What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Wato

Juniors
Wonder how they will handle reigns in the draft now? Can't see Ambrose dropping the belt now and if reigns is at battleground I think he will take the pin.

Wato

Juniors
I am not a huge Reigns fan, I prefer Rollins and Ambrose as champ but I don't get these you can't wrestle chants. It's not his ring work that is the issue its his promos and character development that have stooped people from investing in him like they have Rollins and Ambrose.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, he's a more than passable worker who - while not able to carry crap to good matches - can certainly be carried to greatness.

Cena gets those same chants, and he actually is capable of carrying bad wrestlers to enjoyable matches.

Valheru

Coach
I am not a huge Reigns fan, I prefer Rollins and Ambrose as champ but I don't get these you can't wrestle chants. It's not his ring work that is the issue its his promos and character development that have stooped people from investing in him like they have Rollins and Ambrose.

It's not even that. At the 2014 royal rumble he was the 2nd hottest face in the company behind daniel bryan and the crowd were willing him to win that match.

When 2015 came around every man and his dog knew they were going to pull the trigger on reigns but there was one issue with that, wrestling fans had a sook because daniel.bryan didn't win. From there it became cool to boo him for no apparent reason and the WWE have booked him woefully since.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's weird because Roman is a better worker than Ambrose so...

He's really not. Ambrose's independent work was infinitely better than what he's being (I assume) forced to do in the WWE. It doesn't help that his recent feuds have been with a clunky Jericho and Lesnar, whom he was basically fed to.

It's not even that. At the 2014 royal rumble he was the 2nd hottest face in the company behind daniel bryan and the crowd were willing him to win that match.

When 2015 came around every man and his dog knew they were going to pull the trigger on reigns but there was one issue with that, wrestling fans had a sook because daniel.bryan didn't win. From there it became cool to boo him for no apparent reason and the WWE have booked him woefully since.

#2 face is debateable. He got white hot heat because it was 'anybody but Bootista'.

lafai

Bench
He's really not. Ambrose's independent work was infinitely better than what he's being (I assume) forced to do in the WWE. It doesn't help that his recent feuds have been with a clunky Jericho and Lesnar, whom he was basically fed to.

#2 face is debateable. He got white hot heat because it was 'anybody but Bootista'.

He did have a good match with Trips (something Reigns couldn't do) but what other good matches has he had this year?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Anyone who watched him as Moxley will assure you he is 2x better than Reigns in the ring... Look up Tyler Black if you want to see some else whos moveset has been held back.

Wato

Juniors
He did have a good match with Trips (something Reigns couldn't do) but what other good matches has he had this year?

He had a pretty good match with Owens at the rumble. His also had some good matches with Rollins their lumberjack and hell in a cell match stands out but I would agree even as a big Ambrose fan he has not had that one definitively great match yet. If you had to pick his best match in WWE I would probably say it is the triple h match at roadblock.

Evil_Mush

Juniors

Fans were booing him before the 2015 Rumble, but that was where it really became a full crowd thing. And it wasn't just because Daniel Bryan didn't win (though that was a surefire way to piss people off), as you may recall most crowd favourites (the likes of Ambrose, Ziggler & Sandow) got really positive reactions when they came out, then were unceremoniously dumped in the most unentertaining of ways.

Quick google found this reddit page which sums up the road to BOOROMANBOO quite nicely :

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir..._actual_sequence_of_events_that_led_to_roman/

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think Bryan had anything to do with it. People were starting to turn on Reigns while Bryan was out injured.

For me it started with the cartoon shit he started doing (cocking his fist like a shotgun for example) and his promo work made worse by some atrocious one liners and comedy spots in an attempt to make him the "cool" guy rather than just letting him be a badass. They tried to manufacture the next Rock and it backfired.

From there what happened was the audience said "we don't want this guy' the WWE said "you're getting this guy" and Reigns found himself in the middle. I still believe that the majority of the booing started because the fans were voicing their displeasure at creative rather than what Reigns was doing as an individual.