What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE 2k23

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Anyone else get this?

I got it yesterday and jammed a couple of hours.
- GM mode is more fleshed out, now you can compete with upto 3 others (CPU or humans) with more match types included

- War Games has been added which is quite fun. My own experience is the match ends almost instantly after the last person has entered lol

- Interesting roster, the DLC doesn't have much to offer for legend fans other than Steiner brothers. There is Harley Race but i'm hesitant to buy a pack just for one person

- Roster as a legends fan is pretty good. Good to get Angle back, but we've lost Flair. Having the nWo guys in the base game is a huge plus for me. Just missing a few 'rotation' stars as I call them (ones who drop in and out the game) such as DDP, Shamrock, Luger and Road Dogg but overall they've done well. Game includes some that I haven't seen in a while, or played with (I don't get the game every year) so to see Chyna, Sammartino, Helms, Boogeyman, Molly Holly, Stacey Keibler, Lawler are all good for me. I'd love to see some new people in there like Hardcore and Crash Holly, Malenko, Kidman, Juvi etc. I cant comment on the current batch, Wyatt missing but is in DLC, not sure when he returned. New names like Rhodes and LA Knight are good

- Universal mode being able to play as a single superstar is fun too!

Big Pete

Referee
What version of the game did you get @Shaun Hewitt ?

PS4/PS5/PC/XBox Series/Xbone etc?

I've been holding off until I get a next generation console but if the older generation versions are only missing performance and minor graphical differences, I may pick it up around Easter. Was always a huge fan of the video games, but I haven't picked any up since 2K19.

What CAWs are you looking to download?

Trying to stop myself from buying it. I get it every year when it comes out, play it for a couple of months and then never again. I want to wait until it's cheap, but I'm reeeeeally keen to play lol.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What version of the game did you get @Shaun Hewitt ?

PS4/PS5/PC/XBox Series/Xbone etc?

I've been holding off until I get a next generation console but if the older generation versions are only missing performance and minor graphical differences, I may pick it up around Easter. Was always a huge fan of the video games, but I haven't picked any up since 2K19.

What CAWs are you looking to download?

I got in for PS5. I had a voucher from Christmas and I decided to get this.

As for CAWs, so far I've been downloading updated models of current stars. Not very many as I'm more of a casual fan these days but I've downloaded updated alts for Rollins, Dom Mysterio and one other whom I can't put my finger on. I've also downloaded a sweet looking Mandy Rose...and a random Wrath CAW which looks amazing! I'm waiting for a good nWo Randy Savage alt. The game hasn't been out for long so the Community Creations are a bit thin currently

Was jamming universe mode as Scott Hall but got tired of constantly being put in tag matches with random superstars as my partner. I was booked for a PPV against Rated RK-Bro and had Omos as my partner. Nash and Hogan were then as my manager lol. I've also randomly tagged with AJ Styles while having Nash/Hogan at ringside...just don't understand why it's not booking Nash as the partner. It's quite funny as it'll use the nWo trio entrance when Hall goes to the ring, but it looks like Hogan is the focus. Thinking of either disbanding the nWo or going as a different person

I've also started the Cena Showcase. Looks to have some decent unlockables included. First match unlocked RVD who I always feel is fun to play as.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Also 2k have moved their forums to discord. Bleh.
Discord is great for live gaming and content creator communities but I much prefer a forum to maintain proper conversation

I wonder if there is a way to set alt attires as default, either of you managed to do this on previous versions?

nöyd

Staff member
I believe you can, however I changed Cody's trunks and jacket to a different colour on the weekend, he came out without any entrance music and a generic walk. Apparently his music is exclusively to him, so you can't allocate it to any other character or even him if you edit him in any way.

I think I remember a similar issue with Ronda Rousey's theme a game or 2 ago. With what I did on the weekend I'm sure I did see the option to make the edited attires default though.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Pre-ordered 2k24, comes out tomorrow I believe (for standard edition)

Roster this year is REALLY good! and the DLC is AMAZING! Funk, Punk, Dudleys, Sandman, Headbangers, Muta, Luger, DDP, Jimmy Hart, Sherri, Sheik and more.

Universe seems meh, nothing has really changed.

GM mode has had improvements, Showcase looks to be great - centerring around WM obviously

MyFaction has the ability to get more models into the base game as well