What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF was Hayne trying to do????

oldmancraigy

Coach
The thing is Burt stuffed up twice at the back yesterday but nothing is said about his game it's like he's a protected specie. Really he made two errors which led to two try's for the storm. I'm confident Hayne would have stopped those trys.

true.

but doesn't mean hayne didn't screw up the put-down!

Mind you: Hayne also laid on a try for us a few minutes later and was the architect of an 18-0 lead.

strider

Post Whore
if we compare it to other times where tries have been given in similar circumstances i feel we got raw dealed. but there's no way he had control, i hate this whole separation shit that they seem to have been basing decisions on the past couple of seasons.

i don't think he intentionally decided to try that super hero effort, he's never tried it before and see no reason why he would start doing that shit now. i think he ran out of room/mistimed his jump/didn't realize how close the chasers were.

Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

I see your "Completely disagree" and raise you a "no, I think Mr Linestepper" is right

I think Jarryd just didn't realise he had enough room to do anything less - he thought the defense was right on him .... he'd run f'n 60m flat out with chasers hot on his heals, was probably tiring, doesn't have eyes in hte back of his head - I think he just did what he thought best but being tired strayed a bit close the the sideline and had to over extend a bit to get it down

as others have said ... that gets given a try 9 times out of 10 this year .... personally I don't think it should be, but it mostly is .... so go figure

strider

Post Whore
The thing is Burt stuffed up twice at the back yesterday but nothing is said about his game it's like he's a protected specie. Really he made two errors which led to two try's for the storm. I'm confident Hayne would have stopped those trys.

WOW! ... great deflection jake! :clap: :lol: .... FFS - I'm sure if we get softon, you and a few others together we can find a reason why jarryd did what he did that is actually burt's fault :lol:

eel01s

Bench
I think Hayne didn't aim for the spectacular put down, I think he just misjudged how close the chasers were and was only trying to ensure he wasn't put into touch.

Sure it ended up looking stupid - but he was going along at full tilt.

Wally21

Bench
This post reeks of Tall Poppy Syndrome.

He buggered it up true. it should have been awarded anyway based on other rulings this year.

but...How would any of you know what he was thinking? Seriously. to accuse him of being a show pony and trying to make it look more spectacular? PLEASE!!

Defensively he was brilliant tonight, he laid on most of our attack, tried his ring out all night and still you all go for the cheap shot...

WOW! ... great deflection jake! :clap: :lol: .... FFS - I'm sure if we get softon, you and a few others together we can find a reason why jarryd did what he did that is actually burt's fault :lol:

Ive said before that Hayne was at fault with his try. Just noting that Burt doesn't cop any flack for the two mistakes.

spiderdan

Bench
Easy to sit at a keyboard and take pot shots about a single player about one play. It isn't the first and won't be the last time a player thInks they are running out of space to put the ball down. In hindsight yes he screwed up but it happens. Hayne will learn from it and I'd rather he screws up in a year like this one where only an unrealistic supporter expects us to do anything than when we are expected to start clicking.

Parra Guru

Coach
Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

This.

And those thinking we should have gotten B.O.D.... what a load of sh*t. Hayne's face said it all, he lost the ball trying to re-invent the wheel as usual. He didn't deserve the reprieve of B.O.D.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This.

And those thinking we should have gotten B.O.D.... what a load of sh*t. Hayne's face said it all, he lost the ball trying to re-invent the wheel as usual. He didn't deserve the reprieve of B.O.D.

100% right. He was upset because his show pony move didn't pay off.

He definitely wasn't upset at all that he didn't score a try - damn you Hayne, you don't even care about that stuff - his face clearly showed that he was upset that he was upset because he didn't reinvent the wheel.

SDM

First Grade
100% right. He was upset because his show pony move didn't pay off.

He definitely wasn't upset at all that he didn't score a try - damn you Hayne, you don't even care about that stuff - his face clearly showed that he was upset that he was upset because he didn't reinvent the wheel.

I agree, that was clearly an expression of personal anguish due to a failed attempt at showmanship. I could not detect on iota of empathy towards his team mates and how this missed opportunity would affect their morale and chances of victory.

dazeely

First Grade
He f**ked up, pure and simple. Build a bridge and let's get over it. Move on.

I'm used to it now. Have been moving on since 1986. Next year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I agree, that was clearly an expression of personal anguish due to a failed attempt at showmanship. I could not detect on iota of empathy towards his team mates and how this missed opportunity would affect their morale and chances of victory.

And he was pretty angry a few minutes later after he put Horo into a gap and it ended up a try.

He was really just trying to get close to the line so he could try his new pole-vault over the crossbar try scoring move - hopefully crushing Billy Slater on the way down (maybe even headbutting him).

You might have seen him in backplay cursing Hicks for not stuffing up.

Gronk

Staff member
Hopefully he will learn from this. Did you see Hindy's face when the camera crossed to him after the NO TRY appeared ? Not happy Jan.

Hindy won't say it publicly, but I can see that he gets frustrated with Hayne. Actually he did let on they other day on the footy show. Bonnie wouldn't participate in the partner challenge so they to got his team mates to answer. On the question of what upsets Hindy the most, Hindy replied "Jeeze, oh I don't know, Jarryd Hayne ?"

SDM

First Grade
And he was pretty angry a few minutes later after he put Horo into a gap and it ended up a try.

He was really just trying to get close to the line so he could try his new pole-vault over the crossbar try scoring move - hopefully crushing Billy Slater on the way down (maybe even headbutting him).

You might have seen him in backplay cursing Hicks for not stuffing up.

:lol:

SDM

First Grade
Hopefully he will learn from this. Did you see Hindy's face when the camera crossed to him after the NO TRY appeared ? Not happy Jan.

Hindy won't say it publicly, but I can see that he gets frustrated with Hayne. Actually he did let on they other day on the footy show. Bonnie wouldn't participate in the partner challenge so they to got his team mates to answer. On the question of what upsets Hindy the most, Hindy replied "Jeeze, oh I don't know, Jarryd Hayne ?"

The bloke has been publicly criticising him and trying to reign him in since 2007. It is always thinly veiled. I love Hindy, and what he puts in for the club, but I feel he is happy lumping the cross all by himself, he wants to be a martyr because he doesn't know how to be a winner.
Put simply, if he isn't enjoying his footy, it is time to give it away.

Gronk

Staff member
The bloke has been publicly criticising him and trying to reign him in since 2007. It is always thinly veiled. I love Hindy, and what he puts in for the club, but I feel he is happy lumping the cross all by himself, he wants to be a martyr because he doesn't know how to be a winner.
Put simply, if he isn't enjoying his footy, it is time to give it away.

Fishing again SDM ?

fishing07.gif

Latest posts