What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE No Mercy Thread *Spoilers*

Sanchez

Coach
Already confirmed for WWE No Mercy is a Last Man Standing match between John Cena and Randy Orton for the WWE title. No Mercy 2007 will take place on October 7, 2007 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. The PPV poster features Randy Orton with a sinister look on his face holding a white dove in his hands.

-- It looks like we may see The Undertaker back in the World Heavyweight title picture immediately. Michael Cole and JBL hinted that 'Taker wanted back what was taken from him and The Phenom motioned for the belt around his waist as the PPV went off the air.

-- Another likely match would be Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix in a rematch for the WWE Women's title since Candice got the "upset" win tonight.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192005854

Sanchez

Coach
Triple H vs. Umaga at No Mercy is now confirmed.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192139795
Through his translator Ranjin Singh, former champion The Great Khali has exercised his rematch clause for the World Heavyweight Championship, and the match has been made by General Manager Theodore Long • a Punjabi Prison Match at No Mercy on Sunday, Oct. 7.
The Punjab Giant will look to rebound from his defeat in the Triple Threat Match at Unforgiven, a match which saw Batista’s odyssey to the top of the SmackDown mountain finally capped with gold. But now Batista faces his first major test since claiming the title, from the more than 7-foot monster Khali in one of the most brutal matches in WWE history.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192152704

big pat

Coach
the great khali what a waste of time, should be renamed, the great dud,he has got nothing hhh vs umaga is interesting,i would like to see hhh vs orton could be a good match.

big pat

Coach
to me the cena vs orton and his dad is boring, why not let someone like orton win the title for a while, it might make for interesting viewing,the wwe is on shaky ground at the moment, it needs an injection of new material.

Misanthrope

Staff member
to me the cena vs orton and his dad is boring, why not let someone like orton win the title for a while,

Probably because he's in trouble for his involvement in that online store everyone's been suspended over. The only reason he's not been suspended so far is the fact he's Randy Orton.

big pat

Coach
the problem is the wwe is running out of decent matches for their roster,with everything that is happening they keep repeating matches, and some of them are dull, why else would you keep the great khali going, this guy is the weakest i have ever seen,even the big show was better, the worse thing that happen was booker t walking out, he could at least put on a decent show.all hail king booker, i suppose he will turn up on tna soon.

Sanchez

Coach
During last night’s airing of Friday Night SmackDown on The Score in Canada WWE ran an advertisement for No Mercy where they promoted the main events as John Cena vs. Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing Bout and Batista vs. Undertaker. It is unknown whether WWE changed the main event from Batista/Undertaker to Batista/The Great Khali or if they will be changing the bout to feature Undertaker.
http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/10940

Hurriflatch

Referee
Found this a little bit interesting they have a new preview up on WWE.com for the WWE title match at No Mercy

Preview:
WWE Championship Match
October 7, 2007
No Mercy will represent the end of an era for John Cena and the beginning of a new one for one Superstar as a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

For more than a year, John Cena proudly held the WWE Championship. He turned back all challengers, but an injury brought an end to his nearly 13-month title reign. Cena suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon during a match on Raw. Because of the seriousness of the injury, WWE officials will not allow Cena to compete in his scheduled Last Man Standing Match with Randy Orton at No Mercy, and had no choice but to surrender the title.

Cena’s injury represents a new opportunity for several WWE Superstars. Orton has shown that he will do anything for the WWE Championship. Mr. Kennedy has long said that he is the future of WWE and believes he has a point to prove. And what about Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy, who has received very few WWE Championship opportunities in his career? Or does Cena’s injury represent a new opportunity for a Superstar who is not a member of the Raw locker room?

Details at this time are unclear. One thing is certain, however: There will be a WWE Championship Match this Sunday at No Mercy, and a new WWE Champion will be crowned.

Who will be the next WWE Champion? The only way to find out is to catch No Mercy, live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 8/7 CT. Stay with WWE.com for more updates on No Mercy and the WWE Championship Match as they become available.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nomercy/matches/52672882/preview/

Orton v Kennedy v Hardy v Jericho (*the person outside the RAW locker room) in a fatal 4 way

Big Pete

Referee
So final card?

WWE Championship Match
TBA

World Heavyweight Title Match
Punjabi Prison Match

The Great Kahli vs. Batista

ECW Title Match
Big Daddy V vs. CM Punk (c)

World Tag Team Championships
The Brothers Of Destruction (Taker and Kane) vs. MVP and Matt Hardy (c)

Grudge Match
Triple H vs. Umaga

Grudge Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

Womans Title Match
Beth Phoinex vs. Candice Michelle (c)

*Card is subjected to change*

Big Pete

Referee
Also just reading on Rajah.com I came accross a funny yet interesting tidbit. On an online poll wwe.com asked who'd the fans like to see win the title at No Mercy and currently Val Venis leads the way on 48%.

PARANoIR

Bench
MVP & Hardy v BOD is not on the PPV. It's set for this weeks SD. NOT the PPV.

I've ordered the PPV and I'll be damn pissed if I don't get to see Jericho or Edge. Hell, I'd probably even settle for Michaels. I just want to be shocked.