What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'm half tempted to sign back for the network purely for Taker/Goldberg....even at this stage of their careers.

Taker will win though, another WWE vs WCW type match. They'll protect Taker, plus Taker is more likely to carry on making sporadic appearances.

We'll probably see 15 minutes of entrances followed by a couple of very bad minutes .....stare down, wild punches, awkward movement around the ring until taker gets whipped to the corner, spear. Sit up, Goldberg goes to Jackhammer, but is reversed into a tombstone. 1.2.3 Yet, I want to watch it in all its glory.

mackdadday

Juniors
I'm half tempted to sign back for the network purely for Taker/Goldberg....even at this stage of their careers.

Taker will win though, another WWE vs WCW type match. They'll protect Taker, plus Taker is more likely to carry on making sporadic appearances.

We'll probably see 15 minutes of entrances followed by a couple of very bad minutes .....stare down, wild punches, awkward movement around the ring until taker gets whipped to the corner, spear. Sit up, Goldberg goes to Jackhammer, but is reversed into a tombstone. 1.2.3 Yet, I want to watch it in all its glory.

l watch Taker matches these days like a mum watching her leper child ice skating..just hope they get it through it ok.

azzah72

Bench
It was unfortunate.

I actually think they were building to something respectable enough until goldberg knocked himself loopy.

From there it was a car crash.

Poor blokes.

Take the sweet Saudi money and stay away gents. You're done.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well I watched the highlights.

Match looked to be okay upto a point, then it turned into a car crash. I'd be honestly surprised if both of them came out without some form of injury. Goldberg must have a concussion after that and how Taker could have carried on after that Jackhammer..

I wonder if Goldbergs bumps were the reason for the failed Jackhammer.

I love them both, but I don't want to see either of them wrestle again

Goldberg in his prime could barely go more than 5 minutes, putting him in the ring for 10 with a 60 year old Undertaker is insanity.

Looking back to last year, it makes me really appreciate the Taker/Cena squash match - gave a memorable match and a big moment, without ruining it by having it go too long or trying to have guys do something they can't.

bileduct

Coach
Well I watched the highlights.

Match looked to be okay upto a point, then it turned into a car crash. I'd be honestly surprised if both of them came out without some form of injury. Goldberg must have a concussion after that and how Taker could have carried on after that Jackhammer..

I wonder if Goldbergs bumps were the reason for the failed Jackhammer.

I love them both, but I don't want to see either of them wrestle again
Goldberg clearly suffered from a bad concussion. He took a long time to ready himself at various moments of the match. The concussion was undoubtedly the reason for the failed Jackhammer.

That said, the failed Jackhammer wasn't as bad as Undertaker tombstoning Goldberg directly on his head.

Last edited:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yeah, I've recently seen footage of Goldberg collapsing after the match.
I love Goldberg, and still think had he not been concussed then the match would have been pretty good (it was up until the ring post hit)

Taker was also limping around showing his age.

Goldberg is a man I mark out for, Taker the best man in the business. I just hope that there's no long term damage.

The lack of build up was also a disgrace. The occasion, well I guess you can say it was the Saudi dollars...but surely a Goldberg Vs Taker should have a proper build (more than a week) and actually have a story line to it.

Also, now where does it leave these two? On one hand, I'd hate for this to be their last match. Both men deserve better, yet at the same time I'd be extremely hesitant to see either back in the ring because I don't want either to get hurt again, watching them wrestle now is uncomfortable.

Sad thing is, WWE has kinda turned in WCW in that they are relying on the wrong people to move them forward.

Triple H got what, a 20 minute match? Shane bet Reigns., yes SHANE MCMAHON bet the guy that's been pushed harder than 2005/2006 Cena Mk II.
Taker has had how many matches? Man should have stopped once the streak was broken...speaking of Lesnar, what a waste of a MITB. You had a field of wrestlers, any of which could have benefited from the MITB. Instead they give it to a bloke who barely showed up as champion, unsure if he'll go back to UFC and quite frankly doesn't need that win. What's made it even worse, is they've booked him like an idiot, not even knowing the terms of the briefcase!....I don't get it
Imagine what winning the MITB could have done for someone like Ali or Andrade. It's a natural progression step for Drew, ala Edge.

Given now, the potential (yes I will still say potential at this stage) of AEW, you need to be really firing on all cylinders When you have a main roster that includes Ajay, Seth, Drew, Finn, Braun, Andrade, Ali, Shinsuke, Owens, Bryan, Cesaro, Lashley, heck even Black you can base a show around, and that's not even bringing into account the likes of the womens division or tag team (although that's probably for the better the latter). And I hadn't even mentioned Kofi yet.....there shouldn't be any reason for these sporadic legend appearances, or if they are deemed necessary (and there is a level of fan service) then do it properly, I'd suggest no one over the age of 50, and limited to Royal Rumble appearances or at least something with a decent build (see Goldberg vs Lesnar during Goldbergs last run)

Big Pete

Referee
Monday Night Raw June 17th 2019

Seth Rollins def. Daniel Bryan
The New Day def. Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Owens and Zayn turned on Corbin during the match.
Ricochet def. The Miz, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley and Cesaro to earn a US Championship shot at Stomping Grounds
The Iiconics retained against Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss
The Usos def. The Good Brothers
The Viking Raiders def. Russ & Randy Taylor

Stomping Grounds is shaping up as one of the worst PPVs of all-time. Rollins-Corbin, Kingston-Ziggler, Reigns-McIntyre etc. are all really predictibe match-ups and the card is lacking anything resembling a draw. Considering what it had to do, Raw was actually an enjoyable enough show that was easy enough to follow along with. The Rollins and Shane McMahon storylines gave lesser characters like Elias, EC3, Eric Young, Heath Slater etc. screen time and most of the matches on the card had a reason to exist beyond just being a wrestling show.

It was like watching a good episode of Nitro in 2000. It still wasn't a great episode by any means, but if they continue in that vein, it would actually be a good television show.

Monday Night Raw June 17th 2019

Seth Rollins def. Daniel Bryan
The New Day def. Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Owens and Zayn turned on Corbin during the match.
Ricochet def. The Miz, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley and Cesaro to earn a US Championship shot at Stomping Grounds
The Iiconics retained against Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss
The Usos def. The Good Brothers
The Viking Raiders def. Russ & Randy Taylor

Stomping Grounds is shaping up as one of the worst PPVs of all-time. Rollins-Corbin, Kingston-Ziggler, Reigns-McIntyre etc. are all really predictibe match-ups and the card is lacking anything resembling a draw. Considering what it had to do, Raw was actually an enjoyable enough show that was easy enough to follow along with. The Rollins and Shane McMahon storylines gave lesser characters like Elias, EC3, Eric Young, Heath Slater etc. screen time and most of the matches on the card had a reason to exist beyond just being a wrestling show.

It was like watching a good episode of Nitro in 2000. It still wasn't a great episode by any means, but if they continue in that vein, it would actually be a good television show.

Yeh agree, it was better than anything they’ve fished up for a while but it still was shite in many ways

The wildcard thing is so convoluted and hard to follow, surely they kill it. It’s got wrestle shit top 10 written all over it

The problem with the W/C rule is it means the talent the draft split is meant to get on TV doesn't get on TV, because all the airtime is taken up by the top of the card. When was the last time Mustafa Ali got any TV time? He was penciled in to win the title of Bryan before he got injured.

Big Pete

Referee
WWE Stomping Grounds 2019
Seth Rollins retained the Universal Championship against Baron Corbin. Lacey Evans was the special guest referee and Becky Lynch got involved.

Kofi Kingston retained the WWE Championship against Dolph Ziggler.

Roman Reigns defeated Drew McIntyre

Becky Lynch retained the Raw Women's Championship against Lacey Evans

Bayley retained the SmackDown's Women's Championship against Alexa Bliss

Rowan and The New Daniel Bryan retained the SmackDown Tag Team Championship against Heavy Machinary.

Ricochet defeated Samoa Joe to win the US Championship.

Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens defeated The New Day

Drew Gulak defeated Akira Tozawa and Tony Nese to win the Cruiserweight Championship on the pre-show.

Pretty forgettable stuff, even by WWE standards, they're in a holding pattern until SummerSlam. The only match I caught was Becky Lynch and Lacey Evans and the match just never found a rhyme or rhythm. There were a couple of nice spots, one in particular where Lacey bent Becky by her hair and legs around the ring-post which looked nasty but it just seemed hard to follow.

I heard the pre-show Cruiserweight match was the best match of the show and that happened on the pre-show.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
So...Taker and Reigns to tag against Shane and Drew.

Another match which doesn't excite me.
Taker/Reigns win really doesn't give them credibility as one of their opponents is Shane. I really, REALLY wish they'd stop booking him in matches, he's not a wrestler. He shouldn't be beating Reigns, he shouldn't have been facing Taker at WM. Stop.

If Shane/Drew wins...come on. Really?

I can only assume they've booked this so Reigns/Taker will win and Taker can ride off into the sunset after that horror match with Goldberg and they can hide him behind Reigns. Taker to come in and do all his signature moves and that's it.