What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2015

Big Pete

Referee
WWE TLC
TD Garden, Boston Massachusetts
December 14th (Australian/NZ Date)

WWE TLC Championship Match
Roman Reigns vs Sheamus (c)

Intercontinental Championship Match
Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens (c)

Triple Threat Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos vs The Lucha Dragons vs The New Day (c)

Diva's Championship
Paige vs Charlotte

Tag Team Elimination Tables Match
The Dudley Boyz & Tommy Dreamer & Rhyno vs The Wyatt Family

US Championship Match
Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio (c)

Rusev vs Ryback

Big Pete

Referee
Final show of the year and as forgettable as the television has been, the show itself looks watchable.

There's four matches on the card worth watching - the main event, the intercontinental championship match, the ladder match and the tables match. I doubt there will be any MotY contenders or anything like that, but as far as spectacles go, I'm sure something will deliver.

Even the underneath matches look decent. I agree with Austin that the diva's are typically the only workers actually going out of their way to make something look like a fight instead of a 'your turn my turn' masturbatory stuff which is far too common in modern wrestling. Ryback/Rusev will most likely suck ass but both guys have shown they can work a good hoss match when they're on song, so fingers crossed. Then finally we've got a Wrestlemania 29 rematch between Swagger/Del Rio. I'm sure it will get next to no heat but really there's no reason why these two can't at least put on a solid match. Del Rio is a good ring general and Swagger can do his part when he isn't going through the motions.

I think it's time the WWE pull the trigger on Roman. I still think he should have gone over huge at Survivor Series but they can't afford to yank the chain on him again. Give him the belt and set up a few potential Mania programs to give the Rumble some suspense. The League of Nations can go the way of the Corre, leaving Sheamus/Barrett to bolster the tag division.

lafai

Bench
Sheamus will retain by Roman climbing up the ladder unchallenged then out of nowhere Rusev shows up and attacks Reigns. Rumble winner will be Roman or Lesnar (Cena and Taker the other guys with a chance I think)

Gina Minehart

Juniors
God, I have the network so will watch this tomorrow night but I'm not getting wood over the card

Looking forward to seeing rhyno tear things up, KO vs Amrbose and perhaps the new day match. The rest of the card is shit house. Ryback vs Rusev. Fmd. Reigns v Sheamus....zzzzz

I hope someone interesting returns to spice things up. Would love to see reigns injured pre match, RVD subs in and wins the strap. Or Bryan, or CM Punk. Or at least 20 other names I can think of

lafai

Bench
I know Vince was having a mad wank when the crowd was chanting Thank you Roman :lol: They will try anything to get him over.

Congrats to Ambrose, the only unpredictable win of the night. He deserves to be WWE Champ but that's another story for another time. Anyways who will he verse next? Rusev? Barrett?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sounds like the only match I should be bothered checking out is the tag title match. Glad the right team went over there, although I wouldn't have hated a Lucha Dragons run at the top.

Rest seems fairly missable.

ggmu

Juniors
Yeah tag match was great. Glad New Day won but wouls have been ok with a Lucha Dragons win. Just not the Usos ever please

Parra Pride

Coach
I was dreading the Usos going over in the tag match, so was pleasantly surprised to see The New Day retain. I was conflicted in the Ambrose/Owens match, as I like both guys, but was happy to see Ambrose go over for once in a title match.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Just finished watching it

What a turd. An absolute rock solid turd. A turd that'd you struggle to get out through your ass with a bottle of lube

The tag team titles match was the only thing worth watching. The high spot off the ladder that sin cara (I think) did is a must watch. Amazing

What pissed me off was the stupid lack of selling. Swagger had del rio in an ankle breaker with a chair for a minute..del rio gets out of the ring and walks normally. f**king horrible. You also had sheamus allegedly stuff his arm and then he tries to powerbomb reigns 5secs later. Fmd. The commentary was horrid as well, they clearly didn't give a shit and were being forced to oversell everything. And Paige was the second last match? Good way to kill a crowd, monkeys

Run down of card

Tag - good match, easily match of the night
Del rio - pretty woeful. Del rio has lost his character
Rusev - yawn, shit, tea break
Ecw tag - made this ecw guys look like dweebs. Good to get the wyatt family over but it looked silly. Geez rhyno is fat
Ambrose/Owen - a few good spots but way too quick a match
Paige - fast forward
Reigns/sheamus - ok match but horrible to ruin a main event at a ppv with interference. I liked reigns losing it at the end

Oh another thing, the ppv was so padded out. Ridiculous. So many adds, crap promos and extensive replays

3/10 at best

redvscotty

First Grade
I enjoyed it. Tag match was sick, Owens/Ambrose was good, and the main event went pretty much as expected, at least until HHH came out.

Reigns was LIKABLE for once. Hope he continues/is allowed to continue it.

I think this Ambrose IC reign will be a tester to see if he can step up and 'grab the brass ring'.

Big Pete

Referee
The problem with a show like this is once the main event rolls around, you've already seen everything the show has had to offer. The ladder match gives you the insane athleticism, chairs gives you the brutality and the tables gives you the spectacle of big guys crashing through tables. It gives the main event very little to work with and hurts whatever chances the match has of standing out as much as it should have.

That's been an issue since the first TLC way back in '09, but it rings true here where the opener completely stole the show and everything paled in comparison. I don't even know if it was necessarily a bad choice either. The ladder match put everyone in a good mood right from the get-go, but none of the other matches were going to stand a chance.

It really wasn't a bad show either. It was basically what I expected it to be, a fun show and to give the WWE some credit, they made Sheamus going over palatable. That was a really good ending segment, and now they've got to capitilise by taking Roman off TV. Have the Authority appear on Raw, suspend Roman only for Reigns to make a sneak-attack later on in the show (no bullshit entrance music either, just an OMG what's Roman doing here?! bit). Save it for Raw, keep it brief, build to a Triple H/Roman Reigns match at Wrestlemania and voila. Roman's career will be salvaged.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yeah looks like they have swapped out the Rollins vs Hhh match for Reigns vs HHH, have him suspended, but have him in the Rumble, some time before have Trips destroy him, fully setting the match up.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I really enjoyed the triple threat tag TLC, some amazing stuff throughout (that Kalisto move one of the crazier looking ladder moves I've seen, him & Sin Cara had some great looking stuff through the match), augmented by the awesomeness of Xavier Woods commentary!
That whole deal with New Day healing on the outside to gain stamina like the videogame was hilarious, as was him correcting the commentators mistakes!

Ambrose / Owens was fun, not their best but still entertaining (and unexpected ending). The bit with the finger on the rope looked a bit dodgy (appeared to be just out of reach and got the ref assist!), similar dodgy ref-ness in the Charlotte/Paige match as while made that one a bit off.

Reigns / Sheamus I didn't mind, like others have said the whole bit at the end was back to the no-smiling, no-BS, angry badass that made Reigns entertaining as part of the Shield, and the most he has been cheered since being part of the Shield. Of course HHH/Authority getting some comeuppance for the first time in a long time was a big reason for the cheers too.

The other matches in the middle were a mixed bag of mostly non-memorable stuff. The Wyatt-ECW match was mostly kinda laughable, especially any interaction between Bubba & Strowman (here I'm just gonna put this garbage can in front of my face again after your punch missed the first time). Glad that Wyatts won, but they're still treading water storyline wise.
Don't really remember much about the Ryback/Rusev match, aside from the end and the bit with Lana falling over. I really like Rusev as a performer, so hope he's on the road back to being a kickass dude again as well. Glad Lana is also back to her heelish ways, that whole Ziggler/Summer deal was horrendous so glad that's out of the way.

Will be interesting to see how they deal with Reigns. Him getting time offscreen with random Austin-esque runin beatdowns (then runout again) to infuriate the Authority would be best for a few weeks I reckon. Surely they can see Roman doing the Cena-style jokey jokey promos is putting people off him, the reaction to him just kicking ass after the TLC hopefully help creative see the light?

Misanthrope

Staff member
This PPV epitomises to me why I hate these gimmick PPVs. Why do we need multiple variations of the TLC match? Why do we need an entire PPV themed around Hell in a Cell or Money in the Bank or Extreme Rules?

I know Vince is losing his mind and can't keep track of things like he once did, but does he really think PPV names being 'too obscure' was what was driving fans away from buying PPV?

Valheru

Coach
This PPV epitomises to me why I hate these gimmick PPVs. Why do we need multiple variations of the TLC match? Why do we need an entire PPV themed around Hell in a Cell or Money in the Bank or Extreme Rules?

I know Vince is losing his mind and can't keep track of things like he once did, but does he really think PPV names being 'too obscure' was what was driving fans away from buying PPV?

Couldn't agree more. Gimmick PPV's mean matches that would or should ordinarily be standard wrestling matches get a gimmick for no reason. Gimmicks like HIAC, ladder matches, cage matches etc. should be used sparingly and be part of the natural evolution of a feud. For example, if a heel champ keeps getting themselves counted out or invokes interference, put them in a cage.

Anyways, for a December show which is traditionally lacklustre, this gets a pass mark... barely.

Tag match was great, it was good to see Ambrose go over and the main event actually managed to tell a story post match which should run until mania.

Latest posts