What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF? Footyshow!!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I love the way how these code-hoppers always have some line about pursueing their dreams to become an All Black, Wallaby, fumbleballer etc. Why would someone spend 5+ years becoming a NRL player if their real dream was to play elsewhere in another code? For SBW, surely it would have already been a reality if this was actually the case. He would of played RU as a kid!

Swamp

Well, he probably didnt think he would have the chance to play for the All Blacks (if he really did want to play for them as a kid). But then a professional sporting club (the Bulldogs) show an interest in him and he says to himself "how often do you get an opportunity like this?!!"

I dont have a problem with someone wanting to switch sports, but I have a problem with them walking out mid contract and the governing body of this sport, not actively (seemingly) trying to prevent this. (because of a massive conflict of interest with the owners)

Frailty

First Grade
What I thought was worse was Daryl Brohman getting the kids from the school to kick an AFL ball!

WHAT THE f**k?!!!

Brutus

Referee
I love the way how these code-hoppers always have some line about pursueing their dreams to become an All Black, Wallaby, fumbleballer etc. Why would someone spend 5+ years becoming a NRL player if their real dream was to play elsewhere in another code? For SBW, surely it would have already been a reality if this was actually the case. He would of played RU as a kid!

Swamp

Fully agree.

Why play RL in the first place if being a friggin All Black is your dream???

tkr

Juniors
Sonny Dill is a wanker of the highest order! He f**ked over league in the worst way and these idiots at 9 constantly let him plug himself with every other sport the wanker can play except RL, isn't the footy show a RL show??? :crazy:

I sure don't have any loyalty to SBW and was against the Warriors chasing his services but, Willie Mason had his own hand in SBW decision to leave league. Remember Willie told him (a young kid really) that the Doggies would stay together, loyalty was important, the team would look after one another, and then promptly signed with another team himself? No wonder he got p'd off.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
he isnt eligible until his old bulldogs contract is up at the end of 2012. i hear he is only signing his union contract for 18 months so perhaps he has a view of returning to league after he achieves his "cough" dream of playing for the all blacks.

Sounds good in theory, except that 18 month contract will only take him to the end of 2011. Would still require the Bulldogs to come to the table to have any chance of signing with league straight after.

The sad reality is that Williams signed an 18 month contract that will take him to the World Cup and once the glory hound has had his moment in the sun he'll bugger off to Toulon to reclaim his 6 mil.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I didn't watch it last night but I found the whole situation or promotion quite bazzar and I'm sure it had Weidler's grubby paws all over it.

kkingston

Juniors
Its funny how he thinks that the All Blacks are the world's biggest sporting brand and that 4 billion people will watch the rugby world cup.

nehalem

Juniors
SBW struggled to put a few coherent words together, the guys IQ must be as low as his approval rating.

voltron

Juniors
he probably got the soccer (football) world cup with the rugby world cup
lol
typical of sonny bill

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Its funny how he thinks that the All Blacks are the world's biggest sporting brand and that 4 billion people will watch the rugby world cup.

I burst out laughing at it as well. I would have thought some Premier League, NBA or NFL sides had a little bit more claim to that title.

4 billion people watch it? I'm sure the chinese who take up 1/4 of that really care about union :lol: