What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

nöyd

Staff member
not minding the Evolution ppv, but FMD - will Beth Phoenix actually take a breath, she just doesn't STFU

first time seeing Toni Storm - looks the goods.

Considering Stephanie McMahon wants you to believe she invented women's wrestling about 3 years ago this historic event that was historic was so downplayed, yet the wrestling on the show was very good. Seems weird that they downplay this event yet are hyping up the trip to Saudi Arabia at this point in time.

___

Juniors
Considering Stephanie McMahon wants you to believe she invented women's wrestling about 3 years ago this historic event that was historic was so downplayed, yet the wrestling on the show was very good. Seems weird that they downplay this event yet are hyping up the trip to Saudi Arabia at this point in time.
They stand to make more money from Saudi Arabia - that's why. $60,000,000 IIRC. Yet the Saudi's do not take too nicely to women wrestling - they clash. It was a business decision. The PPV itself was not worth watching though, the card was poor. As much as you can expect from a women-only PPV.

They stand to make more money from Saudi Arabia - that's why. $60,000,000 IIRC. Yet the Saudi's do not take too nicely to women wrestling - they clash. It was a business decision. The PPV itself was not worth watching though, the card was poor. As much as you can expect from a women-only PPV.

Just seems a tad hypocritical for the WWE to hype up their women's evolution then not even a week later going and doing a show in Saudi Arabia where the women are not welcome. Never mind the rest of the political mess going on - I am surprised only Cena and Bryan have opted out - although DB may still end up going. Have to say my respect for Cena has grown a lot over the past week.

___

Juniors
Just seems a tad hypocritical for the WWE to hype up their women's evolution then not even a week later going and doing a show in Saudi Arabia where the women are not welcome. Never mind the rest of the political mess going on - I am surprised only Cena and Bryan have opted out - although DB may still end up going. Have to say my respect for Cena has grown a lot over the past week.
I don't understand why Cena pulled out. Earlier this year when he went there he said how much of an honor it was to wrestle and entertain them. I wonder what changed.

nöyd

Staff member
I don't understand why Cena pulled out. Earlier this year when he went there he said how much of an honor it was to wrestle and entertain them. I wonder what changed.
many believe he is playing hollywood politics

apparently his star is on the rise with producers and casting agents to star in some big money movies, however all that can be jeopardised dramatically should he choose to go to SA after what has gone on lately.

Tigers1986

Juniors
So Brock is champion again. Yawn.

I'm just focusing on NXT and NXT UK until the rumble. The main roster sh*ts me.

Big Pete

Referee
Surely the switcheroo was something of an angle leading into Survivor Series and the inevitable A-Show storyline crap. Either that or this was their way of giving the fans a middle finger who said they should cancel the show.

Yeah that seems like the likely route given they have two weeks to hype up the Raw vs. SmackDown storyline for Survivor Series.

May as well do a storyline and make some use out of an otherwise worthless title. Did anyone give a damn that Braun Strowman won the greatest Royal Rumble?

blaza88z

Coach
I still can't believe Shane McMahon won that tournament, I haven't laughed that hard in a good while.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Ohh dear lord.
Have just got the run down
Brock is champ again, Shane is winner of the World Cup.

Wow.

I mean, of all the talent they have on Raw - Braun, Finn, Seth, Drew, Lashley,Roode etc they go to a part timer who barely shows up that fairly recently dropped the belt after a long title hold. So...the Universal title will again be....absent? or lost? Could it be just a ploy to give it to Braun or someone else on a bigger stage?

World Cup which was what? 7/8ths American? Miz or Dolph could have done wonders for their characters. Rey was the lovable favorite. I'm glad Angle didn't win, but deary me!

Yeah that seems like the likely route given they have two weeks to hype up the Raw vs. SmackDown storyline for Survivor Series.

May as well do a storyline and make some use out of an otherwise worthless title. Did anyone give a damn that Braun Strowman won the greatest Royal Rumble?

Best of putting it on Shane. I buy into a lot of the YouTube commentators beliefs that the show was so toxic that they want to get it done, take their money and forget about it. Putting it on Shane means the tagline can be forgotten about, whereas had someone like Miz won, then every week he would remind us he won the tournament.......in Saudi Arabia.

I do get the sense though that the 8 guys in the tournament plus the two GMs will make up the 5 man teams. Obviously Seth will drop out to do a champion vs champion match, but of the 8 guys I would expect about 6 of them to make up that match.

Big Pete

Referee
That would make the most amount of sense. So you think it will be something like...

Team Raw (Kurt Angle & Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Lashley & ??? & ???) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon & Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy & Randy Orton & The Miz).

I would be surprised if they went in that direction with SmackDown, given the hostility between Rey, Jeff and Randy. I could see Jeff & Randy being taken out of the match, Daniel Bryan being thrown in and having to co-exist with The Miz and they may throw Joe a bone.

Latest posts