What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

ALX25

Bench
NSWCCC U15
Darby Fotheringham
Sioeli Iongi

NSWCCC U18
Cooper Black
Jared Haywood
Lucas Rossi

NSWCHS U15
Kingston Finau
Zephaniah Finau
Terowie Golding-Lyons

NSWCHS U18
Pheonix Godinet
Aaron Keppie - Cronulla Sharks
Peter Taai

NSWCIS U15
Thomas Aroyan

NSWCIS U18
Heamasi Makasini
Onitoni Large

*Apologies for any errors.

Last edited:

ALX25

Bench
NSWCHS U16 Girls
Aliana Fasavalu-Fa'amausili
Dawn Tui

NSWCHS U18 Girls
Lucyannah Luamanu

NSWCCC
TBA - Sides named but not added to CCC website.

NSWCIS
TBC - squads reduced shortly.

NSWCCC U15
Darby Fotheringham
Sioeli Iongi

NSWCCC U18
Cooper Black
Jared Haywood
Lucas Rossi

NSWCHS U15
Kingston Finau
Zephaniah Finau
Terowie Golding-Lyons

NSWCHS U18

Pheonix Godinet
Aaron Keppie
Peter Taai

NSWCIS U15
Thomas Aroyan

NSWCIS U18
Heamasi Makasini
Onitoni Large

*Apologies for any errors.
These kids are weapons

Hi all

Just though id post the U13s, 14s and 15s Wests pathways squads for 2024.
This seasons Harold Matts squad have about 5 or 6 i think it was that are eligible to make the squad for 2025. The rest will move to SG or Laurie Daley Cup (U18s) squads.
This years Andrew Johns Cup (U16s) squad that made the Finals will move into Harold Matts for 2025 and some will go to Laurie Daley for game time. So this Seasons U15s are in the box seat to make the Andrew Johns Cup squad for 2025s campaign.

These 13s 14s and 15s squads have started training together (wednesday nights) and will compete in 3 games in the July school holidays. Last years squads played against Soufs, Parra and Cronulla.

Just going to put this here now!!!!!
The U15s squads are going to be the next generational talent coming through!!!!!!

I have seen most of these kids develop for the last 5 years and their are some of the most gifted and skilled players i have ever seen. It reminds me of the 2022 Harold Matts team that took out the comp.

Bear in mind that Wests have the best depth bar Panthers in NSW with the naming of these squads. Not only have they got the Wests squads, they have also got the Group 6 squads which have been named seperately. And some of these Group 6 U15s are tough! The current U15 Gold grade out here in the District has 5 evenly matched teams. 3 are currently 1st equal and 2 and 2nd equal. Its that tight. They all keep beating each other. Some of these kids in the 15s squads are going to be well known in the next 7 to 10 years. Trust me.

On the flip side the U14s squads in my personal opinion are weak. Unless there are some major growth spurts or rapidly increased skill sets developed then there could be a lull period in depth for the District. In the 13s i havent really seen much footy of them last year (U12s). Anyways, as i said it last year as well, the depth in the District and the talent coming through is massive!!!!! They just need time.

Attachments

• 13s.jpeg
    13s.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 13s G6.jpeg
    13s G6.jpeg
    666.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 14s G6.jpeg
    14s G6.jpeg
    670.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 14s.jpeg
    14s.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 15s G6.jpeg
    15s G6.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 15s.jpeg
    15s.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 3

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hi all

Just though id post the U13s, 14s and 15s Wests pathways squads for 2024.
This seasons Harold Matts squad have about 5 or 6 i think it was that are eligible to make the squad for 2025. The rest will move to SG or Laurie Daley Cup (U18s) squads.
This years Andrew Johns Cup (U16s) squad that made the Finals will move into Harold Matts for 2025 and some will go to Laurie Daley for game time. So this Seasons U15s are in the box seat to make the Andrew Johns Cup squad for 2025s campaign.

These 13s 14s and 15s squads have started training together (wednesday nights) and will compete in 3 games in the July school holidays. Last years squads played against Soufs, Parra and Cronulla.

Just going to put this here now!!!!!
The U15s squads are going to be the next generational talent coming through!!!!!!

I have seen most of these kids develop for the last 5 years and their are some of the most gifted and skilled players i have ever seen. It reminds me of the 2022 Harold Matts team that took out the comp.

Bear in mind that Wests have the best depth bar Panthers in NSW with the naming of these squads. Not only have they got the Wests squads, they have also got the Group 6 squads which have been named seperately. And some of these Group 6 U15s are tough! The current U15 Gold grade out here in the District has 5 evenly matched teams. 3 are currently 1st equal and 2 and 2nd equal. Its that tight. They all keep beating each other. Some of these kids in the 15s squads are going to be well known in the next 7 to 10 years. Trust me.

On the flip side the U14s squads in my personal opinion are weak. Unless there are some major growth spurts or rapidly increased skill sets developed then there could be a lull period in depth for the District. In the 13s i havent really seen much footy of them last year (U12s). Anyways, as i said it last year as well, the depth in the District and the talent coming through is massive!!!!! They just need time.

thanks mate, exciting times. You heard anything more on Large?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great to see Flegg doing well however its kinda become a nothing grade. Any decent 19/20 year old is playing NSW cup, I mean our NSW Cup backline is younger then our Fleggs!

Willett is the only one of side side Youd have NRL expectations for

ALX25

Bench
Congrats to Claudia Brown named in the NSW U19 Women's plus recent NRLW development signed Chelsea Savill & Evie McGrath (both Illawarra Steelers).

Did the club say no to releasing any players for NSW U19 Men's selection?

Last edited:
Hey team

Just thought i would post it here since this is the most common thread i look at when i jump in here.
Reached out to a really good mate who has been in the mix with the Pathways programs at Wests and knows a lot of what is happening behind the scenes there.

I asked hm whats the go with Lachlan, are his Parents trash? is he a spoilt brat or is he just a dumb 18 year old?
He said he is the total opposite to what the media is pertraying him to be, also his Parents are lovely people from the encounters he has had.

I asked whats the go then with all these reports, is he throwing his toys out the cot and not willing to fight to keep his position or does he generally want out

He said Lachlan is a really lovely young kid. Has no ego at all and just wants to learn and absord all the knowledge from the Vets around him. My mate said he cant believe whats being written about him. I asked is it his manager and he said yeah. He is trying to get an upgraded deal even though he just signed a few months ago. Moses believes that now he is in 1st grade he should be entitled to more even though he is in the very early stages of a deal.

We all know Isaac Moses is vermin but Lachlans Parents trust him.

On the flip side, my mate said a few kids want out of their Wests contracts.

Jonas Peni (Half) has been released and signed a 3 year deal with the Roosters
Sonny Edwards Moeke (Half, stand off) has been released and signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks
Aaron Keppie (Hooker, lock) has been released and signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks
Both Large Brothers are unhappy and want out
Haemasi Makasini wants out as well
A couple of others are at crossroads as well

My mate said that this has nothing to do with Wests as a club but more so Pathways Manager Shannon Gallant upsetting Parents and Coaches and interferring where its not wanted and not staying in his lane. To be more specific, he is interfering in team selections and interfering in Coaching structures. This in turn is getting under the skin of the coaches who were appointed to do that job and the flow on affect from that is Parents are becoming pissed that their Kids were being picked to play in some games but due to Shannons interference are being over looked.

My mate didnt specifically say that those were the reasons that the players mentioned above left or wanting to leave but their are alot of Parents disillusioned with what is happening after being promised and presented a totally different picture.

Take is at you will.
I for one are very dissapointed in hearing that after watching most of these kids develop over the years. Especially Jonas, as i know him and his Dad quite well. But i have heard over the last couple of years Gallant has been doing that, its only coming to light now that some Juniors are unhappy after Galvins name has been dragged through the mud. I even was talking to @jrtiger about this exact same thing over a year ago.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hey team

Just thought i would post it here since this is the most common thread i look at when i jump in here.
Reached out to a really good mate who has been in the mix with the Pathways programs at Wests and knows a lot of what is happening behind the scenes there.

I asked hm whats the go with Lachlan, are his Parents trash? is he a spoilt brat or is he just a dumb 18 year old?
He said he is the total opposite to what the media is pertraying him to be, also his Parents are lovely people from the encounters he has had.

I asked whats the go then with all these reports, is he throwing his toys out the cot and not willing to fight to keep his position or does he generally want out

He said Lachlan is a really lovely young kid. Has no ego at all and just wants to learn and absord all the knowledge from the Vets around him. My mate said he cant believe whats being written about him. I asked is it his manager and he said yeah. He is trying to get an upgraded deal even though he just signed a few months ago. Moses believes that now he is in 1st grade he should be entitled to more even though he is in the very early stages of a deal.

Sonny Edwards Moeke (Half, stand off) has been released and signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks
Aaron Keppie (Hooker, lock) has been released and signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks

My mate said that this has nothing to do with Wests as a club but more so Pathways Manager Shannon Gallant upsetting Parents and Coaches and interferring where its not wanted and not staying in his lane. To be more specific, he is interfering in team selections and interfering in Coaching structures. This in turn is getting under the skin of the coaches who were appointed to do that job and the flow on affect from that is Parents are becoming pissed that their Kids were being picked to play in some games but due to Shannons interference are being over looked.

My mate didnt specifically say that those were the reasons that the players mentioned above left or wanting to leave but their are alot of Parents disillusioned with what is happening after being promised and presented a totally different picture.

Take is at you will.
I for one are very dissapointed in hearing that after watching most of these kids develop over the years. Especially Jonas, as i know him and his Dad quite well. But i have heard over the last couple of years Gallant has been doing that, it’s only coming to light now that some Juniors are unhappy after Galvins name has been dragged through the mud. I even was talking to @jrtiger about this exact same thing over a year ago.
Thanks for sharing.
When I was involved with juniors (many years ago) the kids or their parents thought they were generally better than what they were.
It’s a shame, because we lose kids for ego, be it player, parent or management.
But at the end of the day, we can’t keep them all and they see their mates (Gal & Co) getting ahead, and they want the same, I don’t blame them for that.
Not sure what the answer is.
Do you know if the higher ups see these problems?

Nutz

Bench
Hey team

Take is at you will.
I for one are very dissapointed in hearing that after watching most of these kids develop over the years. Especially Jonas, as i know him and his Dad quite well. But i have heard over the last couple of years Gallant has been doing that, its only coming to light now that some Juniors are unhappy after Galvins name has been dragged through the mud. I even was talking to @jrtiger about this exact same thing over a year ago.
Good read mate, you say we have a huge nursery but it's useless if it's not utilized and run properly.
In the defence force a small well organised and cohesive unit can beat an army 10 times it's size that's all over the shop... Spartans come to mind?
Player managers are a necessary evil and have too much power. I don't think there is a way to stop unscrupulous behavior...maybe a draft ststem?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hey team

Take is at you will.

thanks mate appreciate the insight, good news about galvin but devastating about some of the juniors, especially Makasini

jrtiger

Juniors
Hey team

Take is at you will.
hope you’ve been well my brother.

not really a surprise re: Galvin. Moses has always gone to extreme measures to milk every last cent out of clubs and doesn’t care how he has to do it. he’s a good kid that’s being misled. simple as that. no doubt if Penrith and Easts were sniffing around him he’d certainly take notice, but I don’t think his love for the club has diminished in the past four weeks, especially when you look at how much he wants to repay the faith and see the rebuild thru.

the Large’s as far as I was aware are gone to Union, but you saying they “want” out is obviously different to them being “gone”. Makasini is a huge worry as well, but what I will say is the three of them are all due to be full time NRL players in the next couple years, and with that you’d think Gallant will be in the rear view. Richardson won’t cop interference either, and if Tartak, Apex or the families go to him with their concerns, I’m sure they will be dealt with.

that said, any unrest is a worry at the moment given everything that’s currently playing out in the media. shaky times at the minute.

Latest posts