What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

redvscotty

First Grade
I finally got around to watching SS/Raw, yet to watch NXT tho.

I actually don't find Becky that interesting, and never really got her gimmick in NXT.

Shes an Irish chick who comes out to some punk music and gives the rocker signs and all that, then does some moves and rambles off some Irish English that nobody really gets? Then she went steam punk? why? what? She is a likable woman though but I just never really got the love.

Very good points on what they are doing to the division. It's like Vince has said, 'bring your women up and I will have the say on what they do. I know, we can do six man tag matches, but how about NINE WOMEN TAG MATCHES..$$$$$$$$$'

Seriously, break up the groups and start some f**king story lines. Tamina is not good at all. I can't stand her or Naomi. Summer Rae is garbage too. Lana is probably the hottest woman alive, can she wrestle or purely just a manager?

lafai

Bench
Of the three women called up as part of the so-called Diva's Revolution, I'd argue that Charlotte is the weakest of the three both as a wrestler and as a talker.

She's also the least attractive of the lot. Woof!

Exactly. Her gimmick is copying her fathers moves and mannerisms. She looks like her dad too.

Last edited:

redvscotty

First Grade
I reckon she doesn't look great in ring gear. Normal photos of her seem alright though.

There are worse.

Big Pete

Referee
Charlotte is just the easier woman to get over in this situation, and due to her athleticism and association with Flair, is the easiest opponent to get over for Nikki.

At this time, the other two are better off in other roles. Becky is at her best as a sympathetic underdog, and the Boss is one of the best heels in Pro Wrestling today (well, when she isn't getting involved in Curtain Calls...). Use Charlotte as the centre of the universe, to build those women up and direct the division where it needs to go.

Great post KTF. It highlights how the WWE continue to let themselves down with their insipid booking, and why nobody is as over as they should be. It reminds me a lot of WCW, where there were plenty of good ideas, that were ultimately quashed, so the old guys could continue stinking the joint up.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think we can all agree that the WWE will be in much better hands when Vince finally takes a step back/dies. NXT is what pro-wrestling should be, and it has Triple H's fingerprints all over it.

nöyd

Staff member
would anyone support a divas mitb to see how it goes

no because everyone would expect it to be a spot-fest like the guys and for that to happen one of the girls will likely end up in a wheelchair or worse

I think we can all agree that the WWE will be in much better hands when Vince finally takes a step back/dies. NXT is what pro-wrestling should be, and it has Triple H's fingerprints all over it.

wow dude that's a bit harsh

but 100% true :lol:

Sanchez

Coach
The worst part is them trying to shove feminism down the throat of a predominate 20-30 yo male crowd.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The worst part is them trying to shove feminism down the throat of a predominate 20-30 yo male crowd.

I'd be stunned if anybody in the predominantly male crowd has a problem with women being treated with equality.

Misogynists generally only start getting angry when they are fed the 'women are superior' line. They're not going to object to a bunch of hot girls wrestling one another.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Does anyone see anything of worth in Dana Brooke? Not great looking, average in the ring, awful on the mic. Can't stand her so far tbh.

At least Emma is doing something more worthwhile, even if she is stuck with horrible theme music.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I finally got around to watching SS/Raw, yet to watch NXT tho.

I actually don't find Becky that interesting, and never really got her gimmick in NXT.

Shes an Irish chick who comes out to some punk music and gives the rocker signs and all that, then does some moves and rambles off some Irish English that nobody really gets? Then she went steam punk? why? what? She is a likable woman though but I just never really got the love.

TBH I feel the same way about Paige. Don't dislike her, just don't get the love.

As for Becky, I never liked the rocker thing, but for some reason find that the steam punk thing suits her a lot better. When it comes down to it though she's one of the hottest divas around and can actually wrestle so no complaints here.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tough Enough totally turned me off of Paige.

You can say she was playing a character, but she just came across as very petty and small-minded. She was still the bigger heel on the panel even when The Miz joined, and just comes across as a brat and a bitch. Can't enjoy her as a babyface having seen her behaviour.

At least Emma is doing something more worthwhile, even if she is stuck with horrible theme music.

It sucks what they've done to Emma, the girl is gorgeous and can go in the ring as well (just look at her older matches in NXT). I wonder if she'd still be where she is now if she didn't have that 'stealing' incident last year?

Misanthrope

Staff member
It sucks what they've done to Emma, the girl is gorgeous and can go in the ring as well (just look at her older matches in NXT). I wonder if she'd still be where she is now if she didn't have that 'stealing' incident last year?

Like Adam Rose, her biggest problem was the gimmick she chose for herself. The ditzy dancer gimmick was fun at NXT level, but it was never going to translate over to the main roster. Teaming with Santino was the best she could hope for.

afinalsin666

First Grade
What do you guys think of Braun Stowman?

I'm gonna guess i'm in the minority thinking he's actually fun to watch. He's good on a visceral "holy shit someones gonna die" level. I maybe being sucked into the booking, but i always love a killer monster.

The fact that he looks like Sam "The Slayer" Tarly is the only thing that throws me off, but give him some practice and he should nail the facials. He'll be learning from two of the best creepy f**kers after all.

1.01 odds that Rowan comes back and chucks on a shield vest to even the odds. That's not gonna be pretty.