What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Survivor Series 2011 *SPOILERS*

Big Pete

Referee
I like the MSG crowd. They seem to have a lot of fun and will chant whatever they feel like.

I still have to watch the show but these are the impressions I've received.

Ziggler/Morrison was a good match.

Eve/Phoinex was a typical diva match with a cool finish spot.

The SS match sucked but Rhodes was over huge.

Henry and Show was the weakest of their series and just as the crowd was won over it ended poorly.

Punk and Del Rio started poorly but was saved by the finish.

Rocky Pebbles had a couple of fun spots but the anti-climatic finish hurt it. The ending seemed really strange with The Rock basically making Cena his b***h.

Will have to check it out for myself.

bender

Juniors
I dont really bother to watch any wrestling any more (never thought i would say that), but this was easily the best wwe show i have seen in agest (wrestlemania and Rumbles not included). It actually had a bit of a wrestlemania feel.

Some random comments:

Ziggler Morrison was a good match between two of the better new age rule.

Beth Phoenix did well for a womens match, I hope they dont think about taking the title off her unless Trish stratus, Lita, Chyna or Awesome Kong, Or maybe in a year or so Natalya get a match.

The Survivor series was a good survivor series match up, where the extra man actually meant something for once. Special mention to Commentary for giving Randy Ortons Survivor series record a big enough plug to make us think he would be sole survivor and well done on the finish in maintaining that thought without compromising the integrity of the man to man advantage.

Big Show vs Henry. You have to give it to Big Show, he is underated. A great gimmick, and he could even make a match with Mark Henry seem epic. in the end. Admittedly, i didnt see their earlier fights, but this one went down quite good. It got a little slow for obvious reasons but you cant watch the modern super flips all day long. It was a good match and the after match assaults made up for the dreadful finish. Why in the world they would ever think it is a good idea to let someone kick out of a Big Show Macho man Savage Elbow is beyond me. It should have been pushed as the most unbeatable move in history.

Punk Vs Del Rio was a surprisingly good match for me. The guest appearance by the Fink was awesome and for Punk to win a world title by submission with side headlock is better than a leg drop or peoples elbow. Hopefully he uses an abdominable stretch next time.

Finally the main event, the Rock is easilly the best around at the moment, better than Hulk Hogan even. Cena is a bit ordinary with the laugh at the crowd routine, but to be honest not much else he can do if they arent at least going to let him attack the rock. I really hope they throw a curve ball at wrestlemania, and let the Rock go over clean instead of passing the torch. Either that or have Austin or Hogan make an unannounced appearance in his corner and interefere to give him the win. It is the only way he will ever get over against the rock. R Truth who I never previously liked was actually great in and out of the ring, while the Miz continues to be the next real superstar in waitining in my opinion. I even liked the Matt striker business. The fact that for once you didnt know who would win due to the likely split and the fact that they worked a simple tag match, made it probably the best main event tag team match in history (that i can remember).

And finally, I havent watched lately, but is booker T always that good on commentary, He brings back a focus on the actual wrestling and making it believable and not story book commentating is the best i have seen since Gorilla monsoon and Lord Alfred Hayes. In fact, he actually made Lawler and Cole seem more than just watchable but actually good. I hope they keep him for a long time.

afinalsin666

First Grade
5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just looking at the card and lead up to this ppv, seemed so boring. You can't have 2 slow fat bastards in a main event

Valheru

Coach
It was an ok show but I didn’t expect it to be any better

Ziggler/Morrisson was good. This Ziggler Ryder thing is really building and would make a good mania match if built properly. I expect Ziggler to win one of the MITB matches next year.

Phoenix/Eve was typical divas. The lumberjills did nothing and the only good part was the finish.

I am stoked that team Barrett won the survivor series match. I was fully expecting Orton to be the sole survivor once Sheamus got disqualified.

Show/Henry was ok. The feud should have finished last night but looks like we will get one more match at TLC (In a tables match I suspect)

Punk/Del Rio was pretty good. It looks like Punk won’t be winning the rumble though, which leaves me stumped as to who will win. Cody Rhodes may just be the favourite now.

Rock/Cena V Awesome Truth was exactly what I expected. The Rock worked off some ring rust and Cena spent most of the time in the ring. I am ok with the match/finish EXCEPT that Rock should have been the one to eat Cena’s finisher.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Rock/Cena V Awesome Truth was exactly what I expected. The Rock worked off some ring rust and Cena spent most of the time in the ring. I am ok with the match/finish EXCEPT that Rock should have been the one to eat Cena’s finisher.
Let's be sure of ONE thing... the great one will NEVER EVER EVER eat fruity pebbles ;)

th_th117015_The-Rock-Rock-Bottom-2.gif

Latest posts