What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

That would make the most amount of sense. So you think it will be something like...

Team Raw (Kurt Angle & Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Lashley & ??? & ???) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon & Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy & Randy Orton & The Miz).

I would be surprised if they went in that direction with SmackDown, given the hostility between Rey, Jeff and Randy. I could see Jeff & Randy being taken out of the match, Daniel Bryan being thrown in and having to co-exist with The Miz and they may throw Joe a bone.

Thankfully this will all be done and dusted in a few weeks, I hate how so many storylines get put on hold for some A-Show rubbish. Storylines like Seth & Dean should be heating not being left to simmer. Bryan & Miz working together will be interesting if nothing else, the 5 v 5 matches are always good for the wrestling even if they are ridiculously overbooked.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Survivor Series is typically my third favorite main roster PPV only behind the Rumble and WrestleMania.

Now it's kind of paired with NXT War Games, it makes for one exciting weekend!

Survivor Series is typically my third favorite main roster PPV only behind the Rumble and WrestleMania.

Now it's kind of paired with NXT War Games, it makes for one exciting weekend!

I enjoy the show itself, but much like MITB I despise the fact that every other storyline gets put on hold for this show. I would rather a Raw 5v5 match for control of the show (Corbin vs Angle), and something on SD too with Miz vs Shane due to the fallout of the world cup, rather than some non-cannon stories.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I enjoy the show itself, but much like MITB I despise the fact that every other storyline gets put on hold for this show. I would rather a Raw 5v5 match for control of the show (Corbin vs Angle), and something on SD too with Miz vs Shane due to the fallout of the world cup, rather than some non-cannon stories.

I agree 100%

We've seen the 'which brand is better' narrative before. First time fine, heck once every few years I can deal with. But not as a yearly angle. You're completely right. I haven't really watched the product recently to come up with an angle for it, but I'm sure something more original than RAW vs SD can happen

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well, right off the bat you could have wrestlers complain that Shane o Mac isn't the best in the world, thus Shane makes a team and a host of Smackdown wrestlers go against him.

Valheru

Coach
If they are going to have RAW v Smackdown as a yearly feature at survivor series, they need to have something tangible at stake.

Perhaps the 30th entrance in the Royal Rumble or the main event slot at wrestlemania...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
If they are going to have RAW v Smackdown as a yearly feature at survivor series, they need to have something tangible at stake.

Perhaps the 30th entrance in the Royal Rumble or the main event slot at wrestlemania...
The 30th entrant is getting done through the mixed match challenge.

If Becky isn’t the hottest product in the business right now, i’d love to know what is, she has pushed herself to a level not many people on the roster past and present could do.

I agree 100%

We've seen the 'which brand is better' narrative before. First time fine, heck once every few years I can deal with. But not as a yearly angle. You're completely right. I haven't really watched the product recently to come up with an angle for it, but I'm sure something more original than RAW vs SD can happen

Basically last year when Smackdown invaded Raw they did it as good as they ever could (although Raw "surprising" them on the go home with the retaliation was stupid). You can easily do a story with team Miz vs team Shane over the WC debacle, with a swerve at the end (Shane heel turn and joining Miz over Bryan). Raw has a ready made story with Angle vs Corbin for control of the show.

Look at the Seth vs Dean story, which is supposed to be the big thing at the moment, it is completely stifled by a pointless Seth vs Nakamura match. As I said, the wrestling itself will be good, but the burden on the current storylines is always a drag. If you are watching the show in a vacuum then it's definitely worth it.

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't see that coming.

I wonder if it was a last minute scramble after the Nia Jax/Becky Lynch business? Try to make it up to the fans by shaking up the card and giving us a match we thought we'd never see? I can't say Heel Bryan was the way I wanted to see him face off against Brock, but it's better than nothing. If I couldn't get Brock/AJ II, Brock/Bryan was always going to be a huge upgrade.

Charlotte is also set to replace Becky, which is good news since Ronda/Charlotte at Wrestlemania didn't feel right. Especially not after the whole deal with Carmella.

Carmella is a really hard worker and the WWE documentary about her won me over. However the timing of her cash-in couldn't have been worse. It effectively killed Charlotte and Asuka in one go.

mackdadday

Juniors
Ho ho that is why i want Smackdown pyjamas! Angry troll is back! In my opinion is just as good as an angry troll as a hero so i think its going to be an entertaining run.

I hope they don't feed Charlotte to Rousey. Without Charlotte being the crazy spot monkey and seller she is there isn't half the reaction that Becky is getting now. Charlotte is probably the only wrestler on either female wrestler that can put on a worthy main event at wrestlemania.

Bryan's heel turn is a good call in my opinion, they haven't recaptured the magic of his last active run, why not mix it up a bit? After his mediocre angle with Miz he didn't really have a lot to do. I had a feeling we were heading towards a Miz face turn, imagine Wrestlemania has a face Miz vs heel Bryan match.....nobody would have called that a year ago.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Do yourselves a favour and watch Takeover, Besides the 10 second Riddle Match, the show was fantastic.

Black is a fantastic worker, and very unique hopefully he gets a chance to showcase that on the main roster.

mackdadday

Juniors
Takeover was another roaring success. War games was shakespearian and the world title match was great too. Not a big fan of Black though. I think we have way too much kicking in wrestling nowadays..

Now..hoping for an nxt call up to the smackdowns womans team tomorrow at SS. Sane seems the obvious choice after War Games although Bel Air would fill the role nicely.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Takeover was another roaring success. War games was shakespearian and the world title match was great too. Not a big fan of Black though. I think we have way too much kicking in wrestling nowadays..

Now..hoping for an nxt call up to the smackdowns womans team tomorrow at SS. Sane seems the obvious choice after War Games although Bel Air would fill the role nicely.

War Games delivered big time!

I think it will be Nikki Cross though.
You'll probably find Sane and possibly Bel Air go up post Mania

nöyd

Staff member
Been a while since I've seen an ass kickin' like that, granted it happened after the bell but f**k me that was savage from Charlotte.

What a performance from Charlotte & Rousey, made both of them look a million bucks, Charlotte as a savage heel & Rousey as a badass baby face. I know Becky is white hot, but I could go round 2 Rhonda vs Charlotte round 2 at Mania. Just turn Asuka heel and have Asuka vs Becky on the SD side of things and you've got two proper ladies matches at Mania.

The rest of the show:
Tag teams on the pre-show proved they deserve more love
Womens match was decent I guess, Nia has got some nuclear heat on her now, even if she got it the wrong way she at least is capitalising on it
Shinsuke vs Seth was good, but a tad uneventful (where was Dean)
Cruiserweights also showed why they deserve more love
Mens match made the SD team look hopeless, Raw demolished them whilst infighting, why?
AOP vs The Bar was very good, although the ending was completely idiotic and made the Bar look moronic
Charlotte vs Rousey see above
Bryan vs Brock was a tad uncomfortable but a good match all the same. Heel vs Heel rarely works in the main event.

mackdadday

Juniors
What a lovely weekend of wrestling!

-Charlotte was brutal in a very good way. She can take anyone to a great match. Star of the show for sure.
-Shane O Mac was hilarious suffering through his torments.
-Daniel Bryan and Brock was much better than expected although why oh why not put over Brian?
-Nia certainly has that please just f**k off kind of heat where she is being booed for being a spaz not because shes evil.
-Very disappointed not to see a call up for the smackdowns womens team even if it was a one off like they did for nicki a few weeks ago. Also why announce call ups like Lars when they could leave the shock factor for having him show up out of the blue? Hopefully he will be on smackdown as they are a land without giants right now and hed likely be lost in the waste lands of RAW.

-Despite the 6-0 drubbing Smackdown still obviously has a lot more going on.

Latest posts