What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF was Hayne trying to do????

NumberOne

Juniors
Trying to get the ball down spectacularly instead of just pinning his ears back...I couldn't believe it.

No idea what he was thinking.

MrT

Juniors
Oh you dont think he was running fast enough?
I've seen worse given and only days ago

tresurehunt

Juniors
Trying to get the ball down spectacularly instead of just pinning his ears back...I couldn't believe it.

totally agree , he tries to make everything look spectacular instead of just doing his job.

NumberOne

Juniors
He was probably thinking like you when you started this thread.

That Hayne is a shit merkin
eusa_think.gif
???

bartman

Immortal
Looking at the replays he should have made sure of that grounding.... There was no-one close enough that would have stopped the try if he'd simply aimed one metre in-field and slid to ground the ball.

Still he made the opportunity out of nothing, so I guess it just makes it even that it came to nothing?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What was he thinking?

I mean Ive seen players do that spectacular stuff when its not needed, that Fai Fai Loa player did it and Im surprised Henry didnt give a smack across the ear for doing it. Just what Hayne needed after that.

Bazal

Post Whore
I gotta say, if Hayne was half as good as people here claim he is, we win tonight.

And that is in no way a criticism of Hayne himself, more of the idiots calling him stupid things like "better than Thurston"

Suitman

Post Whore

Fair is fair Hayne deserves the flack he should have played it simple rather than being fancy.

totally agree , he tries to make everything look spectacular instead of just doing his job.

Yep. Really pissed off with what he tried to do.

Just get the job done Jarryd, instead of trying to end up on every highlights reel.
It's a shame that a kid with so much natural talent, feels the need to have to prove it so often.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
You know what Jarryd should be thinking as he runs towards the corner next time ? What would Luke Burt do right now ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
IMO it should have been awarded anyway. Benefit Of The Doubt. The f**king ref looked at the replay 26 times - surely that proves he had doubts?

if we compare it to other times where tries have been given in similar circumstances i feel we got raw dealed. but there's no way he had control, i hate this whole separation shit that they seem to have been basing decisions on the past couple of seasons.

i don't think he intentionally decided to try that super hero effort, he's never tried it before and see no reason why he would start doing that shit now. i think he ran out of room/mistimed his jump/didn't realize how close the chasers were.

Suitman

Post Whore
i don't think he intentionally decided to try that super hero effort, he's never tried it before and see no reason why he would start doing that shit now. i think he ran out of room/mistimed his jump/didn't realize how close the chasers were.

Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity