGBall Rd1

1. H. Mason
2. W. Craig
3. N. Willett
4. L. Laulilii
5. D. Waqa
6. H. Pritchard (c)
7. L. Keppie
8. J. Miller
9. T. Da Silva
10. M. Coady
11. Mi. Taotua
12. H. Delaney
13. J. Leatigaga

14. D. Schaafhausen-Mino, 15. E. Xuereb, 16. K. Lewis, 17. Ma. Taotua

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Balmain #SGBall Rd1

1. C. Kanaan
2. C. Rauhihi
3. X. Tauaifaiga
4. C. Close
5. H. Kedzlie
6. C. Benson
7. M. Tannous
8. M. Aitchison
9. J. Haywood
10. A. Riley
11. S. Schmitzer
12. A. Meslemani
13. K. Edmed (c)

14. C. Daniels, 15. C. Taula, 16. D. Tuala, 17. R. Sovau
———————
Would have thought Chris Close was getting a bit old for this grade hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Macarthur WT #AndrewJohnsCup Rd1 (u16s)

1. J. Peni
2. D. Ayers
3. E. Sefo
4. D. Taoai
5. R. Ribucan
6. J. Lele
7. C. Lakeman
8. J. Gaffney
9. B. Achurch (c)
10. J. Taiatu
11. A. Sio
12. J. Faafiu
13. K. Penfold

14. E. Mears, 15. M. Fonua, 16. A. Chan-Sau, 17. B. Hodsdon
———————-
Our future, but the Smith’s and Jone’s have gone:(

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Congrats to all players named as captain for their Pathways teams this weekend:

Heith Pritchard (Wests SGBall)
Kian Edmed (Balmain SGBall)
Hayden Elkris (Balmain HMatts)
Riley Oitmann (Macarthur WT LD Cup)
Brock Achurch (Macarthur WT AJ Cup)
Tiana-Lee Thorne (WT TG Cup)

Perth Tiger

Bench
very interesting that TDS got named but not Galvin. I wouldn't expect TDS to play much ball this year once the other comps start but would be interesting to here the reasoning behind the decision

From twitter:
Wests #SGBall Rd1

1. H. Mason
2. W. Craig
3. N. Willett
4. L. Laulilii
5. D. Waqa
6. H. Pritchard (c)
7. L. Keppie
8. J. Miller
9. T. Da Silva
10. M. Coady
11. Mi. Taotua
12. H. Delaney
13. J. Leatigaga

14. D. Schaafhausen-Mino, 15. E. Xuereb, 16. K. Lewis, 17. Ma. Taotua
This team is stacked!!!!!!

NBWT twitter
Macarthur WT #AndrewJohnsCup Rd1 (u16s)

1. J. Peni
2. D. Ayers
3. E. Sefo
4. D. Taoai
5. R. Ribucan
6. J. Lele
7. C. Lakeman
8. J. Gaffney
9. B. Achurch (c)
10. J. Taiatu
11. A. Sio
12. J. Faafiu
13. K. Penfold

14. E. Mears, 15. M. Fonua, 16. A. Chan-Sau, 17. B. Hodsdon
———————-
Our future, but the Smith’s and Jone’s have gone:(

Keep an eye on this kid. Jonas Peni.

Not sure why he is playing fullback. He is probably the best 1/2 in Australia at U16 level. The plan for him is to get some minutes in Harold Matts at some stage this year as well. Has just turned 15 and he is one of the best prospects i have seen. In 2022 he played hooker for NSW Maori U16s at 13 years old. He is that good and tough.

jrtiger

Juniors
Keep an eye on this kid. Jonas Peni.

Not sure why he is playing fullback. He is probably the best 1/2 in Australia at U16 level. The plan for him is to get some minutes in Harold Matts at some stage this year as well. Has just turned 15 and he is one of the best prospects i have seen. In 2022 he played hooker for NSW Maori U16s at 13 years old. He is that good and tough.
I wasn't aware he was only 15. wow.

so he partnered Havea in the halves in the U16 Div 1 Macarthur and won the comp as a 14 year old? that is insane.

I wasn't aware he was only 15. wow.

so he partnered Havea in the halves in the U16 Div 1 Macarthur and won the comp as a 14 year old? that is insane.
Sorry bro
My bad he just turned 16 this year in 2024.

Havea floated around in positions between 13 and 6. Their club side has a good 6 in Tyler Volcov. Who is also in the Harold Matts squad. I am Mates with their club Coach and he said becos Havea was absolutley hammered in the Pathways games in July (3 games in the School Holidays against Eels, Rabbits and Sharks) with his workload, he decided to play Havea at 6 just to give him a break physically in some games.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Congrats to all players named as captain for their Pathways teams this weekend:

Heith Pritchard (Wests SGBall)
Kian Edmed (Balmain SGBall)
Hayden Elkris (Balmain HMatts)
Riley Oitmann (Macarthur WT LD Cup)
Brock Achurch (Macarthur WT AJ Cup)
Tiana-Lee Thorne (WT TG Cup)
IMG_0669.jpeg
The 2024 junior Rep Captains (no names)